It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

priests get immunity from God's law!?!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i was wondering last night: God said that a man/women should not live with another man/women UNLESS they are married by the church...

WELL...

what about priests? priests live TOGETHER in brother resisidences!

do they get an immunity from God's laws since they are priests?

just wondering its NOT a fact...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i once went to a speech by a priest and he said society consists of two ships. one ship is full of christians, and no matter what they do they will end up in heaven because God will forgive their sins. the other ship is the non-christians who will end up in hell regardless of how they live their lives as they do not believe in Him.

cant think of a worse way to look at the world really.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

i once went to a speech by a priest and he said society consists of two ships. one ship is full of christians, and no matter what they do they will end up in heaven because God will forgive their sins. the other ship is the non-christians who will end up in hell regardless of how they live their lives as they do not believe in Him.

I hade it explained to me the same way. I was told that once saved you could molest children rape wpmen steal murder etc and it did not matter you were already saved

On the other hand Gandi is burning in hell because he is a heathen.

This was not a weirdo that told me this either it was a ranking member of the babitist church

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
This was not a weirdo that told me this either it was a ranking member of the babitist church

although you could argue that to be a high ranking member of the baptist church you had to be a weirdo.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bolshevik

Originally posted by Amuk

although you could argue that to be a high ranking member of the baptist church you had to be a weirdo.

You got me there......LOL Point taken

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i was wondering last night: God said that a man/women should not live with another man/women UNLESS they are married by the church...

WELL...

what about priests? priests live TOGETHER in brother resisidences!

do they get an immunity from God's laws since they are priests?

just wondering its NOT a fact...

Ok just to respond to the first post... Where in the Bible does it say that a person can't live with another person. Does it explicitly say "live together", or what?

Because by this rule, no one could live together. Everyone would have to have their own house. Parents couldn't live with children, etc, etc. Your logic is wrong, priests have no immunity from God's law. People do not have to be married to "live together." People need to be married to "lay" together, or have sex (according to God) but I don't think the priests in the brotherhoods are doing that (I can already hear the jokes, but lets be serious).

Perhaps you're just trying to find some fallacy or such in the Bible to exploit and make fun of Christians, which you're probably not doing, but you might be. If this is the case, it's not a good example.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
faisca-

no it actually says it in the bible BUT it says it in a different way..."thy shall not commit adultary"

if you live with the opposite sex your tempted to do sumthang' wit' that person etc.

it also says it alot of other places so please DONT bash me...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hey, I wasn't bashing you. I'm glad you pointed that out for me. I was just pointing out that by what you said, anyone could not live with anyone else. Twasn't bashing in the least, I merely made a conjecture that you might be trying to make the Church look bad.

Your logic still doesn't hold up, though. Unless you can give me specific quotes from the Bible (I'm no Bible scholar myself, even though I consider myself quite religious, I can't cite verses for you =/ ).

if you live with the opposite sex your tempted to do sumthang' wit' that person etc.

You can't make the corrolation that just because people live together they'll sleep together. That's an erroneus assumption, and a blatant fallacy in your reasoning because you can't assume that if a guy/girl live together they'll sleep together. Besides the fact, it doesn't even further your argument for priests. Priests live with other priests when they live together in one house. So that has nothing to do with living with the opposite sex.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that kind of law does not apply to men living with men, or women living with women, so it doesn't apply to priests. Hope I'm making a clear point.

BTW, nice avatar. Is that Goku? Or is it Gogeta or however you call him/Vegeta? At any rate, DBZ is sweet and so is your avatar.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think they mean its ok to 'live' together like in a monastery or convent, but not to live together like as in a 'man & wife' kind of way.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Where in the bible does it say that?

I think your confusing things more than they need to be.

wtf does it say some one cant live with some one else?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

The Church only has authority over the people of the church because they are slaves.

That only refers to the church, not the entire world.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The Church only has authority over the people of the church because they are slaves.

That only refers to the church, not the entire world.

How, pray tell, am I a slave?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bolshevik

cant think of a worse way to look at the world really.

People are slaves because of that mentality

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
But by saying all Christians have that mentality is extreamly bigotted.

new topics

top topics

join