It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi as President ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow, I did not know this was possible.

I guess the possibilities are endless, Bush stays as supreme commander fiddling while Rome burns or Pelosi takes over.

Packing my bags now..................................

On the surface, one would think Barack Obama would be likely to capture the Presidency - and that would be my early bet. Already, Democrats control a majority of 27 states' House delegations, and the party is expected to pick up additional seats this November - perhaps pushing a couple of other state delegations their way. But it may not be so straightforward. The new Congress would take up the matter quickly in early January, but would have to produce a result by Inauguration Day (20 January). Suppose some large state delegations reach an impasse? Suppose some of the more conservative "Blue Dog" Democrats decide to break with their party and vote the way their districts or states did, presumably for John McCain? The turmoil would be an international embarrassment, at the very least. If a stalemate results, the constitution provides that the vice-president-elect would become acting president until the gridlock is broken. Presumably, that would be Joe Biden since Democrats are expected to have a comfortable majority in the new Senate. However, what if the Senate gets tied up in parliamentary knots? It's been known to happen. Then America is likely to get its first female President, at least until the deadlock is broken. No, she won't be named Hillary Clinton, nor will the acting chief be Sarah Palin. Next-in-line will be the Speaker of the House, Democrat Nancy Pelosi.

Article in full
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
When Nancy Pelosi said, "Impeachment is off the table."
It was the same as saying "The US Constitution is off the table."

Now what's on the table is bailout rip-offs, martial law training
and the implosion of the fortress of the United States of America.
When the greedy and selfish go unchecked they destroy the
host like insane parasites who can't even keep the host alive.

join