It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at the UN?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Are you guys watching the Larry King interview. It puts to sleep all of the government spouted propaganda. I recommend you watch it. It makes our government propaganda and the obvious Zionist influence do damn obvious in our country it makes me want to puke.

Oh and I love how he points out that Zionists mask as Jews. They are not Jews. They have killed Jews in mass or funded it. They need this mask so that anyone who questions them they can be labeled as a bigot or anti semetic. Great interview.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SciDoc

Don't get me wrong...I love Iran. I am one of the most nationalistic people I know. I love my culture, my people and my history...It pains me that people simplify Iran into either the "axis-of-evil" or the land full of fundamentalists, when in reality, the country, its politics and its social structure are a lot more complex. I wish that people would learn more about Iran, its people and its history.

SciDoc, I am of the belief that the US' aggressive stance toward Iran actually help Ahmadinejad in his country because he can paint us as a danger to Iran's national security. If our approach involved a more diplomatic approach, the people of Iran, who as far as I know are attracted to the idea of a democracy, might be more likely to rise up against the Fundamentalist government.

Am I wrong about this?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Are you guys watching the Larry King interview. It puts to sleep all of the government spouted propaganda. I recommend you watch it. It makes our government propaganda and the obvious Zionist influence do damn obvious in our country it makes me want to puke.

Oh and I love how he points out that Zionists mask as Jews. They are not Jews. They have killed Jews in mass or funded it. They need this mask so that anyone who questions them they can be labeled as a bigot or anti semetic. Great interview.

You seem to really love and respect this man.

When are you moving to Iran?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by mybigunit

You seem to really love and respect this man.

When are you moving to Iran?

Dont need to I dont believe in theocracies which is why I dont want to see people like Palin get elected. On that same not I dont want to see Obama either because hes going to socialize everything and raise my taxes. Puts me in a bind doesnt it? But because I dont soak up everything my government spouts at me I have to move? Is is unpatriotic to question MY government and what the our doing with MY money and MY fellow Americans lives?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Oh absolutely!

The aggressive stance helps him a whole lot. He will spout "zionist" this and that and demonstrate to the country that we NEED to build up our military, and IF we were to develop nuclear capabilities, he would deem it is totally justified for national security.

Diplomacy is the only option. Strong-arming Iran to do abide by the US-Israeli agenda (whatever that may be
) is not going to be affective at all.

I would love to see a debate between Ahmadinejad and GDub...lol. That would be entertainment.

I don't think American should be afraid of Iran at all. Iran would never attack any country, it has always maintained a defensive military stance. However, Iran is not like Afghanistan or Iraq. It is a huge country and has many strong allies. I do believe that any attack on Iran by Israel/US would be a severe mistake.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Dont need to I dont believe in theocracies which is why I dont want to see people like Palin get elected. On that same not I dont want to see Obama either because hes going to socialize everything and raise my taxes. Puts me in a bind doesnt it? But because I dont soak up everything my government spouts at me I have to move? Is is unpatriotic to question MY government and what the our doing with MY money and MY fellow Americans lives?

Settle down there Paul Revere. I wasn't t suggesting you leave the country we both love because of anything you said about the US. You just seem to enthralled with the Iranian President.

I guess you don't have a problem with a leader who kills homosexuals and treats women as second class citizens? If you did, I'm not sure how you could be so effusive in your praise for the little dirtbag.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Night Watchman]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I don't think American should be afraid of Iran at all. Iran would never attack any country, it has always maintained a defensive military stance. However, Iran is not like Afghanistan or Iraq. It is a huge country and has many strong allies. I do believe that any attack on Iran by Israel/US would be a severe mistake.

I agree and that is one of the main reasons I believe it would be disasterous to elect McCain. He will likely continue the aggressive posture.

And I agree also that an attack on Iran would be a grave, grave, mistake.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Settle down there Paul Revere. I wasn't t suggesting you leave the country we both love because of anything you said about the US. You just seem to enthralled with the Iranian President.

I guess you don't have a problem with a country that kills homosexuals and treats women as second class citizens? If you did, I'm not sure how you could be so effusive in your praise for the little dirtbag.

Hey Im not worried about what goes on there my friend. Im worried about what goes on here in the US. If he starts pushing his ways on me and my fellow Americans youll see me care then but he or they do not. Those people choose to live their. The women if that is how they want to live then whatever. Keep in mind a lot of people think that is how it is supposed to be. Like I dont want them to impose their way of life on me who am I to do it to them? We have our own problems we need to worry about and bombing Iran is not one of them.

Edit to add btw you notice Larry King when Ahmadenijad brought up the current crisis and started to talk about how wrong it is to bail out these guys and take the money from the people Larry cut him off immediately. Coincidence?

[edit on 23-9-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Like I dont want them to impose their way of life on me who am I to do it to them? We have our own problems we need to worry about and bombing Iran is not one of them.

On this, we can agree.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

So, those of you who find his words, "beautiful," and "inspiring," I wonder whether you are willing to live in a world in which Islam is the only allowable religion?

He wasn't speaking about Judaism or Chistianity.

You DO realize that, right?

Actually Yes, I did realize that. But he spoke of love, beauty, and nature. I don't care what God he worships..that is his choice and I respect his decision.

Yes, but he doesn't respect yours. That was my point.

Please provide something, an image maybe or a piece of text or maybe a video which backs your point, thanks.

I think the Western media charry picked from his wonderfully composed speech and that sickens me.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Is this the larry king one? Was there more? And did anyone find a video of the UN speech?

[edit on 23-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Please provide something, an image maybe or a piece of text or maybe a video which backs your point, thanks.

I already did. Please check the entire thread and find my post that outlined Iran's pitiful approach to human rights. Then come back and tell me how this little p*ssy is so misunderstood.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

I agree with you in that all governments should rule in a secular fashion, but that's not our culture. They are an Islamic state and there's nothing we can or should do about that. We should respect their belief and let the natural social evolution happen, just as it happened in the United States. Only in the last 30 years have we seen a considerable decrease in racism, and not long ago we were lynching blacks and killing homosexuals at will.

When America was facing it's segregation issues, did France spread nation wide propaganda that we were primitive bigots, running around lynching colored people on the spot, and how we would do the same in their country? No, they didn't. They let us work out our own kinks. Being as Iran is the most democratic nation in the Middle East, even over our ally Israel, we're still throwing around "civil rights" and even "human rights violations." While our ally is firing high explosive rounds at Palestinians waving at tanks, getting it's attention for a cameraman in a full "press TV" uniform.

Iran is the boogey man because they are interfering with special interests. They have a hand in oil and are getting a little too close and too powerful for our "friends" to bear. We're screaming for rights for homosexuals in Iran, when they don't have full freedoms here. Pot calling the kettle black as usual with American foreign policy. They're not innocent, but they don't deserve the constant threat of attack and military posturing from the U.S. or Israel.

The whole beef with Iran irks me because it's so unfounded and unjust. I know when I'm being lied to, I know when people are trying to manipulate me and I refuse for a second to be involved or support any more of my own country's falsehoods. I just want to hang out, work hard, make a good living, finish school, make my family proud, and support them the best I can. I don't want to feel like I have to take sides in another Military conflict or that enemies are trying to blow my freedoms up with suicide bombs. I can see through the bull#, and if it concerns blowing up more innocent people up, I know in my heart that I do not have to support or help people blow another peoples up.

American life is not about waring! It's not about constantly having enemies! It has nothing to do with being in constant fear of something, somewhere, doing something that is going to effect my life. I've had enough.

America represents freedom. I will be free. I will live free. I will respect all. I will not fear. I will not fear your lies.

F*** YOUR AGENDAS, YOUR BIAS VIEWS, AND YOUR TEAM LIKE POLITICS.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
The President of Iran is speaking now on CNN at the UN.
His words are quite beautiful and he speaks of a world that I would like to live in.
When it hits You Tube I will post the link (or if anyone else sees it first please post it)
He doesn't sound like the devil during his speech, his views were for rights, peace and love for the people around the world. It was actually quite inspiring. Anyone else see it and have thoughts?

Isnt the main reason we dont like this guy is because he wants to keep on making nuclear stuff, bombs, etc? Yeah, he can have a nice beautiful speech, so what, so we can back off his plans of making that stuff? Sounds to me like its just a crazy coverup, and people are buying it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DroolsAlot

IAEA has cleared Iran of all weaponized nuclear power. Multiple times.
A report by 16 government agencies cleared Iran of weaponized nuclear ambitions less than a year ago.
UN inspectors are respected and welcome, currently inspecting Iran's nuclear facilities.

There's no reason to blindly follow anyone's word. If people say "he is bad." You ask "why?" If they don't tell you, look for yourself. Weird, juvenile sense there, I know.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DroolsAlot

You know who doesn't allow any sort of nuclear assessments?

Israel.

Our strongest ally.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The full speech to the UN is here
UN Speech

Thank you Thank you Thank you Mark38 for finding and posting the full speech!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yeah this guy is a real angel. It is unbelievable that people would actually believe anything this guy says. This guy would hesitate one second to nuke the USA or any other non islamic country. Actually the coward probably wouldnt do it himself. He would just sell the weapons or nukes to someone crazy enough to set them off. Oh his speech was so nice. He just wants peace and love. Look at Iran human rights records:
civilliberty.about.com...

The Tehran spring of ten years ago has now given way to a bleak political winter. The new government continues to close down newspapers, silence dissenting voices and ban or censor books and websites. The peaceful demonstrations and protests of the Khatami era are no longer tolerated: in January [2007] security forces attacked striking bus drivers in Tehran and arrested hundreds of them. In March police beat hundreds of men and women who had assembled to commemorate International Women's Day.[6]
en.wikipedia.org...
Yup, peace and love. This guys is such a decent human being. I am amazed that anyone with half a brain would believe what this guy says.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It was posted a few pages earlier. Here is the link to the CSPAN speech: www.c-span.org...

I just watched some snippets of the Larry King interview. Ahmadinejad sure is charismatic. I thoroughly agree with some of the points made how Irans non-compliance is basically going against the grain of the US agenda.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
Yeah this guy is a real angel. It is unbelievable that people would actually believe anything this guy says. This guy would hesitate one second to nuke the USA or any other non islamic country. Actually the coward probably wouldnt do it himself. He would just sell the weapons or nukes to someone crazy enough to set them off. Oh his speech was so nice. He just wants peace and love. Look at Iran human rights records:
civilliberty.about.com...

The Tehran spring of ten years ago has now given way to a bleak political winter. The new government continues to close down newspapers, silence dissenting voices and ban or censor books and websites. The peaceful demonstrations and protests of the Khatami era are no longer tolerated: in January [2007] security forces attacked striking bus drivers in Tehran and arrested hundreds of them. In March police beat hundreds of men and women who had assembled to commemorate International Women's Day.[6]
en.wikipedia.org...
Yup, peace and love. This guys is such a decent human being. I am amazed that anyone with half a brain would believe what this guy says.

What part of what he says don't you believe? For that matter, what politician do you know that speaks the total and complete truth?? Of course Ahmadinejad has done nothing for human rights in his own country. I don't view him as any more evil than the current US president and his advisors.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join