It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge May Have Healed Sick, Injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Stonehenge May Have Healed Sick, Injured

www.foxnews.com

LONDON — The first excavation of Stonehenge in more than 40 years has uncovered evidence that the stone circle drew ailing pilgrims from around Europe for what they believed to be its healing properties, archaeologists said Monday.

Archaeologists Geoffrey Wainwright and Timothy Darvill said the content of graves scattered around the monument and the ancient chipping of its rocks to produce amulets indicated that Stonehenge was the primeval equivalent of Lourdes, the French shrine venerated for its supposed ability to cure the sick.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I find this interesting! Some people have claimed strange experiences at Stonehenge (back when you could get into it), and if it has such properties could this actually be the reason it was built?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I know the truth about stone henge, It's a Tramampoline! Base, They used to stretch fabric over the top, and bounce on it.

Thats why there was a wooden fence around it, it was a funfair type ride, they also had a beer tent, and coconut shys.

the blue stones were actually Ride tokens

[edit on 23-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If it were for curing the sick you would think someone would have said so from personal accounts, or maybe someone that lives close that knows of someone suffering from some ailment could go try it out and see if there is any truth...Who knows maybe the magnetic field that it produces? maybe promote regeneration of sorts.

I read somewhere that there was some sort of magnetic field around that place but it was long ago. I may have just read a tall tale thou.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've read this and a couple of related news stories on these recent Stonehenge "findings," but I don't think it's at all convincing. To me, this is the same old "Let's see who can fabricate the best fantasy about Stonehenge" nonsense that passes for archaeology and paleoanthropology today.

I mean, they find a number of crippled and diseased skeletons at Stonehenge, supposedly of non-local individuals, and researchers assume that these individuals traveled to Stonehenge for the site's healing energies, right? I can think of several alternate scenarios right off the bat — Stonehenge was a prehistoric POW camp; Stonehenge was an execution/sacrificial site; Stonehenge was a hospital; Stonehenge was simply a cemetery; Stonehenge was a municipal park where the handicapped came to beg; et cetera, et cetera. All of those theories are just as valid.

— Doc Velocity

top topics

join