It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hell is Unfair... Then so is Heaven.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Me personally, I think heaven and hell are the same because it is what you make of it..Just like life..One mans hell is another ones heaven......

[edit on 8-12-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
ooops, replied to wrong thread... sorry

[edit on 11-12-2008 by miriam0566]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hey Ashley, thanks that was an awesome video and a good post.

But I am not certain that our Lord actually sends people to hell. By closely examining the bible, I have realized that there are a lot of things about the afterlife we do not understand. Perhaps we are incapable of understanding it properly in our current state. The idea of the deceiver making a bet with God in the book of Job is a really confusing one. But there are undoubtedly laws that govern the afterlife, that are not made clear. We were just given the basics.

My Preacher recently said something to me that got me thinking. He said; “after death we are taken to our master (whichever one that may be).”

Now it was part of his sermon, and he did not mean it the way I took it, but like I said it got me thinking. What if there is some kind of governing law, saying that (for whatever unfathomable reason) those who try to better themselves through the teachings of Christ and the Gospels, and give themselves over to him, (purchased by His blood as they say) are owned by God. But those who are not on the path of salvation, serve themselves, and the flesh, are by default owned by the deceiver.

Now I honestly can’t understand why this would be, but I cannot claim to understand all the things God does, or how the afterlife works. There is a saying in a video game I once played that stuck with me all these years, and I have often referred back to when considering Gods plans for us and the universe. It was from Diablo II of all games, it basically said: “the will of evil is always headed toward destruction, but the will of Heaven is unfathomable."

So what if the warnings of hell given to us by Jesus, were not because God would send us there, but because we would be going there anyways, and the only way to avoid it was through Him.

I’ll try to put my thought in another way for those you might not understand what I am trying to say. Imagine you and Jesus are walking along a cliff, and you start to fall over. Jesus says; “take my hand or you are going to fall”. The Lord didn’t push you, he’s just trying to save you.

This is just a random musing, take it for what you will, I of course could be way off. It’s just another possibility.

I am sorry if somthing like this was covered. I did not read the whole post.

God Bless

[edit on 15-6-2009 by NRA4ever333]

<< 4  5  6   >>

join