It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will our posts live forever.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Pheewwww.. what a journey!!

Well just got back from the year 2045 and yep, the posts are still there.

Got one of those HDR time devices and they work, so i can safely say that all the posts will be here until at lease sept. 2045....

Although, you may not like ATS of the future..... It's a PPU (pay per use) site and you can only join if you have an alien guardian....

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here's a question for our members.

Some time ago, we played with the idea of publishing yearly hardbound editions of all the threads started in that year... "The 2007 AboveTopSecret.com Book of Threads" is an example of a working title. Clearly, there would be an expense involved in the compilation of such an annual tome.

The question is, how many members would purchase such a thing?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yup, would definitely take 2 here and I know of others around me that would have some as well.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hey, would it contain the posts that were deleted??

na...I'm just kidding.

If it's available in the UK,, i would love to.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Some time ago, we played with the idea of publishing yearly hardbound editions of all the threads started in that year... "The 2007 AboveTopSecret.com Book of Threads" is an example of a working title. Clearly, there would be an expense involved in the compilation of such an annual tome.

i would, good for presents!
it would be great if with the threads you also had commentary from you and the mods and maybe include with it a cd or dvd of all the best podcasts. also in the book include pictures of all your official trips.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I don't know about a book, but maybe a DVD? Wouldn't a book of all the threads started in a year have to be a multivolume monster?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

A chance to legitimately claim "I'm in print!"??? I wouldn't miss it! Plus think of all the great moments of "See, we were talking about this all along.." and "I told you so" et. al.

such a tome would be sought after even by non-ATS members.

(How would you handle embedded media though?)

Also, do we lose intellectual property once we submit it here?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i have an idea:

after making some server backups, make the backups available for us. at least text only. this way, anyone can carry with him a little bit of ATS.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Also, do we lose intellectual property once we submit it here?

From the Terms and Conditions:

3) Content Copyright: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant The Owners non-exclusive rights to publish your posts in perpetuity in all forms.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
hehe i looked at ats, back i the begginning how far it has come now in ten years. What happened to the hacker section?

[edit on 25-9-2045 by monkeybus]

[edit on 25-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by encoder
after making some server backups, make the backups available for us. at least text only. this way, anyone can carry with him a little bit of ATS.

Here's a shocker. A digital archive of all the posts, formatted to be displayed locally on your computer, would require three DVD's.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The entie History of ats can fit onto 3 dvds?

Wouldnt the threads have to be simplified, like in Word pad, for this?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Now there's a "selling" point for ATS ... immortality!

And here's an idea for extra cash flow .. offer people the opportunity to have their most embarrassing BTS posts deleted or made anonymous .. for a price, of course.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by encoder

Here's a shocker. A digital archive of all the posts, formatted to be displayed locally on your computer, would require three DVD's.

brake it up into several parts. for example in 3 month bits.

3dvds... so what? Romania has broadband

share it via torrent.

and make some commercial dvds with lot more content (for me to hack and share freely )

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
maybe two versions ?

One with the Full Experience, the whopping 3 DVD's and another version , one DVD filled with 'the Best of the Best!'

I mean, there are in some instances several threads aimed at one topic, rehashed, whitewashed and hung out to dry.. I for one can really dig only having one thread, which has to contain all the info, or most of it anyway, pertaining to the topic at hand.

Even if it turns out all the threads I ranted in didn't make the cut, I'd still be buying

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

And let's nip the "moderator swimsuit calendar" insert idea in the proverbial bud.

Please!

[edit on 9/25/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
And let's nip the "moderator swimsuit calendar" insert idea in the proverbial bud.

Please!

...oh come on...I just waxed and everything...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Please!

...oh come on...I just waxed and everything...

Yiiies, but presumably not on account of the calendar.
That would be strangely premature.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join