It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sends Warships To The Caribbean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Another good point Vance..Its all for show. They are testing their new toys again, They did it In Georgia..Understandilbly there were small incursions and lives were lost, reports had the Russians rolling through Georgia with new APC's and other various pieces of light armor..I am a former military man so as powerful as we are I never underestimate my enemy and I do respect the enemies we fight. I think Russia is like a old muscle car, its old and beat up looking on the outside but once you clean it up and tune the engine, Its ready to roll again.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
NATO has ships in the Black sea which Russia still considers home waters. The USA has subs in the Barents Sea and this is a known secret.

Russian ships in the Caribbean, yawn, yeah so.... It's just military chess.

Russia found a couple of ships they own that can cross the Atlantic and maybe make it back to home port before they break down. Big deal.

The only "news" here is no news.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
Wonder how God feels about it? I am sure he IS worried, aswell as 7 billion people.

God's not worried, he's shaking His head that the billions of people on Earth are such dumb hypocrites.

The Peter the Great is a pretty fearsome ship, but no less than the ones we've got over next to Russia called Dallas, McFaul, Mt Whitney (C4 flagship of the sixth fleet), and who knows what's under the water, eh?

...Oh, speaking of being under the water, a little angelic bird told me that really, the largest most secretive and forbidden-to-discuss duty of sub drivers these days is to drive drugs in submarines, and surface in certain world ports so that the paid-for-whores i.e. "leaders of that country" can get their cut.

Well God knows, and he knows that Chavez and Bush are buddies in the real world of drugs. God wonders why all his humans prefer to walk on all fours and embrace the mantra, "Baaaa"

Do you really want to know how many cokeheads run this planet?

[edit on 23-9-2008 by smallpeeps]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by elderban

It carries 20 SS-N-19 anti-ship missiles and those missiles can potentially carry nuclear warhead. The Pyotr Velikiy has less then 100 long range SAMs, the rest are short range (point defense) systems.

Just like the deployment of two Russian bombers (Tu-160s) to Venezuela this is nothing more than a largely symbolic/political port call. Thinking about any sort of conflict or military potential at this point is, simply put, absurd. Let Hugo beat his drums like the fool that he is, but don't bite into the hype.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23Thinking about any sort of conflict or military potential at this point is, simply put, absurd.

Almost as absurd as assuming the War on Drugs is real, eh Westy?

Almost as absurd as having prisons full of weed and coke offenders while Bush's kid was a drug using child yet still gets to be president, eh?

Do you ever have any function other than to tell us what we are already being told? You seem to be one of the least conspiracy minded people on this site. Do you deny it?

I find it irritating and actually vomit-inducing that people like you try to sell the cover story while your masters have been all over south and central america, for decades, planning and killing and hiding the truth about the US Drug War. You got anything to say about that?

You need reality boot camp. DIS-MISSED!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Some don't realize how close we actually were to WWIII when Kennedy was President.

There's a documentary out there somewhere that details the work of a KBG double agent during those times and how close we were to WWIII, but I can't seem to find it.

If I do find it, I'll post it.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

Discuss the topic or take your misguided ramblings elsewhere; I'm not interested. With respect to this deployment, there is no chance of any sort of conflict occurring over it, at the present time. Whatever spin you want to put on it the fact remains it's nothing more then a gesture.

This is not comparable to the Cuban Missile crisis. There are a whole range of key factors which are missing at the present time. Even this new geo-political/military situation currently developing between the West and Russia is not a revival of the Cold War. It's reminiscent of the Cold War, but hardly a renewal.

And I am familiar with the case involving a Soviet KGB Colonel who was providing the US with intelligence during the Cuban Missile crisis. I am also familiar with situation involving Soviet attack submarine Captains who were very close to launching nuclear tipped torpedoes at the US naval group conducing the blockade.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Discuss the topic or take your misguided ramblings elsewhere; I'm not interested.

I KNOW you aren't interested in conspiracy discussion, which is why I wonder what your purpose is here.

I am discussing conspiracy concepts which you are fully impotent to even engage with:

1: There is a fraudulent drug war perpetuated by the US powers (that means anyone in the military is either aware or a stupid tool) and which involves Chavez and his neighbors. I believe both Chavez AND Dubya are coke heads. I believe they think you are stupid, because your world doesn't even ever consider that issue, that is to say "DRUGS".

2: US military forces are involved secretly in the drug trade with all nations, perhaps even using US vessels either registered or not. --I won't rehash the idea of US corpses in Vietnam with heroin stuffed into their ribcages for shipment back to the US. All that has been covered before.

I am sure you will respond with some kind of statement that these stories are designed to "Weaken America" or whatever. but my larger question is what you are even doing here, since none of your posts really have any conspiratirial merit whatsoever.

Please feel free to correct me, as I am eager for this conversation.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

Thank you for informing me that I an not welcomed here as a member unless I accept conspiracy views for the sake of having a conspiracy angle; when in my opinion there are none. My purpose here is to try and inform people on realty and not fantasy. You're welcomed to disagree and attempt to prove me wrong. However don't question my membership or reason for being here. If I did not find the site compelling and worthwhile I would not have been a continuos member for 4+ years.

This is the last off-topic reply I'll make, so don't bother distracting the thread with personal axes you may still have left to grind.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
This is the last off-topic reply I'll make, so don't bother distracting the thread with personal axes you may still have left to grind.

No axe to grind, really I usually don't even notice you. But its no surprise how you have responded. I just wanted to call you out similar to a person adjusting a skipping phonograph record.

Anyway, all this discussion using the same old "Patriot" template, is just more gouging out of the eyes of Americans. Keep up the good work, whatever that is in your mind! But don't believe the cover story. In fact, I think that's a good mantra for this whole thread.

I'd say people should research the truth about Castro and who in the US (Read: Nixon) might have been secretly using Castro as a counter-point against which to operate. Fidel got his own little kingdom and all he had to do was WHAT HE WAS TOLD.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
2: US military forces are involved secretly in the drug trade with all nations, perhaps even using US vessels either registered or not. --I won't rehash the idea of US corpses in Vietnam with heroin stuffed into their ribcages for shipment back to the US. All that has been covered before.

I'd really be interested if you were to post your findings in dedicated thread on this subject as it's way off in regards to this thread.

I have had direct experience with U.S forces using stimulants/amphetamines in the gulf,but this is the first I've heard about a theory involving direct military involvement in 'shipping' drugs.CIA yeah..

On Topic,this chest beating and macho crap is really disturbing.
It's like playground bully shennanigans..not the behaviour of world leaders.

I don't know of ANY reason why a fortune in energy is expended to run these 'exercises' on opposite sides of the world.. other than deliberate confrontation and intimidation.

It's about time the human race grew the hell up.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am just amazed they have anything left that still floats! Not verry impressed by this one ship thing and maybe a nuke boat. No carrier groups

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
People are making an awful lot of commotion over nothing.

Yes Russia decided to send a few ships to the Carribean for an exercise. That's it. There is no conspiracy here, no WWIII threats, and no world-domination plans.

Venezuela has every right to invite the Russian navy, and the Russian navy has every right to participate in such exercise. This minor show doesn't even begin to compare with the military assets U.S. has placed around the world and the world's oceans. This is why even U.S. media aren't making a huge deal of this - it would utterly hyporcitical of them.

And this is not the first recent Russian navy exercise/show-of-force. Less than a year ago the Russian carrier group toured the Medditerranian Sea. Just like now, there were mindless hordes in ATS who tried to make a huge fuss about it. Did we see a WWIII? Did we see nukes flying overhead? Did we see Russia launch an invasion of Europe?

As for those saying "I am surprised Russian ships can stay afloat for this long or make it across the Atlantic" - why do you think Russia is doing this? For the exact reason to solve the above problem. This exercise will be a major test of equipment and of the crews, and would help pave the way for the modernization of the Russian navy. Realistic experience is the best way to achieve this.

This is not the first and not the last time the Russian navy part-takes in such exercises. These exercises conform to international maritime laws, and do not pose a threat to anyone. They do however show that Russia is trying to modernize its fleet, and would likely start making further investments into developing the navy.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by abovethegod

Yeah, rain nuclear hellfire upon the earth, good riddance humanity. Were all f****** retarded anyway, who gives a hoot if our beautiful planet gets turned into glass.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
I'd really be interested if you were to post your findings in dedicated thread on this subject as it's way off in regards to this thread.

I have had direct experience with U.S forces using stimulants/amphetamines in the gulf,but this is the first I've heard about a theory involving direct military involvement in 'shipping' drugs.CIA yeah..

I am concerned about humans, so okay, I have pasted a quote to my TinWiki user:talk page for you to read, and have copied it here.

And as for the validity of this post, it is ABSOLUTELY on topic because WAR and DRUGS always go hand in hand, and though others may try to hide the truth from you, their voices will dim in the next few months/years.

Soon, everyone on Earth will know much more about drugs and who, exactly, has been secretly profitting from them.

Of that I am sure. The masks are coming off.

cia-ig-heroin-complicity.html

1972 CIA Inspector General Report Confirms Heroin Complicity

Excerpt of comments by:

Alfred W. McCoy, professor of Southeast Asian history at the University of Wisconsin; author of "The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade" (Lawrence Hill, 1991) and "The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia" (1971).

At "Drugs, Impunity and the CIA" A seminar sponsored by the Center for International Policy's Intelligence Reform Project Dirksen Senate Office Building, November 26, 1996

Heroin Production

The CIA's policy of tolerance towards its Laotian allies did not change even when they began producing heroin to supply U.S. combat forces fighting in South Vietnam.

In 1968-69, CIA assets opened a cluster of heroin laboratories in the Golden Triangle, the tri-border area where Burma, Thailand, and Laos converge. When Hmong officers loaded opium on the CIA's Air America and the Lao Army's commander opened a heroin laboratory to supply U.S. troops in Vietnam, the Agency was silent. In a secret internal report compiled in 1972, the CIA's inspector-general said the following to explain their inaction:

"The past involvement of many of these officers in drugs is well known, yet their goodwill. . . considerably facilitates the military activities of Agency-supported irregulars. "

All this heroin was smuggled into South Vietnam where, by 1971, according to a White House survey, 34 percent of U.S. troops were addicted.

Instead of trying to restrain drug trafficking by its Laotian assets, the Agency engaged in concealment and cover-up. Professor McCoy recalled that when he went to Laos to investigate in 1971, the Lao army commander graciously opened his opium accounts but the U.S. mission stonewalled. In a Hmong village, where he was investigating opium shipments on Air America, CIA mercenaries ambushed his research team. A CIA operative threatened to murder his Lao interpreter unless he quit.

Of course NONE of this has anything to do with our coke-head president and his buddies and their stage-play, does it?

Make no mistake: I am concerned about Putin's moves here because I think Bush and his chums are screwing with the Global Criminal Elite and that is one thing Americans do not want.

The best reason to handcuff Bush and his friends is because they are pissing off the other gangsters in the world. Perhaps Chavez is playing along with Bush as he has surely been paid to do, or perhaps he is going to betray him and make some other move. I am not sure, but I am sure the cover story is false, as history shows us (decades later, and bit by bit, of course)

No gangster wants to end the world, ande the true nutcases usually get whacked by the upper, wiser, "made" men --but in the case of BushCo, they are in a unique, uncontrolled position to begin gang-war on Earth (what do you think "total collapse of the global financial system" MEANS anyway?) ...In a gang war, nobody's happy. That's why the best gangsters of the old days, were happy to have their church-created moralistically supported black markets in drugs and sex and to keep the regular folks asleep. ...Now, the veil is quickly dropping and everything's gonna get thrown into the light.

Anyway, I may as well post some of Christopher Story's latest information. He's the ultimate conspiracy nut, but lately his site seems far more true than anything else I am reading.

worldreports.org

The DVD has arranged for a fleet of submarines to be refurbished and ‘rented out’ to ‘Black’ associates for international drug-running and nuclear proliferation purposes.

It is reported to us that in 2005, a British frigate intercepted one of these DVD vessels, which was found to be conveying between three and four tonnes of Colombian pure. Its skipper was from the Dominican Republic, as were members of the crew. [Note: there is some question concerning the detail of this, but the outline is presented here for completeness].

• 21st September 2008: The Fox News ticker tape [1:30am-2:30am] stated: 'The US Coastguard has intercepted an [unspecified] vessel carrying [an estimated] 7 tons of coc aine. US Navy aircraft had spotted a 60-ft vessel 200 miles off the [East] Coast... Coastguard sank vessel after determining that it was too unstable' [!]. The ticker tape report elaborated that this took place quote 'four days after apprehension of a 'home-made submarine'', referencing a quite separate incident involving the transportation of drugs but which involved the use of a submarine.

One of George H. W. Bush Sr.’s drug-trafficking allies has been President Chavez of Venezuela, whose geopolitical stance for gullible international public consumption, is anti-American and neo-Communist. But in reality, this is a cover, as Chavez is an ‘asset’ of George Bush Sr., engaged inter alia in drug-running for and in collaboration with the Bush networks and DVD, Dachau. Venezuelan drug shipments have been traced via the Dominican Republic into South Africa, where President Mbeke is reported to take his cut, before the shipments are forwarded to the corrupt oil state of Equatorial Guinea, for onward shipment into Europe and Britain.

One or more of the DVD’s submarines that are being used to transport drugs shipments was/were used by French ‘Black’ intelligence (collaborating, in the tradition of Vichy, with the DVD) in 2003 to convey weapons-grade plutonium to Iran.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
I am just amazed they have anything left that still floats!

All of Russian navy is composed of rusting tin cans as far as you should be concerned.

Not verry impressed by this one ship thing and maybe a nuke boat.

Ever think that maybe the point of this exercise wasn't to impress you?

No carrier groups

Why would Russia need a carrier group? So it can invade and stage air strikes against sovereign nations half a world away? I think U.S. is getting the job done pretty well.

Russia doesn't need a carrier group. It would be unreasonably expensive to operate and would not serve any purpose that couldn't be served by other means. The cost far exceeds the benefit.

Russia is far better-off investing in building new submarines and missile cruisers, which is exactly what it is doing.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Ok kids, this is one of those stories you should keep track of, don't let this slip by you.
Whenever the greater military powers move their ships around, it isn't for gips and giggles. It is a very large financial cost to move these bad boys across the ocean, and they don't do it for exercise. There is a military reason.
If it is one thing I know, it's carnage and this smells like carnage.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaganthorn
Whenever the greater military powers move their ships around, it isn't for gips and giggles.

So you are saying that whenever U.S. carrier fleets leave port, a war somewhere is guaranteed to erupt? Unlike U.S. Russia doesn't have a large current military engagement where it can train and utilize its military at the same time. Russian navy's actions are primarily for exercise and testing.

Russia's main goal is not to start any military action in the Carribean. It is to test the operating effectiveness of its equipment and crews, in order to better plan for the modernization of the Russian navy which is currently under way.

It is a very large financial cost to move these bad boys across the ocean, and they don't do it for exercise.

Pyotr Velikiy is a nuclear-propulsion battle cruiser, which is not terribly expensive to operate. Nor is this a large fleet - nothing compared to U.S. carrier groups.

There is a military reason.

Yeah - it's called training and testing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join