It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Unfurl 'Arrest Bush & Cheney' Banner At National Archives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Protesters Unfurl 'Arrest Bush & Cheney' Banner At National Archives

rawstory.com

Anti-war protesters hung a banner today at the National Archives calling for the arrest of President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

The 22-foot-long banner in red, white and black reads, "Defend Our Constitution - Arrest Bush / Cheney! - War Criminals!"

The protesters, perched on a ledge at the historic building in Washington, D.C., additionally claim to be on a hunger strike.

According to a press release, the five are military combat veterans from the anti-war group Veterans For Peace who intend to stay on the ledge and fast for a full day "in remembrance of those who have perished and those still suffering from the crimes of the Bush administration."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My guess is that their 'full day' hunger fast and hanging out on the steps is going to get hung short of their expectations.

Based on the totalitarian fascist nonsense that was rife at the conventions, it would take an absolute miracle for these guys to last a full 24 hours out there with that giant banner.

But I'll be rooting for em.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
404 error on links dude..
Link here: Click

This is cool.. Is there any images of this??

I want to add a 1 day hunger strike isnt all that.. I would do a few days. perhaps a week.. That would put meaning behind it...

[edit on 9/23/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Fixed.

Yeah, scroll to the bottom. There's a video on it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thanks. DD..

This does seem interesting tho.. Sucks I didnt know about it.. I would have gone to show support.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I salute the high standards of personal integrity of these courageous
Veterans for Peace.
I award them the People's Free Speech, Truth defeats BS Award.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That was a refreshing look at our freedom of speech.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Bush is the worst president in American history. Bush facilitated the 9/11 attacks. Subsequently, Bush lied to Congress and the American people relative to the reasons for invading Iraq. Bush purposefully misled Congress and the American people. Then, Bush murdered more than 4,000 United States service members. And Bush wounded more than 30,000 United States service members. In torturing prisoners of war, Bush patently violated the Geneva Convention. Bush unlawfully wiretapped United States citizens. In using “signing statements” to challenge hundreds of laws passed by Congress, Bush violated the Constitution. Bush has ignored global warming. Bush is guilty of criminal negligence relative to the response to Hurricane Katrina. Bush disobeys our democratic values and Constitution. Bush is a disgrace to the United States.

Indeed, Bush should be prosecuted for war crimes.

Submitted by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang
B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
Messiah College, Grantham, PA

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This was excellent to see. Thanks for posting!

Good to see veterans seeing through their BS and acting on it. They may not be on active duty anymore, but these are true American soldiers.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
HAHA--Classic!

"We took an oath to defend this country against all enemies, both foreign and domestic, and we have domestic enemies in the whitehouse right now."

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Bush is the worst president in American history. Bush facilitated the 9/11 attacks. Subsequently, Bush lied to Congress and the American people relative to the reasons for invading Iraq. Bush purposefully misled Congress and the American people. Then, Bush murdered more than 4,000 United States service members. And Bush wounded more than 30,000 United States service members. In torturing prisoners of war, Bush patently violated the Geneva Convention. Bush unlawfully wiretapped United States citizens. In using “signing statements” to challenge hundreds of laws passed by Congress, Bush violated the Constitution. Bush has ignored global warming. Bush is guilty of criminal negligence relative to the response to Hurricane Katrina. Bush disobeys our democratic values and Constitution. Bush is a disgrace to the United States.

Indeed, Bush should be prosecuted for war crimes.

Submitted by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang
B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
Messiah College, Grantham, PA

new topics

top topics

join