It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bombed Pakistan's Marriot hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Below are two articles which allude to eyewitness accounts of US marine activity involving the positioning of suspicous steel crates on the fifth floors of the Marriott just before the blast. Some other points have been raised which also cast doubt on official explanations:

1.The extent of the damage to the Marriott and the blast from the truck do not correspond. It has been suggsted that gas pipelines exploded on the fourth and fifth floors but nowhere else. Coincidentally the same floors that the suspicious steel crates were on.

2. The video footage released does not show the blast but everything else - why?

3. The blast occurred around the time US General McCullen was meeting Zardari. Zardari having indicated that Pakistan was not going to co-operate with US incursions into Pakistan. Zardari's confidence having increased after receiving instructions from his masters, the British government on his visit to the UK. The implications of the blast has put Zardari into fix and pressured him to renew his commitment against the 'terrorists' and by default re-engage the US in the tribal areas.

Was there a top secret and mysterious operation of the US Marines going on inside the Marriott when it was attacked on Saturday evening? No one will confirm it but circumstantial evidence is in abundance.

Witnessed by many, including a PPP MNA and his friends, a US embassy truckload of steel boxes was unloaded and shifted inside the Marriott Hotel on the same night when Admiral Mike Mullen met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and others in Islamabad.

Both the main gates (the entrance and the exit) of the hotel were closed while no one except the US Marines were either allowed to go near the truck or get the steel boxes unloaded or shift them inside the hotel. These steel boxes were not passed through the scanners installed at the entrance of the hotel lobby and were reportedly shifted to the fourth and fifth floors of the Marriott.

Besides several others, PPP MNA Mumtaz Alam Gilani and his two friends, Sajjad Chaudhry, a PPP leader, and one Bashir Nadeem, witnessed this mysterious activity to which no one other than the PPP MNA objected and protested.

A source present there told that after entertaining them with refreshments at the Nadia restaurant at midnight when Mumtaz Alam, along with his friends, was to leave the hotel, he found a white US embassy truck standing right in front of the hotel's main entrance.

Both the In-gate and the Out-gate of the hotel were closed while almost a dozen well-built US Marines in their usual fatigues were unloading the steel boxes from the truck. No one, including the hotel security men, was either allowed to go near the truck or touch the steel boxes, which were being shifted inside the hotel but without passing through the scanners.

Upon inquiry, one of the three PPP friends who was waiting for the main gates of the hotel to open to get his car in, was informed that the suspicious boxes were shifted to the fourth and fifth floors of the hotel. Mumtaz Alam was furious both at the US Marines and the hotel security not only for the delay caused to them but also for the security lapse he was witnessing.

On his protest, there was absolutely no response from the Marines and the security men he approached were found helpless. Mumtaz Alam told the hotel security official that they were going to endanger the hotel and its security. He was also heard telling his friends that he would never visit the hotel again. He also threatened to raise the issue in parliament.

One does not know whether the PPP MNA revisited the hotel after that mysterious midnight but his brother Imtiaz Alam, who is a senior journalist, was in the same hotel when the truck exploded at the main gate of the hotel. Imtiaz Alam had a lucky escape and found his way out of the hotel with great difficulty in pitch darkness.

One of the lifts he was using fell to the ground floor just after he forced the door open on the 4th floor and got out of it.

www.chowk.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

How based on the footage did that truck blow up the entire Hotel?

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) — A top Pakistani official says the country's leadership was due to dine at the luxury hotel devastated in a weekend bombing, but changed venue at the last minute.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for Pakistan's top Taliban commander said the militant leader played no role in the attack, which killed 53 people at the favorite expatriate gathering spot.

Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik did not specify why the prime minister and president decided to move the Saturday event to the premier's house but said the decision was kept secret.

Suspicion has fallen on al-Qaida or the Pakistani Taliban in the blast.

But Amir Mohammad, an aide to militant leader Baitullah Mehsud, said he was not involved and shared the nation's grief.

www.charter.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

I got a feeling that a US jet striked the truck and made the final finishing move.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What are your qualifications?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I must admit i have the same thoughts as OP on this one, i think US(the hidden hands force) did try to take out the new Pakistanian prime minister who was to attend a meeting at Harriot's but decided to dine in another place than Harriot's.

Funny how 1 week ago the Pakistanian PM said they would shoot on any US soldier who went into Pakistanian soil to try to catch talibans, and one week later he could, if he didnt have a change of heart in last minute, been killed...

Also i ask, why whould you wrap C4(wahtever he used) around your self, when you arrived in a truck filled with explosives which makes your suicide bombing looks pathetic.

1. Who owns and runs security on Harriots?
2. Who owns Harriot´s.
3. Cui bono on the insurance.
4. who would Cui bono if the Paki. PM died in this bombing.

when you got your answers on these small questions you have your "terrorists"

This is an Intel job 100%

Best regards.

Loke.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Loke.]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
I must admit i have the same thoughts as OP on this one, i think US(the hidden hands force) did try to take out the new Pakistanian prime minister who was to attend a meeting at Harriot's but decided to dine in another place than Harriot's.

Not sure I buy that. If the US takes out the new Prime Minister, that would sent Pakistan into a turmoil that could very likely result in a Muslim Extremist govt (Taliban?) taking control which is precisely the scenario the US most fears.

That said, the Marine operation involving the steel cases is curious. Could it be that, given the stance taken by Pakistan regarding US military operations across it's border, that the US was using the Marriot as a staging area for an operation against AQ and Taliba leadership and facilities in Pakistan? It's possible that Pakistan intelligence became aware of the operation and the presence of explosions/weaponry at the Marriot and decided to hit the hotel.

Again, I am puling this out of thin air but it makes sense to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Not sure I buy that. If the US takes out the new Prime Minister, that would sent Pakistan into a turmoil that could very likely result in a Muslim Extremist govt (Taliban?) taking control which is precisely the scenario the US most fears.

Firstly im sorry for getting the Hotel names Wrong, as NW states its Marriot´s.

Secondly i will ask you all how many "Presidents/Leaders" did US put in different countries around the world, when the country was in chaos.

US has and that is historical facts implemented their own men in most countries they have been attacking/"defending" latest is Iraq and then you ofcourse got Afghanistan also which in both cases are both still in chaos.

I can only say "ORDO AB CHAO"

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I speculated this as soon as it happened. I think since the new President(Prime Minister?) came into power, they're trying to scare him. So they'll allow operations inside there country. I mean is it really coincidence that these 'terrorists' attack after Clinton(93 WTC Bombing), Bush(9/11 dur), British Prime Minister, come into office. What better way to manipulate a leader than get them scared, whether it be true terrorist or some dark worldwide conspiracy by the rich.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There has been over 700 terrorist incidents this year. Why is this the one you lot focus on?

It's not the US. There's nothing for them to benefit from it, not to mention the legal impossibility of offing a leader of another country.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Im glad you posted this.
I found many irregularities with the Marriott bombing.
Taliban have suicide bombed the same hotel before, never with all these discrepancies.
Why doesn't the cctv camera show the actual explosion when its far away and wouldn't of been damaged?
It had to zoom in quite far for the initial truck explosion.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Could I please see the results of your in depth analysis of the previous TTP bombings?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Very suspicious indeed. The video of the ‘truck bomb’ just doesn’t make sense considering the official story. A small explosion in the cab which turns into a fire and spreads over the course of minutes, and then a huge explosion? And then you have a big explosion originating from the floors that the USA military was storing stuff in? Please, this has false flag written all over it.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Please quantify your statement with a brief post explaining your intelligence experience which enables you to recognise and use the term "false flag."

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
It's not the US. There's nothing for them to benefit from it, not to mention the legal impossibility of offing a leader of another country.

Lol where have you been hiding last past weeks?

US has all to gain on it, a scared Pakistan President will most likely be easier to control, which is they real issue.

3-4 days ago Pakistan shot down an UAW drone thingie and Pakistan swore that they will retaliate against any one crossing their borders, a direct note coined at US.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Bollocks. Pakistan has never listened to the US and never will.

Perhaps you would like to make a comment about the legalities of it too?

top topics

join