It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Stop the Greatest Theft in the History of Humankind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
We need Ron Paul now instead of Obama and McCain. The government is stealing from the poor to pay the rich. Where is our Robinhood when we need him. Lets stop the super elite from taking our money and putting us in these situations. Come on people speak up for god's sake.

www.alternet.org...

[edit on 23-9-2008 by eric52081]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ron Paul warned you Liberals and you So-called conservatives that the WARFARE WELFARE STATE was un-maintainable, but you ignored his message. Now he is out of the picture, it is up to you to do something about it, call your congressman tell him/her to stop this bail-out!!

By which I mean that once in your life call to your congressman. Under normal circumstances, I'd be the first one to say that calling any government official about changing policy is a waste of time because they just don't care what you think.

I think this is different. The establishment is in a state of chaos and the rats are already jumping off the sinking ship of the bailout. It's fun to watch in a sick way. (A digression. The political class is now experiencing what the libertarian movement has for forty years—their cohesiveness is being weakened by the pursuit of multifarious personal agendas.) The Dems now realize that this bailout might be a tad unpopular so the Republicans are currently trying to buy them off by actually increasing the scope of the bailout. Ironically, that makes the deal even bigger and more expensive and more revolutionary in its implications.

Long story short--this kleptocratic bailout, this bailout of the billionaires, is so unprecedented, so outrageous, so stupid, so evil, and so audacious, that we might just be able to stop it. If we act soon and together. The odd phone call makes no difference. Millions of phone calls or better yet, visits to your congressman's office, could make a difference, just this once. I call it High Noon Thursday. Again, you hear a lot about how this needs to be rushed through. They are in a rush because they know that if people actually realized what they are proposing, the bailout would be defeated.

Source:blog.freeny.org...

SAVE THE PURCHASING POWER OF THE MONEY YOU HAVE TODAY!!!!!!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Why does the American public have to be so much like sheep. Are there any wolves out there ready to strike. Get out of the American sheepish ways and start standing up for yourselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Even Ron Paul can't stop the landslide now. Here's a good bit of information on just how far in debt we are.

NATIONAL DEBT: $ 7,937,463,000,000.00

If you had gone into business on the day Jesus was born, and your business lost a million dollars a day, day in and day out, 365 days a year, it would have taken you until October 2737 to lose a trillion dollars.

Source

I like Ron but he's done nothing but talk and talking won't fix the problem. I feel McCain & Obama have no clue to how to fix it either. Let's hope something gets done.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This should be the hottest topic on anyones mine at this moment. The government is about to rob you blind and yet you stand there and look the other way. What is wrong with people now days? It is not time to give up yet there is still time to take this country back and go back to the values and principals it was founded on.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I like Ron but he's done nothing but talk and talking won't fix the problem.

Uh... He tried to run for president...but the media blacked him out. What else can he do but talk? He has voted against many bad things. Does THAT count above and beyond "talking?" He has proposed solutions and supported them where he could. Does that count?

I feel McCain & Obama have no clue to how to fix it either. Let's hope something gets done.

McCain is in the pocket, and Obama is likely being wooed into the pocket (I think he has one foot there already) of the Corporofascists. In fact, the two parties are the opposite sides of the two-headed counterfeit coin thrust into our hand by a corrupt media, the only purchase of which is NWO.

Hoping something gets done gets nothing done. Speak out, make your voice heard. Educate all you can. Vote for Barr (I wish Paul was running!).

Choosing to vote for the "lesser of two evils" is only a choice for voting for evil.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Even Ron Paul can't stop the landslide now. Here's a good bit of information on just how far in debt we are.

NATIONAL DEBT: $ 7,937,463,000,000.00

If you had gone into business on the day Jesus was born, and your business lost a million dollars a day, day in and day out, 365 days a year, it would have taken you until October 2737 to lose a trillion dollars.

Source

I like Ron but he's done nothing but talk and talking won't fix the problem. I feel McCain & Obama have no clue to how to fix it either. Let's hope something gets done.

Let's face it, some of the greatest financial minds in the country have no idea how to resolve this mess, at least not quickly and certainly not painlessly.

I have mixed feelings about the bailout. Having taken some financial classes in college, I understand a small bit why the bailouts are needed - basically to keep the larger companies afloat whose demise would do great damage to the Global economy, not to mention the U.S. economy.

What really pisses me off are these CEOs and execs who are being awarded MILLIONS in bonuses as part of the bailouts. There's absolutely NO REASON for that, as those people are part of the reason why their companies are going under in the first place. IMO, if the government bails out a company and if a bonus even needs to be paid out to their execs, no one executive should be paid any more than the President of the U.S. which is $400,000 per year. This crap about getting millions in bonuses is utter BS.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The problem is the voters who are willing to continue to take it up the you know what. You have two candidates running for office. Candidate A is like Ron Paul and belongs to neither party. Candidate B is an incumbent Rep or Dem. Of course, Candidate B has more money to run his campaign. Who will the voters choose? Candidate B hands down. Candidate B has already proven he or she can deliver pork to their state and is already established in Washington. Until we start electing more people like Ron Paul into Congress, I seriously doubt we will see answers to the problems we face. No President regardless of party will ever be able to correct our country's path with Congress as we know it today.
I am a firm believer that the biggest reason for this theft is not deregulation. It is just the simple fact that their was no oversight. And the oversight there was was simply overlooked or ignored. Being Honest there is no way I could blame one party. They are all to blame.

As far as stopping it, I don't see how we can. All I hope is that as they do this bailout, they lean the terms of the bailout to the countless numbers of Americans who are affected by these companies mismanagement.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
The problem is the voters who are willing to continue to take it up the you know what. You have two candidates running for office. Candidate A is like Ron Paul and belongs to neither party. Candidate B is an incumbent Rep or Dem. Of course, Candidate B has more money to run his campaign. Who will the voters choose? Candidate B hands down. Candidate B has already proven he or she can deliver pork to their state and is already established in Washington.

Well, Paul has proven himself in Congress just like both Redemopublicratans. AND he raised the largest amount ever in one day over the Internet. Sadly, too many people don't go to the Internet for their news (FAUX News even lies about what is on the Internet, telling its viewers NOT to look for news there!). So a great number of sleeple didn't even know he was a viable option. The MSM pumps up the two-headed coin, pretending there are no other options.

Until we start electing more people like Ron Paul into Congress, I seriously doubt we will see answers to the problems we face. No President regardless of party will ever be able to correct our country's path with Congress as we know it today.

With Diebold and others "helping," chances are we could ALL vote for someone like Paul and discover McCain in office... The elections are now just so much more in media bread'n'circuses - sans the bread.

I am a firm believer that the biggest reason for this theft is not deregulation. It is just the simple fact that their was no oversight. And the oversight there was was simply overlooked or ignored. Being Honest there is no way I could blame one party. They are all to blame.

Who? The Redemopulicratans? Yup. I think you're right.

As far as stopping it, I don't see how we can. All I hope is that as they do this bailout, they lean the terms of the bailout to the countless numbers of Americans who are affected by these companies mismanagement.

This "bailout" is more efforts to put the government beyond the reach of the People. And it will do nothing to help. It will increase the national debt, and sooner or later (more likely sooner - as in within the next month!) there will not be enough taxes to cover the INTEREST on these loans.

And the thing you think you're forestalling will tumble all the harder into smaller rubble.

top topics

join