It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sends Warships To The Caribbean

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm not worried the Russians are simply sending a message to GWB's handlers,if you try to expand the "empire" we will start hanging around Latin American and the Caribeanean.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The Russians have a right to sail where they want and conduct exercises where they want, just like we do. The USN goes around the world conducting exercises with just about every friendly country that has a navy.

Sure, there is some political posturing involved - there usually is.

No big deal, IMO, and certainly no significant military threat.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well at least Chavez's Military are being taught right. After all, this military knows how to lie and fight like a politician. LOL. Our military, well we can teach them how to help people.

Sorry for ditching our Inlisted men and women, but since our politicians are sissy, we get a military that has to act like sissies. I"m really sorry.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
Maybe the Web bot is right. I am seriously nervous about this.

Web bot? You have piqued my interest. Please explain what you're referring to.

As to the OP, my reaction is "so what?" It seems like a handfull of nations right now are trying to determine our breaking point and provoke us into action for some reason. Iran is looking for an excuse to close the strait of Hormuz and Russia is looking for an excuse to start making land grabs again. I'm not going to start really worrying unless we see China amssing troops along their borders. As they haven't started doing this yet (and I believe they have inside connections with ALL parties that keep them abreast of plans) anything Russia or America, for that matter, is seen doing is all just chest thumping and "Oh no you din't!" nonsense.

Manson: "another yankee redneck"
FYI, that's an oxymoron, dude. FYI #2: Please leave the rednecks out of this. No redneck would have the login name "SPOOKYSINNER666," we don't think that way.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
I'm not worried the Russians are simply sending a message to GWB's handlers,if you try to expand the "empire" we will start hanging around Latin American and the Caribeanean.

If by "Empire" you mean America, then they are already all over "down there". Central America has been a total nightmare of satanic bloodlettings and secret death squads for the better part of this century.

The military tools of today are owned by GANGSTERS, don't you get it? When crime becomes the defacto modality, criminals infiltrate militaries and then have the weapons commensurate with that. That's why Putin says he'll respond to smart weapons with tactical nukes --because gangsters are always after the tech but Russia's gang knows it's outgunned electronically.

Ever remember the tommy gun? It was invented and funded by the military, but gangsters made the biggest bang with it. Any of you who are thinking that you military is not enmeshed with the drug trade and the laundering of money from it, are fools.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Lets just hope that no 'False Flag' accidents happen while the Ruskies are doing their exercise. That would not be good. Hopefully its as others have said, just and exercise and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
The Russians have a right to sail where they want and conduct exercises where they want, just like we do. The USN goes around the world conducting exercises with just about every friendly country that has a navy.

It's curious who Putin is partnering with:

Iran?

Venezuela?

It shows more how economically isolated Russia is. It's desperate to find trade partners and stay afloat. It's all about money. But what product does Russia have to offer the world? Nobody wants "made in russia." (Saddam is out of business.) The only product they have are weapons. And what trade partner of the US is going to buy Russian made weapons when they can buy US-made? And to drum up business, what better way than for Putin to advertise his weaponry in foreign lands. Unfortunately it's a short-sighted strategy. But Putin's mind isn't exactly wired for the 21st century. Dumb, dumb.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Dumbest thing ive read in a while. So the Russians can have nukes rain down on them as well? Yeah makes a lot of sense to me.

Originally posted by abovethegod
Go Russia go!

Let Americans feel: "It is raining nukes here!"

:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elderban

They're working on getting an entire fleet there.

Well then they better start building a fleet.....The Russians don't have a very large Navy considering their size.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111
It shows more how economically isolated Russia is. It's desperate to find trade partners and stay afloat.

You are joking right? You think Russia is doing business with Iran and Venezuela to stay afloat economically? Take a look at Russia's import/export data. Iran and Venezuela aren't even in the top 10 list of Russia's trading partners. Russia's main economic partners were, are, and will be primarily Europe and East/South East Asia.

www.cia.gov...

Believe me - as long as Russia has oil, natural gas, and other natural resources that are in high demand around the world, it will not be economically isolated. U.S. has never done much business with Russia - so its current crappy attitude doesn't mean squat for Russia. Europe continues to to business with Russia as it always has. Europe already made it clear that it does not wish to worsen relations with Russia.

So what exactly makes Russia "isolated" or "desperate"?

But what product does Russia have to offer the world? Nobody wants "made in russia."

So nobody wants oil, natural gas, industrial chemical, timber, aluminum, titanium, clean water, agricultural food products, and cheap industrial machinery?

Much of Europe, India, China, and Central Asia choose to disagree. But hey - if you don't want it I am sure Russia will be distraught.

The only product they have are weapons.

In no way is it the only product. And the quickly expanding market and export for new Russian military/defense equipment demonstrates that these are in large demand.

And what trade partner of the US is going to buy Russian made weapons when they can buy US-made?

1. The U.S. doesn't offer newest military equipment to much of the world.

2. Not the entire world is a U.S. trading and military partner.

3. The U.S. military equipment exceeds the Russian in cost by a very wide margin, while it's higher effectiveness and reliability are disputed. In arms sales it comes down to cost vs. benefit. Plus U.S. weapon sales usually come with governmental contracts which may not always be beneficial to the buyer.

And to drum up business, what better way than for Putin to advertise his weaponry in foreign lands.

Russian military equipment (just like U.S.) is advertised, show-cased, and demonstrated on all major arms shows and conventions around the world. That's where the trading takes place.

Unfortunately it's a short-sighted strategy. But Putin's mind isn't exactly wired for the 21st century. Dumb, dumb.

And as you have just shown - you are keeping up with the times and reality very well.

Putin knows what he is doing - as evidenced by the quickly growing Russian economy.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by maloy]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I see that many of us are ego involved with ideas of nationality. That's o.k. I cannot/do not blame you. You are entitled to do so.

The only way to peaceful accord, from MY perspective, is for us to stop.

You, me. Us, them. We, the common people of the world being "led" by others!

My power, your power, being used against each other!

WHY?

As long as we play this insane game of who is "right" and who is "wrong," you and I will be told how glorious it is to kill each other for THEIR sake!

I don't want you dead for the sake of those who lust to rule me!

I hope that you come to feel the same way, my friend!

I know that so much in this world that I perceive has been designed by others to lead me to hate you.

I refuse to hate you.

I refuse to hate.

I will not give up my power.

My power is to love you. My power is to love Russian peoples. My power is to love American peoples. My power is to love Georgian peoples. My power is to love Iranian peoples. My power is to love Iranian peoples.

I refuse to allow anybody to teach me to hate any of you.

I will not be driven to kill any of you. I will not even pretend that it is possible to kill you.

You are wonderful, my friend.

Jon Paine

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

It's curious who Putin is partnering with:

Iran?

Venezuela?

It shows more how economically isolated Russia is. It's desperate to find trade partners and stay afloat. It's all about money. But what product does Russia have to offer the world? Nobody wants "made in russia." (Saddam is out of business.) The only product they have are weapons. And what trade partner of the US is going to buy Russian made weapons when they can buy US-made? And to drum up business, what better way than for Putin to advertise his weaponry in foreign lands. Unfortunately it's a short-sighted strategy. But Putin's mind isn't exactly wired for the 21st century. Dumb, dumb.

It's a mistake to underestimate. Russia has oil, and the ability to restrict the flow of oil/natural gas to Europe.

But this is besides the point.

The West has been directed by their "leaders" to believe that Iran is a threat to middle east stability because of it's nuclear developement.

The East ha been directed by their "leaders" to believe that Iran, with all it's oil reserves, is energy poor because it cannot refine it's natural resources, and seeks very low grade refined uranium to drive it's nuclear reactors to produce energy for the good of the nation which endures routine "blackouts" because of it's current predicament.

Americans like myself do not realize that IRAN is closer to Russia than the island paradise of COZUMEL is to America.

OH! And Israel will attack!

OH! And America will join in!

OH! And Russia will join in!

Unless! Unless you and I refuse to hate each other!

OH! How much power would you and I have if we refused to join in and hate each-other as we are being programmed to do!

Are you looking for "Good" & "Evil"?

Are you still eating from the tree of the "knowledge" of such a thing?

If so, then you will surely "die."

You will hate.

You will suffer.

I will be free, because I will love you, even as you kill me.

What man could be more powerful than a man who knows this truth?

Why argue about who is "correct?"

The begginning of wisdom is to ask the question: "Who Profits?"

If the answer is not "Me." Then keep asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon Paine

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So I guess Stephen Qualye isn't full of junk. He called this three weeks ago on c2c.

Apparently his sources are good. They don't care about Chavez. They care about position. And this is a tit for tat to the missile shield.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Mutual assured destruction is just that. What I don't completely get is why they have there collective shorts in a bunch over the missile shield thing.

Well, I do, and I don't.

That must be one tricked out system is all I can say.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
A Russian Military Tug is part of the Russian battle group...

Now why would you have a tow truck following around your "State of the art" military equipment?

Having served in the US Navy I can tell you with 100% assurance, the Russian Naval fleet is a complete joke compared to the US Naval fleet

Russia's "TOP OF THE LINE" Petered out the Grape:

VS some of the "OLD CRAP" the US Naval fleet currently has floating around...

I didn't want to leave out the US Army and their old rust buckets...:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

Its just stupid people acting stupidly...ignore them - the people that really control the planet will take care of us.

(Look to your inner self. Sound mystical...life is stranger than we think. Only you can affect change around us...russia, etc. is just a distraction and an illusion to create fear.)

This saying may be hard to accept for minds that are used to taking life so seriously...but it is as it is.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban

This warship, "Peter the Great", is armed with 20 nuclear cruise missiles and up to 500 surface-to-air missiles. And this is only the first ship they are sending. They're working on getting an entire fleet there.

I think Chavez is trying to provoke WWIII.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

How is Chaves provoking WW??? which country did Chaves invade, what a load of crap (propaganda).

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

So, you are saying that this action doesn't cost anything? Sorry, I don't buy that for a second. The cost of this exercise is far outside the normal. Unless the ship is for sale and who in South America could afford such a thing?

So, you are saying that a world power sends their large ships half way around the globe for regular training? No, I don't buy that either. A military exercise like this has a purpose just like the ones we have initiated, they had a purpose.

So, you want me to think that this is all "normal" or "standard" operations? I don't think that is very logical either. Let’s see, when was the last time another super power conducted “exercises” like this so close to our Southeast coast, was it last year, year before that, no wait, maybe 10 years ago, 20, 30, 40. I just can’t remember when that was, anybody? Ok, and what is the range of the missiles onboard and what active warheads do they have onboard?

So, you are saying that there isn't anything here that is out of the ordinary or should seem strange? Sorry, I don't think you made any headway with your retorts and I am not convinced. This should be a major concern to everyone in the USA, not a panic, but a concern.

What is the back story here?

I still smell something wrong. Our country is in a multitude of crisis, …ripe. Our forces are focused elsewhere,… the fruit is hanging low. Our entire banking economy is real-estate based, mix that in with the global greed along with our own internal greed, it has us hanging directly over the basket.

Pay attention, kids, it can all go south in an instant without much of an effort. Any military action against us would be catastrophic, even if that action was an accident or a misunderstanding, regardless of the outcome of that skirmish we could very well find ourselves in the “basket”.

And while I am not one to subscribe to fear mongering, I am vigilant when faced with a real threat and the potential is here, now. But maybe I am over re-acting, after all, Russia hasn't conducted any questionable military actions lately, right?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It doesn't take much for one 'accidental' nuke off to culminate into a full nuclear exchange.

That is my worry.

And if I don't stop dreaming about dead relatives soon I am going to go insane.

[edit on 9/24/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
WWIII has been lingering on the future since the Cold War, it certainly hasn't erupted however Bush did warn Putin that a nuclear Iran means WWIII for the world. Personally, I think Bush is an idiot, and everything he touches goes Bankrupt. That's aside the point.

We have Russia who is fingering the US as the cause of the Georgian conflict via a proxy war. Russia who said they will nuke Poland if they sign a Nuclear Missile Defense treaty with the US and start housing anti-missile technology. The treaty is now signed, so certainly Russia has a few nukes pointed at Poland as we speak.

The Russian bomber flights to Venezuala are also in response to US Fourth Fleet being there already. This is all political saber rattling today, but what is a festering building pimple on the cheek of America, could be a yucky blob in the eye of Russia.

Russia just wants to get in on the action, they are deffinately playing against the interests of the US providing arms and missile defenses to Iran, Syria and Venezuela.

I think the cold war is back on, and there are stupid people like Dickhead Cheney and Dumbass Bush with months of power left at their warmongering finger tips. We might just get a world war out of this after all.

No one wins of course, but that's what mutually assured destruction gets you these days.

Just think, tomorrow we could wake up to vaporized cities, it certainly is not a fantasy, we live in a world full of nukes, some are bound to go off eventually.

Personally, I think North Korea wants back in the game, keep an eye on that little pimple eager to pop on the world stage.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join