It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sends Warships To The Caribbean

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Russia Sends Warships To The Caribbean

www.timesonline.co.uk

Russia flexed its muscles in America’s backyard yesterday as it sent one of its largest warships to join military exercises in the Caribbean. The nuclear-powered flagship Peter the Great set off for Venezuela with the submarine destroyer Admiral Chabanenko and two support vessels in the first Russian naval mission in Latin America since the end of the Cold War.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mailonsunday.co.uk
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Russia to base nuclear warship and anti-submarine aircraft in Venezuela

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This warship, "Peter the Great", is armed with 20 nuclear cruise missiles and up to 500 surface-to-air missiles. And this is only the first ship they are sending. They're working on getting an entire fleet there.

I think Chavez is trying to provoke WWIII.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
We have been here and done this. Over 40 yrs ago. I wonder if this time Russia will really blink or if it is going to end up a differently this time. I have a feeling Russia will not back down this time. I think this will end badly.

We have set a precedent that says we wont allow a communist country to put nuclear weapons or a permanent base in our proverbial backyard.

Maybe the Web bot is right. I am seriously nervous about this.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I am seriously nervous about this.

Wonder how God feels about it? I am sure he IS worried, aswell as 7 billion people.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think that it is just "answer" to NATO ships in black sea. Russia is doing its best to show that it is already back as second superpower and thus the show of force. Nobody is going to WW3 over current situation.
As for whole fleet - first time i hear about it. Probably it is just to show that very inconsiderate US diplomat remark that was about "all the ships that can reach the area were sent" was wrong. They will not send the whole fleet, it is in not in the best shape, but they will send several another vessels to prove the point.
Russia is going to stir things up in Venezuela and probably Cuba but it is just showing off. No nukes will be used, not even close. I assume that it is new age cold war. Could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well i think they are testing the swimming pool with there toes before jumping in head first so to speak, after all they are sending one ship and a couple of jets to Venezuela..... Where is Manson_322?

[edit on 23-9-2008 by 38181]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPOOKYSINNER666
Russia is just trying to flex its muscle but do you honestly think we are going to back down from a bunch of Russkie Losers let the missles fly America will rise as the victor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obviously written by an american who thinks more about themselves than the rest of the world as a whole. So spooky, what do you think about all your fellow Americans that would die?
Feel anything? , think thats a victory do you if half your country is irradiated and lifeless?
I'm sure that future generations of americans will (those who parents survived in the areas not nuked ) be most appreciative of live in general and NOT rush into making rash choices based on the media propaganda spewed by the US government to make the average american think that Russia was the agressor.

What can't we or actually you as an American just say enough is enough, no more war , we just want to live in peace?.

[snip]

[edit on 23/9/08 by DataWraith]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It is nothing. They will send ships, we will monitor ships. They will go away and send more planes. We will monitor planes, they will go away. I spent 28 of my years watching this "cat and mouse" game. Nothing to it.

And spooky, what an embarrassment sigh. I hope you are too young to cast a vote in the elections and that is why you would even post such moronic drivel - too young to know better.

[edit on 9-23-2008 by vance]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SPOOKYSINNER666

I am a pro American Patriot as well, just not a lunatic member of that club.
Read some history on the cold war and then maybe you will understand why we never "let the missiles fly". I can't believe I am typing this. What are our teachers teaching these days????

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
good to know that Russia is showing USA , that it is back and USA should not
mess with it , hopefully , Russia will deploy nukes in Cuba and Venezuala to keep the genocidal imperialist fascist american empire at bay

U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A. Damn straight I am a All American, Pro American Patriot and you are a threat say Buh Bye once McCain wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah , another yankee redneck, who is not aware about the massive Russian civil defence network to save citizens in event of a thermonuclear war ...

if you do blah blah about HAARP, Russia had Sura ionospheric control facility before americans made HAARP , and russian conspiracy theorists belive that HAARP is a copy of sura and is based soviet tech used in Sura

The Sura Ionospheric Heating Facility, located near the small town of Vasilsursk about 100 km eastward from Nizhniy Novgorod in Russia, is a laboratory for ionosphere research. Sura is capable of radiating about 190 MW, effective radiated power (ERP) on short waves. This facility is operated by the radiophysical research institute NIRFI in Nizhny Novgorod. The Sura facility was commissioned in 1981. Using this facility, Russian researchers achieved results regarding the ionosphere behavior and discovered the effect of generation of low-frequency emission at the modulation of ionosphere current. At the beginning, Soviet Defense Department mostly footed the bill. The American HAARP ionospheric heater is similar to the Sura facility. The HAARP project began in 1993.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Qui bono? The defense and petrochemical industries. The rest of the world suffers for the profit of a few. Russia vs. USA posturing is analagous to a car load of crips driving through bloods neighborhood. Some get killed but the monster still lives because the people are scared and powerless.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It is obvious to me that G. W. Bush ("Temporary") made sure there were no National Guards personnel left to protect the U.S. soil, and will now provoke the Russians into war, while invading Iran. I'm sure that the Freemason (English) plan to destroy 90% of the population through nuclear (not nucular) war is currently in end-game.

Take up arms. Write to your military family-members, and tell them what's going on. Rally and join with friends. Stockpile food and survival gear. Swamp YouTube with information.

If we let them succeed, we have noone to blame but ourselves.

Our Liberty,

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Vance,

To answer your question about spooky, and our education in general, as a 20 year retired vet I can tell you clearly, that I don't think our education system is as much to blame as are other latent forces.

As a whole, look at what we've become: a prime example can be Youtube.

At what time in our nations history have we found it desirable to actually film either ourselves OR others in harms way or positions that compromise our well-being all for the sake of "Youtubes fun of it"? People film themselves being maimed, mutilated, embarassed, the list goes on. With this type of mentality in mind, why would we assume that a NATION that condones this could actually expect to see reasonable thought from our youth?

Couple that with the light-speed ability for these "things" to circumnavigate the globe, and you have the recipe for people who respond to such things as the OP with such utter disregard for human life.

Just my $.02,

AB1

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Russia Today TV showed the ships leaving and reported that they were heading to Venezuela for pre-planned joint manouvers.

The Russian Navy says the drill is long planned and has no political overtones.

The Russian fleet is now extending its activity. We are not going to demonstrate any aggressive intentions. The fleet has always been and always will be a deterrent," said Igor Dygalo, a Navy spokesman.

Here's the link www.russiatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As for the situation at hand, let's just see what unfurls before casting anymore precarious 'what -ifs' and the like.

[edit - due to realising i wasn't adressing two children, just the one]

[edit on 23-9-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Back down from what? They are particiapting in an exercise with Venz? They arent trying to "start" anything.

Originally posted by seejanerun
We have been here and done this. Over 40 yrs ago. I wonder if this time Russia will really blink or if it is going to end up a differently this time. I have a feeling Russia will not back down this time. I think this will end badly.

We have set a precedent that says we wont allow a communist country to put nuclear weapons or a permanent base in our proverbial backyard.

Maybe the Web bot is right. I am seriously nervous about this.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Don't mind Spooky... probably just a kid who isn't old enough to contemplate death and suffering yet... war is likely still just a video-game to him. Hence his responses.

When you're old enough Spooky, go straight for the recruiting office. They need more people with blind angry patriotism...for cannon fodder. You might love your country now, but that's cause you don't yet realize what your country thinks of you in return.

Now that we're done raising an eyebrow to the children's responses...

I have my doubts this could erupt into anything more than re-routed naval passages.

Let's face it, we don't know what the CIA does behind closed doors, but I can guarantee you they've ticked both the Federation and enough Caribbean countries off that alliances are forming for a single reason... keep the US out.

Quite frankly the CIA should be disbanded, so many conflicts wouldn't exist.
It seems all it's done so far is started wars, and as of late, reminded the public that they're "all gonna die" next month... and the one before that... and before that... which, if you haven't noticed, is a form of terrorism in itself.

Russia and her allies don't simply decide one morning, hey, I'm going to start hating America again today.
No, of course not... to get a response like this, you have to have done something pretty disgusting yourself.
Considering we don't know what that US action was...
... this has CIA F-up written all over it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join