It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700 Billion Dollar Bail Out The Real Solution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Again, you are supporting giving BILLIONS to BILLIONAIRES while screwing the little guy.

Hopefully they don't give Billionaires Billions of dollars. Could you imagine it? BILLIONAIRES getting BILLIONS of dollars. I'd much rather have that 7,000 dollars given to me to help with bills then help a Billionaire fill up his Private Jet.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GordonJQ

Either you are not reading my posts or are misunderstanding them. I said I don't support the bailout to anyone...PERIOD. But I am also a realist. This is an election year and Congress will pass something that will cost us money. BASED ON THAT NOTION I prefer they write the bill to the the taxpayers advantage. The taxpayers are the ones you call the little guys. Rich people will still be rich people whether this goes through or not. If anything they will be richer because they will be able to buy other companies and properties at very low prices due to our current economy and sell at a higher price when the economy improves.

Mercenary2007, no sweat. I think we clarified everything. I think we both agree this is outrageous and will cost us a fortune. Hopefully, Congress says no but this election year has been a surprising one. Guess nothing should surprise us by now.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
And now the American People speak. Polls show 55% say it is not the Government's job to make sure Billionaires and fill up their private jets. Who the 45% that want to be shafted are who knows.

Warren Buffet invested 5billion into Goldmen Sachs or whatever. So now maybe we'll only need 695Billion...

And the new newsbite on TV? Bush bashing the Democrats for playing politics because they won't give his guy absolute power over the purse strings with no oversight. So the guy could take the 700billion dollars and build the largest Mansion in the world, buy every Ferrari ever made, or have the largest orgy in history. And of course the Democrats want some of that money to go to the little man.

They should say screw billionaires and cut it down and keep that money so they can pay for education, our troops, the people, not the Billionaires.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would like to know if the government is using tax dollars to bail these banks out and they going to take control of a percentage of the banks. Do I as a taxpayer get stocks in these companies.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I truly belive that the 700 billion dollar bailout should be used to help homeowners bail out of there forclosere crisies. the truth of the matter is the banks took advantage of homeowners they knew that some of us americans could not afford those homes .please help us homeowner with this i bought my home at two hundred twenty five thousand now it is worth one hundred thousand or less . people that are losing there jobs should also be helped with the 700billion dollar bailout. at the closing we were taking advantage of the paper work at the time of the closing. i put my life savings down of 39.000 it is like a living hell. i truly support the 700billion dollar bail out.so MR. PRESIDENT PLEASE HELP US AMERICANS THROUGH THIS CRISES. I have falling behind in all of my bills because of high mortgage. american we stand.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Take all that money, give it to the people.
The people will use it to pay off mortgages, buy stuff, and really jumpstart our economy back up.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As far as drinking the coolaid and agreeing with whatever Bush wants to do goes, I'm sure republicans will do that without question and condemn the rest of us who know better, for not accepting the lies and BS without question. The simple fact is that the war in Iraq was never about "terrorists", it was about WMD's which were proven to never have existed there. There is no one else but the Bush Administration to blame for the last 8 years leading up to an economy in the crapper. Average Americans aren't distracted by the Iraq war. Their top issue is the economy and no amount of rhetoric or spin can trick them out of it now.

You have to ask yourself why the Republicans in Congress were so against this bill in it's original form? It gave Paulson far too much power and clearly was never designed to do anything for the American People. It's not about us. It's about the Wall Street rich guys who screwed the economy (that's you and I who aren't rich) and want us to bail them out for their screw ups. The House didn't pass it the first time, the Senate only passed it with quite a number of revisions, and by the time it made it back to the house and passed, it wasn't the same bill that Paulson and his cronies came up with. There will be quite a bit more congressional oversite of the bailout plan and the availability and usage of the money than Bush or Paulson wanted. They're just going to have to accept it. As for what this bill is suppose to do for you and I down here in real America where the price of gas continues to be high despite the price of oil per barrel having come down, since we're paying for bailing these guys out, I'd like someone to provide us all with facts on what this will do for you and I, who aren't rich?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
By the way,

Are any of you creeped out by the fact that the government is now in charge of the biggest investment banks, the biggest mortgage brokers, and one of the biggest insurance companies in the world?

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Mirlin11]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
Take all that money, give it to the people.
The people will use it to pay off mortgages, buy stuff, and really jumpstart our economy back up.

This to me sounds like an actual bail out plan for the American People. Who is going to bail out small businesses who fail? There won't be a bailout plan for that. There should be. They should do something more than a $600 dollar check for us. They should guarantee each and every one of us a check (that the IRS can't confiscate to pay off any tax debt or any other bait and switch trick) based on the fact that we need it. Well, those of us who don't work on Wall Street need it. My car certainly is not a Mercedez. Is yours?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join