It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to Obama: Lay Off My Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Obama's big problem with "Blue Dog" rural democrats (mostly white, working class voters who often vote Republican) is that they fear he will come after their guns and the hallowed Second Amendment. Not so, says Joe Biden - and he'd better not try.

"I guarantee you, Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey," Biden said angrily. "They're going to start peddling that to you.

"I got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem."

Of course he was being facetious. Biden doesn't hunt, but shoots clay pigeons with the two shotguns. "I like that little over and under, you know? I'm not bad with it," he said today. Source

This is the same guy who thinks you're crazy to own an AR-15?

I wonder if his line is drawn at only allowing "special" and "elites" to have guns or if only the guns he likes should be legal to own? Would some random shotgun massacre suddenly change his mind?

I forget, wasn't Biden the author of the 2nd Amendment attacking AWB I had to come of age under? I'll never forgive him or anyone who supported it for that. A decade I'll never get back.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Biden was only saying that his guns are safe. Common folk are not to be trusted with guns, and will promptly be disarmed... at least thats the dark desire that the Democrat party harbours.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I wonder if his line is drawn at only allowing "special" and "elites" to have guns or if only the guns he likes should be legal to own? Would some random shotgun massacre suddenly change his mind?

[edit on 23-9-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

You have it right. Those of us that are the "Great Unwashed" won't have'em. Or at best they will just try to get'em.

Having read some other headlines, it looks to me that the Dem's are falling apart.

Roper

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That's what I figured. Just his guns and the guns of the elites will be protected.

It's like when I read Stallone had a very difficult to come by CA carry permit and loved to raise money for the Brady Bunch. I lost the last of my hair that day.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

We can't trust what these people say. Biden is too slick, I'd have to see this interview in person to determine whether or not the guy was trying to get some swing votes. Regardless of who runs, if they try and take my guns, I'm positive they will be disappointed in the outcome.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Those like Biden think the Second Amendment is all about sport shooting and try to fool people into thinking that there are significant differences between say a hunting rifle and an "assault" rilfe.

It is with lightening speed and a deft hand that they will when the notion strikes turn that innocuous hunting rifle into a "sniper" rifle.

Barack Obama Encourages Supporters to Lie About His Gun Ban Record

www.gunbanobama.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I used to think that game they play pretending there is some difference other than aesthetic between the so-called "assault weapons" and any run of the mill semi-auto was amusing until I noticed people were falling for it. A prime example was while in CT I could not own an AK-47 but I could have as many Mini-30 as I wanted. A ban based purely on the "look" of the gun.

I posted this a long time ago on a CT local board and to my surprise people wrote me and said they had no idea the perceived danger they were told to fear was all aesthetic. I learned that I take information for granted and I alos learned that ignorance among the voting mass is frighteningly widespread.

Its a cop explaining to people that a synthetic stock, barrel shroud and bayonet lug don't imbue a rifle with magical super-killing abilities as some would like us to believe. This could be taken one of two ways: (1) Since there is no difference between any old semi-auto and an"assault rifle" all semis must be banned or (2) anti-gun people have been lying to ignorant all along trying to play off of some irrational fear that a barrel shroud somehow turns a 7.62x39mm rifle into a child honor-student specific homing death missile launcher.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It's not going to happen. No one --- Dem or Rep --- is going to attemtp to disarm us. Ther are way too many gun owners out here and the Supreme Court has already rulled decidedly in our favor. The whole gun-ban debate is something cooked-up for political reasons. It's a ploy. Clearly, both sides have equal reasons to fear an armed citizenry. So why would one side be more likely to attempt a nationwide ban? It won't happen. And they all know it.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I wish I could have your confidence but the AWB has scarred me for life. I remember the notices going out to surrender firearms to authorities within a time period or file for special registration by a deadline. I remember people being arrested and imprisoned for violating it by simply refusing to jump through newly created and wholly arbitrary hoops just to own something they've always owned and I remember when it expired my state at the time said "no" and perpetuated the ban on the state level.

A decade of federal oppression followed by state level oppression is more than enough to traumatize me. I have relatives and friends who are felons now because of Clinton and his experiment.

top topics

join