It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]What is this thing constantly following me? [HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Actually if you look at the angle of the mirror, it seems that the reflection would come from behind him, facing him Obviously he knew it was there and why he took the picture accordingly, then again who knows.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

In all honesty, I cannot even determine or 'see' what exactly he(the OP) is referring to.

I was merely pontificating that were the frontside of the anomaly visible in the mirror, its back(in real life, not its reflection) would have to be facing/turned towards the camera.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Thats what I see too. And I believe this is one of those interdimensional reps they talk about. Probably feeding off tension and energy. Since he's noticeable, ie. the OP actually catches glimpes and he shows up a bit in the pic, he's significant and intrusive. I would seek spiritual protection, meditation, energy work especially to shield yourself from his intentions, but send out love rather than anger towards him, forgiveness. It could turn things around.
There are more possiblities of course, such as abduction. Memory work, hypnosis might help. Just keep positive and loving. That can undo a lot of negative intentions.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
OP, in order for the anomaly's presumed reflection to be appearing the way it is (assuming that the face and front of the body is head on from the camera's perspective), would mean that the anomaly itself (not, the reflection) would have to have its back turned to you.

Thus, if the anomaly were indeed following you, then why might I ask would its back be turned to you. Its back must be turned to you, if its frontside is showing in the mirror's reflection.

Mirrors reverse things from left to right, not front to back. Am I supposed to see the back of my head when I look in a mirror?

Anyway, to the OP, it's possible that what you see in the mirror could be random items that coincidentally look like what you're seeing in your visions. I'm curious as to what the ingredients were in the tea that you were drinking. I'm not making fun, I'm seriously interested in the tea. I'd like to try some myself and see what happens. Could we have the recipe?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I did a second drawing after coming to the conclusion that my first drawing was, IMO, "less than accurate".

Here's my second attempt

Yeah....that's a little better.

By the by, where is the OP? I'd love to hear some imput from him.

Cuhail

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

That is very good drawing, it doesn't seem like you improvised, as that is exactly how i would have drawn it, star for you.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is anyone here familiar with the artist Jim Woodring? He's a comic artist who bases a lot of his work on dreams and hallucinations he's had. There is a whole section of his website containing sketches of frogs, and he uses masks a lot as well. His work is very esoteric, having all sorts of personal references that somehow seem familiar, in a whimsical yet creepy way.

I read a bio of the guy once that always stuck with me. In it he told a story about having met a psychiatrist who he felt might be able to help him with his hallucinations and paranoia. The two hit it off, he said, and he was anxious to start his therapy sessions with this doctor. But, after showing him some of his material (mostly published by Fantagraphics Books), he received a call from the doctor's assistant telling him he would not be able to take him as a patient.

He goes on to say that some time later he met another one who disdainfully expressed his opinion of the first doctor's lack of professionalism. But when shown the very same material, handed it back and said, "I wouldn't take you as a patient either."

I wander off-topic here but I'd be curious as to whether any of Woodring's work looks familiar at all to the OP (or anyone else, really.) ...His work is kind of 'Disney-meets-Lovecraft', but I always thought there may be more to it than just the musings of a 'mad-man'.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Maybe becuase, nobody has hallucinations like that. I know its not talked about much on ats, but after taking a high dose of Hallucagens, i have never expericaned anything close to that.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Never having had one, I can only speak for myself. But I believe there are people who do. And there are hallucinogens that do indeed produce experiences like that, and then some. Do some research on mescaline and '___', or even salvia divinorum.

Also, his work is only semi-autobiographical. Like I said, his work is based on dreams and hallucinations. There are no indicators in his work about which are which, it's more like he draws inspiration from them.

Admittedly, I abridged his story for here, but don't dismiss it until you are more familiar with his work, and what you are talking about.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Jayvis, are you still with us here? My thoughts, for what it's worth.....
It seems like this "thing" has been around you for at least 3 years based on the photo of you at age 17, if of course, the image is that of what has been following you to this day. Have you tried talking to it? What about setting up a video camera (even if you have to borrow one) and record it. If it appears in common areas, it should be easy enough to catch it on video. This really is an interesting but scary thing to hear about so I can imagine how it must be affecting you. I don't think it has anything to do with the tea you're drinking....

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Actullay, i am quite familliar with the drugs you described, and they are mild compared, to psycadelics(lsd/magic mushrooms). wich are quite powereful Hallucigens. I know what i am talking about with these, even if my spelling is atrocus.

I like his art, its pretty cool. It reminds me of a gruop from the victorian era. who would meditate and draw beings, sometimes in great detail and in very short time.
They claimed that the images where real and from another dimension, that they had viewed.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What I saw looking in the photo was more like the first drawing. The teeth were there.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

Actullay, i am quite familliar with the drugs you described, and they are mild compared, to psycadelics(lsd/magic mushrooms). wich are quite powereful Hallucigens. I know what i am talking about with these, even if my spelling is atrocus.

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but the three substances I listed are considerably more powerful than '___' or psilocybin. All three can produce intense hallucinations and in high enough doses, even a disassociation with ego. '___' and mushrooms can also do this, but much higher doses are necessary.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I read an article somewhere a while back that stated that the mind - particularly that of young females - can trigger 'quantum abnormalities'. It mentioned ouija boards and poltergeist activity being caused by this phenomena.

I just tried to find the article with Google and had no luck, but this, though not quite the most 'mainstream' explanation, seems feasible to me.

Hey Teratoma just wanted to say I believe I've read the same article and have been searching for it again for ages. I believe it popped up when I was researching telekinetic abilities and nensha (an ability mentioned in “The Ring” films where you can burn images onto surfaces from your mind and even some with such powers also posses the power to have others feel what they feel or project their own feelings through objects, like a painting they’ve drawn- very interesting). Anyway the article was on some site called “Real Carries” or something like that that discussed the Stephen King novel and how some young women truly show signs of such abilities.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jayvis

Have you asked yourself why you see/imagine this thing only when its dark? I dont really feel i can explain any of what your experiencing but just hear me out. Im the wrong side of 30 years old, 6 foot 5 and 12 years in the local gym better off! In a day to day 'normal' state of mind i am petrified of the dark for no reason that i know of. I've never seen anything or 'felt' anything. However, get me in a slightly more aggresive/agitated mood or sink a couple(not excessive) alcoholic drinks and the fear disappears. What i'm trying to say is that i believe that fear, especially related to dark ie cant see whats around you or imagination gets the better of you is a state of mind. Turn the lights on and hey problem solved. Taking a reality check, i find, resets the rational side within. Try it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I am getting my information from experiance, wich is better than reading about it in a book.

I dont think you have the right to challenge me, when you have not used them.

It doesnt take a high dose to have intense, hallucinations. 3g should do it. I think you have your information mixed up. As they are not more powerful, Ask people who have a fair bit of knowlege these drugs.

I honestly would compare salvia to alcahol more than lsd

[edit on 25-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jayvis

Interesting story, that does seem weird, to just lose control of thoughts and almost black out... There are quite a few answers that might fit, it could be something in the tea, or if you're taking any prescription meds or drugs that could do it...

I've seen that youtube clip before, uber creepy and enough to give anyone nightmares. I'd get an Electro-Magnetic Field detector and go over your house, back yard, everything, high EMF can lead to hallucinations, nausea, skin rashes, etc...

Of course there is a slight chance this might be a real "ghost" (whatever a ghost is, no one's really sure)... I'd say that if you keep seeing it write down in a logical eye-witness sort of way exactly what you see and when you see it in a sort of log book. Also, if this creature seems malevolent and keeps coming around even after you tell it to leave you could call in an exorcist, a psychic, or a paranormal investigation team (or all three) and you can always find other ways of catching more photographic evidence of it yourself since the photo you have isn't 100% conclusive...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

This is off-topic, and to continue much further here would be a violation of the T&C. Your assessment of my experiences is just as presumptuous and uninformed as your claims about what kinds of hallucinations people can or cannot have.

Really, what do you know of me or what kind of things I've experimented with? I know what I'm talking about. So much so that I'm confident that you will one day come to see the fallacy of the claims you're making. I don't need to ask anyone. I am quite experienced, and have every right to challenge you.

Example:

Originally posted by monkeybus

Actullay, i am quite familliar with the drugs you described, and they are mild compared, to psycadelics(lsd/magic mushrooms).

The substances I mentioned are also psychedelics, so don't take this personally, but you sound like a novice. And if you're seriously comparing salvia to alcohol, you simply didn't do it right.

Mescaline will make you see things that aren't there. Detailed, animated things, that will still be there if you look away and then back. You can also have elaborate, cohesive conversations with beings that aren't there.

'___' will do the same thing but in greater intensity and in lower doses. There are plenty of posts about it on ATS.

To say that these three are less of a 'trip' than '___' or psilocybin is just wrong. In my opinion, based on experience, and also in FACT.

[Edit - tags]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma

Never having had one, I can only speak for myself. But I believe there are people.....
[edit on 9/25/2012 by Teratoma]

You never had an Hallucination?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes some of the drugs you mentioned are Psycadelics. I guess its down to induviduality. And how you mind reacts to differant chemicals.
Like the majority of people who use salvia, cannot experiance anything. Wich is a weird fact. maybe thats why its not controlled?

lets just agree to disagree.

I don't know what you mean by a novice. But using drugs is not something i brag about. and do not asses my ability to do it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
[post snipped by author]

...All of this drug talk is way off topic but I hope it doesn't get removed. My whole point in the first place was that you, sir, have no way of knowing what kind of hallucinations people can or cannot have - sober, or all lit up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join