It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at the UN?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SciDoc
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I am curious though. Those of you who aren't Iranian, but share a similar view to my own, how exactly did you reach this view?? Most of the people I know, who share a similar view to my own either grew up in an Middle eastern environment, or were brought up in a culture that allowed for open dialogue and research on world affairs without being condemned for being "unpatriotic".

Not sure what exactly your view is.

But I live in London, I'm Half Moroccan/half welsh. So I know some moroccans, I also have known some Iranians too, and other muslims etc.

So because of these experiences and living a life where I can view things from both sides, I don't automatically think "oh no the big scary Iranians, oh no the big scary muslims, oh no the big scary arabs!! etc"

Because I am lucky enough to have a good view of both sides of the muslims and non muslims, because I am Half British and Half moroccan.

So my conclusion, well it might be bit biased
but most of the Moroccans I have met and other people from muslim countries are MORE friendly and nice than a lot of other people here in London! haha. When I go to Morocco, the people there are very friendly, their families are big, and they are all close to each other, there's a lot of love around. And when you go to their house, expect a warm welcome and big meals!

But in London it feels like a more like a hostile enviroment, of course there are plenty of friendly people here, and it is an amazing place, one reason is because of the multicultral society I meet people from all over the world everyday and I love that.

So I know if I forget about dodgy goverments like we have in most places, and forget about all these extremist groups, that most Iranians are probably nice normal people just like anywhere else in the world. And I bet Iranian people are probably more freindly than some people here in London.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I had to chime in on this one. I hate this guy. He was one of the people behind the israeli hostage situation at the Olympics in the 70's. He has also said death to America, death to the jews. He has said outright, if I had nukes, I would nuke Israel.

He is blatantly lying. Given the chance and the manpower, he would nuke Israel in a heartbeat. Let's just hope he doesn't get his hand on ICBM's, otherwise he might hit us over here in the states.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Please provide something, an image maybe or a piece of text or maybe a video which backs your point, thanks.

I already did. Please check the entire thread and find my post that outlined Iran's pitiful approach to human rights. Then come back and tell me how this little p*ssy is so misunderstood.

When I read this part of the link you posted:

Iran: Gay Teens Executed by Hanging

I realized what a bunch of bullshizzle
you are.

The two male teenagers hanged in Mashad, Iran, July 19 were executed not for having sex with each other, as has been reported, but for raping a 13-year-old boy, Human Rights Watch is claiming.

www.ilga.org...

Please read the whole link and please don't swollow any more garbage (propaganda) thrown at you. Your credibility is off the charts mate, it's going downwards already.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Not going to read 8 pages of posts. I do want to say to the OP: You really need to do some serious research on "President Tom" of Iran before you profess your love and admiration of him. You listen to a speech and gush like you've been to a Beatles concert (peace, love, man). This is a very dangerous man despite his obvious ability to convince you otherwise. He wants to kill you and your way of life. You are obviously very young to be swayed so easily. I suggest you steer clear of the Branch Davidians. Peace and Love.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElGatoLoco698
I had to chime in on this one. I hate this guy. He was one of the people behind the israeli hostage situation at the Olympics in the 70's.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was born in October, 1956.

You're suggesting that at the age of 15, he was involved in the Palestinian Black September organization at a planning level?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
dam that mahmoud is such a nice guy with those beautiful words and stuff. it makes you want to forget that he lead the charge to capture our citizens in the embassy in the 70's and totally makes me forget that he is sending roadside bombs to iraq to kill our troops. it also makes me forget that he kills gay people.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Actually my friend he is talking about True Christianity....

Unlike many people he knows of the True Prophecy....

If you can't see how "ungodly forces" have taken over our government your missing out on a whole lot...

Put the pieces together.....

Skull and Bones Federal Reserve Mayer Rothschild Bohemian Grove American Concentration camps

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Its amazing how people who have got not a single clue about Iran, Iranians and muslims know exactly everything about them and what they want to do.
It is sad to see how such a peaceful religion became the source of hatred thanks to the Media and Bush administration. Stop being a sheeple.
Iran has always been a country at peace with the world, what makes you assume otherwise? foxNews?
Ahmadinajad is talking about the end of (i will make this bold for everybody to finally understand) Regimes. whether its zionist or imperalistic. Jewish and Zionists are 2 different things. Its like orange and apples, germans and nazis.
And on the subject of nukes, they only want a strong deterrent. Surrounded by hostile forces you would want the same. And they love their country too much to use one offensively.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Yes, I watched it. I don't think there were any representatives there from the U.S. while he was speaking. That speaks volumns to me. Maybe he is not as bad as we have been lead to believe. His speech was inspiring, I thought. Is our government telling us the truth about anything??

I'm sure Adam and Eve found the Devil's speach quite inspiring as well.

Speaking pleasantries doesn't make you pleasant. This man wants the end of the world to come, remember????? He wants war and death so his savior will come out of that well.

Don't let good behavior and kind words blind you my friends.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Originally posted by zippy1958

Yes, I watched it. I don't think there were any representatives there from the U.S. while he was speaking. That speaks volumns to me. Maybe he is not as bad as we have been lead to believe. His speech was inspiring, I thought. Is our government telling us the truth about anything??

I'm sure Adam and Eve found the Devil's speach quite inspiring as well.

Speaking pleasantries doesn't make you pleasant. This man wants the end of the world to come, remember????? He wants war and death so his savior will come out of that well.

Don't let good behavior and kind words blind you my friends.

do YOU really believe in Devil ? so, take a look around yourself, and wake up
as maybe you should go to the christian forum

what you know about what people want is what you have heard in your TV

so, you say, that bombing of civilian people in iraq, pakistan, afganistan, that going with "a friendship power" to vietnam, all thouse "death squadrons" - does you TV says about thouse things? - you say, this is the will of god ? (as when he is a devil, we can find god in other, best for live place on earth?
called ekhm probably north america sth like that?)

you know, world is much more complicated place then you may think about it. going with some "the only and one truth" which you have heard on TV seems to me very (?) - you can put your own word here

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

is it the evangelicals that want the world to end as soon as possible? the sooner the worlds about to end the sooner rapture happens and they all magic off to where ever

and dont they have massive voting power on who is the US pres?

[edit on 24/9/08 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Are you intelligent enough to know the drastic difference between nuclear energy and nuclear weapons? I know it has the same word in it, but do you understand how complex it would be to go from point a to point b? They're not just a bundled package. I know you've heard that on the news, and it "sounds right" but in no way do they just come "together" like a nuclear bundle from arms-mart.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The dumb is out in strong showing tonight. I wish I had one of those armored vehicles, that instead of shooting water, would should intelligence into all the people. I would do well here at ATS. It always happens whenever Ahmadinejad speaks. Ever speech I've ever heard without edit and a non bias translation, the western media is always misinterpreting something or another. I'd hate to say its on purpose, but I don't see how they could possibly mess up this many times.

They have an agenda. It's obvious at this point. My country is bull#ting us until we roll over and say "Yes! Bad! Like Hella!" so they can have more foreign aggression. Then you have Frankensteins like TXMACHINEGUNDLR (or whatever) talking about "Nuk n' that hohl dang place!"

Why is Iran puffing it's chest every time we get close? Because he is scared that an army of naive idiots is going to march into his land under the same false pretenses that we so brazenly marched into Iraq with. I would be trying to do all I could for my country before the assault of idiocy was putting a million or more of my people into the ground.

And he's a bad guy.

He wants nuclear power! *GASP!*

Did you say "Nuclear power?!"

Because a country who just shot at our military helicopters and just BLEW OUR DRONE OUT OF THE SKY has not only nuclear power, but nuclear warheads.

And all these turds are still stuck on Iran?

Get real.

I know it may be painful, but it'll pay off for you in the long run.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm amazed to hear the remarks of some people here adoring and admiring this man. We take so much for granted (especially our freedom) here in the US. I'm sure the majority of Iranian people do not respect this man and would love to have a taste of the freedom that we have here in the states.
Why are we so quick to listen to someone and just because they speak like an angel we are ready to accept them right away. The biggest deceivers in history have always sprinkled most of their language with love, peace and tranquility. When you turn your back they will stab it again and again until you die.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by markissluv

Iran is a Democratic society and is a leader of civil freedoms in the region, even over that of Israel. They are not as socially tolerant as us, but in the area, they are definitely leading the states. Don't "feel" for those people, because as they may think their president is an idiot, like most Americans feel here, they have their freedoms and in time will fight to have the wide array that we do here.

It's not America's job to make sure everybody in the whole world has social freedoms. If they want them, they'll fight for them, just like we have and will continue to do.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by SciDoc

Many Muslims are conditioned to hate Americans
Oh and Iran has no propaganda there. Found this interesting site regime change in iran
Have only read some of it but this guy, from inside iran, agrees that ahmajinadad and Iranians other leaders are full of crap. Take it for what it is worth.

Of course there is propaganda there. All governments use propaganda thats just how it is. Its the job of the people to see through it and make their own intelligent decisions.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
To anyone who eats up what any leader says, then you are as gullible as can be. That speech was too wonderfully coated with propaganda. If he threw in a wipe Zion off the planet it would have been more believable.

However, some American "patriots" on here place him on the axis of evil. I got news for you, all the higher powers are in that axis. We are all pitted against each other. Instead of making peace and moving up the escalator we are stuck in the same position. They divide and conquer in order to make it easier to control. They then throw religion in the mix to tell us how we are such bad people and we should do what they tell us.

If two leaders go at it they have nothing to lose. We are the ones fighting, dying, suffering while they sit in their one million dollar mansion scheming plans. For what? Because their country is not democratic enough? Or because they want what we want?

It just angers me to see people falling for the our side is the only good side and everyone else is the evil side.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

So, this is what you consider an ideal society?

Sad.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by tide88

Are you intelligent enough to know the drastic difference between nuclear energy and nuclear weapons? I know it has the same word in it, but do you understand how complex it would be to go from point a to point b? They're not just a bundled package. I know you've heard that on the news, and it "sounds right" but in no way do they just come "together" like a nuclear bundle from arms-mart.

Yes I am intelligent enough to tell the difference between the two. I am also intelligent enough that you do not try to make a missle specifically for the purpose of carrying a nuclear warhead unless you intend on attaching a nuclear warhead to it. And yes I also know there is propaganda all over the world, including the US. However not everything is propaganda like people say on this site. Just because fox news reports it, doesnt mean it isnt true. There are plenty other new outlets all over the world that report the same thing they do everyday. I find it funny that people blindly believe what ahmejinedad says, but calls fox news and other outlets pure propagandist. Good think they have freedom of press over there

censorship on iran
You also do not need foreign help to design a nuclear detonator unless you plan on aquiring nukes. Nuclear Detonator

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
To anyone who eats up what any leader says, then you are as gullible as can be. That speech was too wonderfully coated with propaganda. If he threw in a wipe Zion off the planet it would have been more believable.
--cut

Hey, man

You event do NOT know his words on this matter

what he said was (word by word, translated to english)

"the regime of Israel must be wiped off"

what does it mean in fact ?

In fact, many of Israeli and Palestinian people believe, that only living in 1 country with 1 goverment (not israeli only) is the only way to finish the conflict.

but, this is sth I think you hear for the 1st time in your life, that people from Israel also think about their goverment things like this

To have a very special argue, please imagine yourselve, that all the Israeli "ortodoxic jews" DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ISRAEL AS A COUNTRY

as they believe, that they can peacefully co-exist without having a country with other people

is it wired enough? OK, start to make your own investigation, check original translations of Iranian President speeches, look around.

--edit

PS - what I can agree, he is not an angel too

[edit on 24-9-2008 by sechmet]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join