It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here had an "Angel of Death" encounter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I don't mean "angel" strictly in the Christian sense, I use that just for lack of a better term. I want to know if anyone here has had an encounter in which they see some sort of psychopomp that does not take the form of a previously deceased family member.

Perhaps it was coming for you during an NDE, or for someone dying near you, or you saw it completely unrelated to any particular death.

I had a very powerful dream once that featured an "Angel of Death." It was very powerful, neither good nor evil, but like a neutral force of nature personified. I did not talk about it for a long time but it was extremely profound, even life-changing, and though some would say that it was just neurons I still beleive that there was some sort of outside influence.

So, ATS, has anyone experienced anything similar?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think I know what you're talking about, its kinda like the "things" in the Gaia religion.
Not sure what you're feelings on anime are but take a look at Princess Mononoki. Explains it pretty well and it has a very good storyline.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
yes i have ill go more in to my experiance latter as im about to go to a birthday dinner for my father in law. but its what started me worshiping death and researching thanatology.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
yes i have ill go more in to my experiance latter as im about to go to a birthday dinner for my father in law. but its what started me worshiping death and researching thanatology.

I'd be fascinated to hear that, as I had a similar kind of experience. Feel free to U2U me if you don't want to post it for all to read.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
well it started when i was 10 and i saw my first dead body it fell out of a hearse on my street when the hearse hit a pot hole (pot hole is a nice ternm for a hole the size of a basketball and about 1 foot deep) the back poped open the casket fell out and spilled open. so i sat there staring at it and then i touched it before the driver could fix the mess and be on his way.

for several days after this i started wondering about death, i then begane to experiment with death killing bugs, and animals in variouse ways some fast, some slow, some painless, some painful. after a while i started having dreams of a man with long black hair, olive tan skin, and black featherd wings.

he would fly down (strangely enough he was mostly naked) and talk to me about death and that it wasent a bad thing but it wasent a good thing either. he would talk about that every one will die no matter who they are and that it keeps everything in the world equal.

i continued to have these dreams regularly for a few years before i started seeing him when i wasent asleep so i started studying every religouse belife and mythology i could about death. eventualy i came to the conclussion that he was the god thanatos of ancient greek belifes. after i figuerd who he was i became a willing follower of his, i still see him sometimes and i still dream of him and hades(the realm not the god) often.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
from age 8 until about 17, when I was bored I would dimember bugs and leave them to be eaten by ants on the sidewalk near my home. I did this every summer for those 9 years and usually around the end of September I would have some type of dream involving a black figure dressed in a hooded Red Robe.... There were no words spoken, but every year the dream would get more and more intense as if it were telling me to stop doing that. I decided to stop at the age of 17, after a dream with this figure came up and I was having my arms and legs torn off by the bugs I killed on my sidewalk, I woke up screaming and now when I'm bored I mildly injure rather than kill bugs. I have not had the dreams since.

top topics

join