It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 28% Support Federal Bailout plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Only 28% Support Federal Bailout plan

www.freemarketnews.com...

Most Americans are closely following news reports on the Bush Administration’s federal bailout plan for the country’s troubled economy, but just 28% support what has been proposed so far.

Over one-third of voters (37%) oppose the $700-billion plan, and nearly as many (35%) are undecided, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey taken Sunday night. Details of the plan were made public on Saturday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what demographic makes up that 28% who are supporting this nightmare?

Isn't 28% about the same number of who are still supporting this ever-criminalistic administration of ours?

My guess is that Joe the tax-paying peon, struggling to eat and keep a house over his head isn't part of the "yay" vote on this...lol.

In a separate survey last week, only seven percent (7%) of voters thought the federal government should use taxpayer funds to keep a large financial institution solvent. Sixty-five percent (65%) said let the company file for bankruptcy. The numbers were generally the same across Republicans, Democrats and unaffiliated voters.

www.freemarketnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The reason we're almost evenly divided on the subject is because they do not explain to your average person just what is going on. The media is the only source we really have to thoroughly understand what is happening and all they're saying is "Bush proposes bail out!" and Henry Paulson saying "Yes, we must do this or we're doomed!" and "We must pass this thing through quick."

Tell me...

How can you come up with a plan in less than a week that will solve potentially the most dangerous financial collapse in American history? You've come up with this bright idea on the spot and you just want us to "rush it through! OR ELSE!"

I have heard very little objection as to why we should be wary of this bill. Only on the extended news channels am I hearing anything about this being dangerous for the welfare of the dollar later on. And in later on, I mean in a month or less.

These people are treasonous, as they are not being upfront or open with the American people. They are passing laws left and right and making very serious calls, taking advantage of your average Americans limited knowledge about economics.

The way I see it, they're cashing in, we're getting stuck with the bill.

These financial institutions have taken advantage of Americans like you and I and because of their poor principles, values, and standards regarding their pratice, we're going to just let them off with a big fat check? These banks will dump the average worker.

As I understand it, we're delaying the inevitable that has been coming for a long time now. We're just allowing a buffer for those men who are responsible for this very happening to cash out while they can.

They say they're doing this for our good, but how can they say that? This new 700 billion dollar ball out is going to wipe out the remaining value of the dollar. They know it. Some of Congress is talking about it. Why am I only hearing "The 700 billion dollar bailout will ensure the livelihood of the United States economy.." on my local news?

I've been fairly level-headed about this whole war on Iran, war in Iraq, our two political candidates ducking out on any serious question, the deterioration of public education, the black out of our natural disasters, bureaucracy hemming up the welfare of those in need, our senators and congressman who were sworn in on protecting and doing right by us, and people going along with what we are told we should go along with. But, this is absolute bull#. They are raping us over and we're taking it, lie by lie.

This is discussing whether my family is going to eat. Whether my mothers house is going to be taken away. Whether I am going to lose my job. The fall of the dollar means all of us who have finally risen above the lower middle class caste line will lose everything.

Our jobs, cars, houses, etc...

As I was telling Grover, my great grandmother's family was one of the wealthiest in the state of Utah. They were among the first to own automobiles. After 1929 they were couped up; 11 people in a one bedroom apartment. They say this next depression will be 10 fold what the last one was. That genuinely scares the hell out of me.

They can't be doing this to us again. Maybe we deserve it for letting other people take full advantage of us. Maybe those of us who understand what is happening are to blame for not stepping up to the plate for those who do not understand. There has to be limits put on this beast before it gets completely out of hand and wipes out everything that some of us have worked for.

This is bad news, and is the reason I'm constantly on here. Researching all I can and waiting for the next storm cloud to roll in.

These are troubling times.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what demographic makes up that 28% who are supporting this nightmare?

People like my brother in law. No matter what you say the goverment is gosd and they know best what to do for our country and blah blah blah...

You can't even argue valid points with him because he'll just tell you that your a moron and he won't stop to listen to anything anyone hass to say about the goverment.

He's never been in any branch of the goverment but he is the classic red neck.

new topics

top topics

join