It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got My Job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
for those of you who've read my previous thread on my entrence into the Air Force, i have just found out what im going to be doing for the next 4 years. im going to be doing ICBM electronics. im so excited about this. i leave the tenth of august for lackland AFB in texas. man its going to be hotter than hell down there

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
No action? Technical stuff?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Good luck Ivan.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Sure is nice to know someone else is going to Lackland this year. I start basic may 18 and pray to lord it's not scorching hot.

Once again, gj Ivan.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Good luck. As a kid I used to dismantle minuteman missile parts that I found in the Malmstrom AFB dump at Great Falls Montana. Lots of relays.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
[connery]Some things in here, don't react well to bullets[/connery]

congrats

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ah! Good ole Lackland. Guy's don't forget to start everything with a reporting statement...."Sir! Airman XXXX reports as ordered".
A couple of other tips. Carry more than 3 341's (You'll see) and carry a 341 with a made up name on it. Give up the fake one when they collect them from multiple people. O! and lastly, nothing gets scuff marks off of floors like neutral shoe polish.

You can thank me later.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
for those of you who've read my previous thread on my entrance into the Air Force, i have just found out what im going to be doing for the next 4 years. im going to be doing ICBM electronics. I'm so excited about this. i leave the tenth of august for lackland AFB in Texas. man its going to be hotter than hell down there

Hey, Good luck Ivan!! That should set you up with some good knowledge and skills for later on in life as well, even in the Non-Military World. I say this, not from my own personal experience, but because that is EXACTLY what my Dad spent his Military Years doing.

He wasn't always real happy about being stuck in some hole in the earth though. Plus he spent the whole term of service in Little Rock which wasn't exactly as exciting or adventurous as he was hoping for. Apparently he even requested to be sent to Vietnam a few times just so he could get to see something different, but was denied and told he was too good at what he was doing to go off and get shot. But in the end he left there with a head full of knowledge that proved useful on the outside as well.

This is what he spent those years working on. What is now known as the "Titan II Space Launch Vehicle" was once the "Titan II ICBMs" that My Pop's was building.

So if your time is spent in a similar fashion, a "Job" is pretty much what you're looking at.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
No action? Technical stuff?

yeah no action. the only way ill see action if theres an all out unclear excahnge between the superpowers

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey, congradulations man!

Glad you got just the job you wanted.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
hey, congrats! that is really awesome that you got your job.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Dude I live in San Antonio, its great right now, you'll love basic there. Your a fine American Ivan. Good luck. Just remember to keep the launch and abort buttons straight

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Dude I live in San Antonio, its great right now, you'll love basic there. Your a fine American Ivan. Good luck. Just remember to keep the launch and abort buttons straight

dont worry, i dont go near those. only launch officers do.

top topics

join