It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does reincarnation follow linear time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
here is how i picture it
imagine a chair anything sitting in that chair ages (or begins a flow of time)
now lets just say that if someone was being reincarnated they would go and sit in that chair and time would being for them. now imagine that the world is being made up or constructed inside that persons mind. think of it as the internet (world) when a person logs on (Reborn) to the internet time starts for them when they log off (die) they go to well any where they want to (Heaven space earth). now just like real life they can log on (reborn again). again or stay offline for a few more hours
but any way that how i imagine time.

by reading this you are more confused than you were before or got a clear head

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is a really interesting questions. If we knew what timelines were, truly, in practical living examples, it would be easier to answer. For example, some ets seem to be time traveling and tweaking timelines when they work with people. I read a detailed account of this, both the greys and human ones. I've read several accounts of earth as a prison, one famous one is Robert Miles, the other is a someones detailed thread in another forum. This would mean that many of us, or at least some, could already have experienced the kind of societies advanced civilizations from the cosmos do, and we were literally sentenced to a more primitive backward planet many thousands of years in the past.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yep i believe this, if reincarnation is real, then we would not generally follow time as we know it. If its true, i would like to be a tibetan monk a few centuries back, in a monastary in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Yep i believe this, if reincarnation is real, then we would not generally follow time as we know it. If its true, i would like to be a tibetan monk a few centuries back, in a monastary in the middle of nowhere.

I often hope that reincarnation is true, because there are so many things that I would like to live as.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hey there asmeone2,

You are a very astute person my friend. As a PLRT myself I designed a process to access pastlife memories without using hypnosis ... for the very reason you mention. Suggestive contamination is all to easy (even if unintentional), when a client is under hypnosis ... however careful and reputable the therapist is.

As for 'future-life memories' ... I personally don't do that, although I know there are regression therapists that do. The reason I avoid such practice again is for the reason you mentioned ... IT CANNOT BE PROVEN !!!

Being quite a sceptical person myself and because of my personal experiences, I want my clients to have something tangible to work with after they leave me. Obviously it is their choice but (again personally), I want some back-up evidence to substanciate my own recollections. And hopefully my clients will go away and try to find some authenticity to the details they recall themselves ... otherwise they will never know whether the things they recall on my couch were real ... or just a vast figment of their imagination.

I can only speak for myself but when I recalled details of one of my own pastlives (spontaneously), back in 1992 ... I needed to know what the hell was going on ... had I simply lost the plot ... or was there substance to my recall. After much research I was able to identify the reality of people , places and situations that had re-emerged in my mind.

Rather than waffle on here there are many more details about my experience to be found on my website (link in my signature), if you're interested.

But I would like to say that your approach to a subject you have not experienced personally is a wise one ... so many people dive into things of this nature and accept it all blindly. Everyone should reserve an element of sceptisism until they can be certain there is no logical explanation for what they believe to be PLM ... this holds true of all paranormal phenomenon.

Too many people 'believe' because they want it to be true and by doing so they leave themselves open to charlatans and conmen.

Great thread S&F from me. Woody

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
From my reading, I have come to believe that all our lives, past, present and future (kind of a paradox, lol) exist simultaneously, we experience them all at once. IMO, this would mean that 'time' itself is merely a construct of a physical world, a canon to be placed against our experience, which also goes against some of my earleir theories, although, I cannot grow without challenges to my beliefs.

As I am here in this life, experiencing, typing on this computer, I am also currently mikling a cow about 400 years ago, lol. I am using 'time' here, to express the state of society then, its technological advancement, and not as a reference to '400 years go'. It will take my entire life to grasp these concepts and even then, I will not know if they are right or not, but that doesn't mean I can't experience my belief in them, call it walking for the sake of walking, without a destination in mind.

Stephen Hawking has brought out an interesting theory for the 'big bang', his new theory states that at the instant it...[sigh] 'banged', every possible thing that could've happened, happened, all universes, with everything happening in them, happened, and then they all 'fell away' to leave the one with the greatest chance of 'survival' for lack of a better word. Now, this is interesting, but I don't fully agree, rather than them 'disintegrating' into nothing, I believe they all fell into their own vibrational frequency, or their own 'layer', each stacked on top of the other ( I say stacked, but I think they all exist in the same space/time), so were as from we are, it looked as though they were all destroyed, they merely 'fell out' of our range of perception could these be all the varying 'lives' of ourselves, in infinite 'dimensions'?

IMO, yes, but this makes it nearly impossible to discern 'time', for instance, if all lives happened at the same time, then there is no 'time', its like infinite time for 1 monkey to type shakespeare or infinite monkies, either way, it will get done, but one is done in a billionth of a trillionth of a gazilionth of a nanosecond, barely existed at all.

Just thought, one of these would require infinite time, the other would require infinite space (for all the monkies), can you have both? Even if they are the same thing, to have both would seem pointless? If you try to explain infinity for one, it leaves the other one useless? i.e. you wouldn't need infinite space for 1 monkey, and you wouldn't need infinite time (or time at all!?), for infinite monkies?

EMM

[edit on 27-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Lol, in my world, you already are!!!

Don't delete me >.<

PLEEEEAAASE!!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I have always joked that time travel is real but you have to be born into the time you are visiting... I maintian that I put in for the 2nd century eastern mediterrian and was put in the mid 20th century by mistake... and boy am I pissed... not to mention they lost my luggage.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think God is outside of the constraints of time and space. We are constrained to it until we leave this dimension. Other dimensional beings ... angels, saints ... are also outside of the constraint of time. However a soul still on the karmic wheel of reincarnation is shackled. That's what I think makes sense.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Very good one, I believe it is NOT like that. Reincarnation doesn't follow linear time but follows karma/cause&effect. So if all the elements are set perfectly for you (and incarnating co-souls etc.) to work out some aspects of sown karma, you could go towards a life forwards or backwards in physical manifestaed linear time, with you even having had other lives in between!

So it's not like my past life experienced/inhabited has to have been before this one, in the decades before being born now. I might have had a life then, but the previous one experienced might've been way before that, or way after this one.

I'm totally convinced of this.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Great topic, thanks.
I believe that we may have lived in the future. We may very well have access to our future lives. Perhaps this is where "great thinkers," like Tesla, got their ideas and insight... I also believe, on a different note, that 911 may have been orchestrated, by many world governments, to move the world off a time line that had inevitable mass destruction in it's path. That's just my opinion. I have never been a conspiracy theorist, until recently.

a reply to: asmeone2

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

"There exists only the present instant ...
There is no yesterday nor any tomorrow, but only Now ... " Meister Eckhart

"To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palms of your hand and eternity in an hour." William Blake

Personally i lean towards Blake's interpretation. Its all about perspective i imagine.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

There are several factors to reincarnation. Do we come back as animals, plants, or bugs?

Assume humans can only be reborn as human, we have an exploding population for a long while now.
Why is earth being flooded with souls? Is it purposeful in an attempt to collapse the system of long term conditioning & psychic poisoning? Or is there an enormous amount of Beings who happen to be in the middle of a genocide & keep popping up on earth?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't believe in reincarnation or an afterlife but this story has always stuck with me for some reason:
The Egg

If anything, a reason to be nice to each other.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

As believer in reincarnation, I have always thought of it happening in a linear fashion. Recently there was a thread posted by member about a short story the Egg, written by Andy Weir.

The Egg

After reading this story, it hit me that time really is a human creation and could it really be the reincarnation doesn't happen in linear time.

Interesting topic.

a reply to: MortlitantiFMMJ

Its a thought provoking story!
edit on 12-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't believe it follows linear time at all. If reincarnation exists, and time is only a construct of the human mind, then the soul would not be limited to time constraints created in the physical mind.

In that sense, who's to say that there are even multiple souls? What if we are really all one soul? Think about it. As Bill Hicks so cleverly pointed out, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. One soul using physical bodies as a way to filter experiences.

If reincarnation exists and is not confined to a linear timeline, then it is also plausible that only one soul is being reincarnated over and over again. I've always thought this, but then, one day, a friend posted this story on FaceBook and my mind was blown. Apparently, my inner train of thought regarding the matter isn't unique. The story is about a man who has died and is now in the prescence of God. He asks about death, the afterlife, the meaning of life. God tells him he's going to be reincarnated. He also tells the man he has been reincarnated before, that he will be over and over until he 'gets it'. He also tells the man that he could very possibly be reincarnated into a different timeline. The man then logically deducts that it's possible he has met himself in a previous life but didn't know it. God agrees and the man then asks what the meaning of life is, then. God replies (emphasis mine):

[...]
“The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.” You stared blankly at me.
“But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”[...]

The Egg

edit on 12-8-2014 by nunya13 because: typo

edit on 12-8-2014 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Reincarnation is not like a "path", really, we are made up of countless memories from all different people whom are dead and gone, trying to find "you" in the past is difficult, because, when you were born, all the "old memories" and "past selves" rolled into one, so, you tecnically were not those people, however, in terms of your memories and attributes as an individual, you can treat them as your "other parents" that are also a part of you as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join