It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at the UN?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
reply to post by SciDoc

No I do not think they will hit a red button. However they may sell it to someone who would smuggle it into the US or Israel and set it off. Maybe a dirty or suitcase nuke. And no, I am not afraid of the other countries you have mentioned. They do not have religious fanatics who support terrorist groups (Hezbollah) as their leaders. I have never once heard Bush say we need to wipe Iran of the face of the earth. They hate us for who we are. There are many over there that I am sure are great people, not fanatics. However their leaders are. And nobody with that kind of hate should have access to Nuclear Weapons. Now go ahead and respond and tell me that bush is evil. Lets me put it this way. If the scenario was switched. If Iran was the USA. They lived here and had our weapons capabilities with their leaders and ideology. And Christians and Jews lived in the middle east with our democracy and freedoms, how long do you think it would take for them to invade us. They wouldn't even bother. I believe they would nuke is without thinking twice. Wipe us off the face of the earth. What do you think?

I believe you have no clue about Iranian history.

I want to figure out what you mean by "They hate us for who we are"...where and when have you ever heard that? Not once have I ever heard the current president of Iran say anything to that effect. If I am wrong, please point me to the source where he says such a thing.

I believe that you believe that Iran would nuke, and I guess the only thing I CAN say to you is, to take a look at the history of the country that HAS used nukes at the current state of affairs, and then take a look at Iran and please tell me in what capacity Iran has been involved in the killing of thousands of people. Of course you will bring up Hezbollah and terrorist organizations...but I would like you to provide an actual proven source. Something that is definitive and not just information that is spewed from the US government. We all know that what comes out of the white house is not necessarily true (ahem...Iraq/WMDs) Also, lest you forget the US-Iraqi sponsored war against Iran that killed hundreds of thousands of Iranians.

"There are many over there that I am sure are great people, not fanatics."

You are dead on with that. There are many people over there who are great. The religious fanatics have not helped paint Iran in a great light. Although American media has not circumvented this, instead taken advantage of it and has effectively portrayed Iran as a country of doom and gloom.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

They have invaded 0. However there terrorist supported groups have managed to kill thousands. Of course maybe they didnt invade anyone because they do not have the means to do so. Regardless, they will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon anyway. Even if they did try to build one it would be destroyed before they finished it. Anyway, getting back to the Op, I think he is full of crap. And if our scenarios were switched he would nuke us and all the other freedom loving people in the world in a second. They would be no invasion. Just a bunch of nukes falling down on us.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SciDoc

I want to figure out what you mean by "They hate us for who we are"...where and when have you ever heard that? Not once have I ever heard the current president of Iran say anything to that effect. If I am wrong, please point me to the source where he says such a thing.

Exactly. This is the Bush statement that the sheeple eat up the most "they hate us for our freedoms" Heh No Bush you dumb chuck the IMMIGRATE HERE because of our freedoms.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by mybigunit

They have invaded 0. However there terrorist supported groups have managed to kill thousands. Of course maybe they didnt invade anyone because they do not have the means to do so. Regardless, they will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon anyway. Even if they did try to build one it would be destroyed before they finished it. Anyway, getting back to the Op, I think he is full of crap. And if our scenarios were switched he would nuke us and all the other freedom loving people in the world in a second. They would be no invasion. Just a bunch of nukes falling down on us.

Ok so now that we have ascertained that they have invaded no one lets talk about how many times have or our ally has invaded or messed around in their business. Even better you tell me in the past 100 years how many times have us or the UK overthrown their government or backed a coup or invasion of their country? I know you know your history that is why I ask. You see people need to start looking at things beyond our government talking points and this is what annoys me about people. We as Americans were given the right to think and talk all we want. But people DONT anymore. We are so consumed in our lives that most eat up what the government says and refuses to do research on their own. It really is sad and thats why I really wonder anymore if people were meant to be free. As a nation we the people really have let our freedoms and our country be squandered away. its sad because the idea of America is the greatest in history.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
These are the same type of people who think "I-RANIANS" are "A-RABS"!

meh....I am glad I am not a "sheeple". Once people stop questioning and blindly accepting truths, that is when situations get dangerous.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

Many Muslims are conditioned to hate Americans
Oh and Iran has no propaganda there. Found this interesting site regime change in iran
Have only read some of it but this guy, from inside iran, agrees that ahmajinadad and Iranians other leaders are full of crap. Take it for what it is worth.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

Please go to "We the Sheeple..." I would love to hear your opinion on that topic! Seriously, not sarcasticly!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

And Americans are conditioned to hate anyone not like us.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by SciDoc

Please go to "We the Sheeple..." I would love to hear your opinion on that topic! Seriously, not sarcasticly!

sure thing
I will read through the thread and offer my own little 2cents, for whatever it is worth. Thanks for wanting to include me in your discussion.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Really? That is why were as individuals give the most money out of anyone when a disaster strikes. Where ever it may be. I do not hate anyone. here are some great things going on in iran right now, to name a few from the above posted link.

Iran Press News reported that the Islamic Republic’s general attorney, described the murders of the two young activists and political prisoners Akbar Mohammadi and Valiollah Fayz-Mehdavi, as appropriate, goes on to specify: “Not only is this a warning, it should be absolutely construed as a threat [to all Iranians opposing the Islamic regime]."
Iran Focus reported that State Security Forces (SSF) in the western city of Hamedan announced that they would crack down on people eating in public during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, forcing offenders to dig graves.
Iran Press News reported that the organization for the defense of human rights in the province of Kurdistan confirmed the prison sentence and flogging for their organization’s member and political activist, Loghmon Mehri.
The Times Online reported that Egypt and Turkey are pressing ahead with plans to join the nuclear club, amid fears that Iran’s atomic program could trigger a nuclear race across the Middle East (lets give everyone nuclear weapons)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by SciDoc

Many Muslims are conditioned to hate Americans
Oh and Iran has no propaganda there. Found this interesting site regime change in iran
Have only read some of it but this guy, from inside iran, agrees that ahmajinadad and Iranians other leaders are full of crap. Take it for what it is worth.

I had a nice little chuckle for the source you provide "defenddemocracy.org". You don't think that the people who run that site (to name a few): Steve Forbes, Sen. Leiberman, Newt Gingrich, Woolsey, McFarlane, Richard Perle....have agendas????? please.

I agree that Ahmadinejad and the mullahs have to go! But this should not be done using the "Operation Mission Accomplished" style, nor should the US have any involvement in a future iranian revolution.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

Amen! That's what got us into this mess in the first place!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

ahmajinadad after he gained power:

In fact, the new president made clear right after his triumphant election victory, "We did not carry out the Islamist revolution in order to introduce democracy." He hammered his objectives home to the rejoicing followers. "Our revolution seeks to achieve worldwide power," he said, continuing, "I am a pure fundamentalist." He repeats these principles the length and breadth of the country, castigates "Western decadence," promises "the strictest interpretation of the religious laws of Shari'a." Internationally recognized conventions on women's rights are for him "a fatal offense against the values of Islam." This is not so much a devout Muslim speaking as rather one who knows that he is in possession of the one, the pure truth. The masses follow him.
source click on how dangerous is iran. it is under must read posts.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok, lets just wait and see....If Iran gets a nuke I want be able to say "I told you so" cause I will be dead! I am telling you he is a dangerous man. The Iranians who disagree with him are scared to Rebel as are the US citizens aganist this government! His government hangs young boys who are gay for Gods sake! Sorry if I get mad, it's just an opinion. I am passionate about the state of affairs in this world. Thats all.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

And of course our politicians never pander to the masses and tell them just what they want to hear!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by tide88

And of course our politicians never pander to the masses and tell them just what they want to hear!

I have never claimed they dont. This is getting out of hand. I was responding to the OP. Where the original poster was talking about how beautiful his speech was.

His words are quite beautiful and he speaks of a world that I would like to live in.
When it hits You Tube I will post the link (or if anyone else sees it first please post it)
He doesn't sound like the devil during his speech, his views were for rights, peace and love for the people around the world. It was actually quite inspiring. Anyone else see it and have thoughts?
My thoughts are this guy is full of crap. It has nothing to do with our politicians. The OP asked us what we thought or think about him and as usual this post goes off topic.

Within the close circle of his loyal followers, Iran's new state president Mahmud Ahmadinezhad revealed his great vision. It stems from the days of the 1979 Islamist Revolution. Now it harbors within it a new explosive force. "The new Islamic revolution" according to Ahmadinezhad, will cut out the roots of injustice throughout the entire world. The era of the Godless regime, tyranny, and injustice has come to its end," he prophesies. "The wave of the Islamist revolution will soon reach the entire world."
Western political leaders and security experts are evincing alarm. "The man at the head of Iran is an extremist, he wants to export the Islamist revolution," it is said in intelligence circles. "If this becomes Iran's new foreign policy, a maximum terrorist worst-case scenario threatens the West. Then the Sunni Al-Qa'ida terrorists and Shi'ite terrorist organizations will cooperate closely. Against the common enemy. Against the West."

One scenario is of particular concern to Western intelligence: Iran becomes radicalized and delivers to Al-Qa'ida in the future what the holy killers today only dream about: chemical and biological weapons for their holy war against the West.

some more great inside iran info from the site above. Yea, this guy is a real peace lover. Let him have a nuke or the possiblity of building one. Good Idea.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by tide88]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't know. i changed my mind about Iran after this video.

All I have is love. I miss him already.

www.nbc.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I wish there was a shrugging shoulders emoticon. it would be so appropriate right now.

It is an argument that can't be won really.

I am curious though. Those of you who aren't Iranian, but share a similar view to my own, how exactly did you reach this view?? Most of the people I know, who share a similar view to my own either grew up in an Middle eastern environment, or were brought up in a culture that allowed for open dialogue and research on world affairs without being condemned for being "unpatriotic".

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

I actually follow world history, and know what role we have played in creating this mess.

Let's look at the people in recent history who have advocated peace:

Martin Luther King Jr.- Murdered

John F. Kennedy- Murdered

Bobby Kennedy- Murdered

Mahatma Ghandi- Murdered

John Lennon- Murdered

'All we are saying is give peace a chance...' John Lennon (1940-1980)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

again....i did say that what Ahmadinejad says is like sh*t spray-painted Gold...sure it looks all shiny and precious, but it is still sh*t.

The website that you keep posting "Regime Change Iran" are strong advocates for the Pahlavi's - specifically son of the late Shah of iran, Reza Pahlavi, to assume power and govern the country under the guise of democracy.

How about this...here is a link to watch Ragehs' "Inside Iran". Its documentary by the BBC on life in Iran. The reporter talks to youth and gets an inside perspective of what life is really like there. You may find it interesting

www.moviesfoundonline.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join