It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School suspends boy for anti-Obama shirt

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Man his rights were trampled.
Children can be brutally honest.
Since when was the truth unpatriotic?
Quadafi wants him elected, Syria wants him elected, Iran wants him elected, Chavez wants him elected. The truth hurts.

Have you never been to a school and heard of a dress code? If they believe that the shirt, pants, shoes, hat, bracelet, necklace, ring, etc goes against the dress code they have the right to suspend the kid or whatever their policy says is the punishment.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
reply to post by Solarskye

Then maybe you should stop misrepresenting yourself with that "Deny Ignorance" on your pic to the left. That is the most ludicrous definition of hate speech I have probably ever seen. I do not believe in any way, shape or form can something that is true be classified as hate speech.

How can you 100% be sure that the statement on the kid's shirt is true. I cant believe the actions of this boy or his parents are even being argued here. This is just wrong, disgusting and unacceptable. I hardly ever replied to posts but these just shows how messed up people are in the head. Country first?...These hardcore republican religious fanatics are like terrorists but they wear suits and speak english. They wanna respond to jihad with jihad.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
A few video links for those that are interested. I saw both of them live and had to do a little digging to get them up. Any differences between the two?

Here is one from this morning, Fox Live Desk:

The second one is from tonight, Fox Hannity & Colmes:

I present these for your viewing pleasure. To add to the conversation I believe that the school acted appropriately considering the facts that are available to us so far. I feel that the kid was a victim of something more disturbing than what the school did to him after watching these videos.

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by Johnmike

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Elementary schools are not grounds for free speech. School's rules trump Constitutional rights.

I just want to say that this is completely wrong. Schools can make rules to keep things orderly, though, so if they say that this shirt was causing disorder they can rightfully ban it.

But you do NOT shed rights when you go into a school, technically. Basically, the school can function as a loose parental structure within the bounds of some general constitutional constraints.

NOT true... There are many things that shape the conduct in public schools. I had to spend each and everyday running away from a little cart so I could wear what I wanted.
IF I was caught wearing "banned" clothing I would have to change into school provided grease stained jumper....

Actually it is true. Look for the appropriate court cases (I remember Tinkey v. Des Moines, New Jersey v. T.L.O., and Bethel v. Fraiser off hand). Tinkey means that you don't leave your rights when you enter a school. T.L.O is regarding searches of personal property (basically that school officials can search with probable cause). Fraiser is about the school's ability to limit speech.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I'm surprised the boy wasn't tasered and chained to a desk in the principal's office.

Patriotism indeed.....

[edit on 23-9-2008 by loam]

Reminds me of:

"DON'T TAZE ME BRO!!! AHHHHH!!!!"
This is how ridiculous free speech is in America these days.. You get wrestled to the ground, held down, and tazed into submission when you start asking legitimate questions that could actually mean something.

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i can bet you if he wore a shirt that said i hate mccain and palin that this wouldnt have even made the news. and the kid would have been welcomed and given an A on the test while dancing through the tulips

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericds
Have you never been to a school and heard of a dress code? If they believe that the shirt, pants, shoes, hat, bracelet, necklace, ring, etc goes against the dress code they have the right to suspend the kid or whatever their policy says is the punishment.

This is true. This is something that should be looked at, before people start jumping to conclusions or pointing fingers.

Facts: What is the Scool Dress Code? What is the School Policy in regards to breaking the Dress Code? When the Child enrolled, did his parents sign something saying he would abide by the dress code?

These are things I would want ot know before taking a side on this particular topic.

I remember a friend of mine came to school with a shirt that said "Duck Off". The school policy was that she could either change her shirt into something she might have in her locker, or, head to the Office and get a shirt from them. They had a few boxes of School Shirts that they would hand out in case something like this happend.

Same rules applied, if the shirt was too low, see-thru, or otherwise went against the schools dress code.

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Quadafi wants him elected, Syria wants him elected, Iran wants him elected, Chavez wants him elected. The truth hurts.

Not to mention that by having the United States (and allies) simply pull the plug from and withdrawal out of Iraq, you are giving the terrorists yet another haven from which to train, plot, and finance. Whether you agree with the initial OIF engagement or not, face it, we have a responsibility now. To ignore this responsibility, is to perform a great dis-service to the Iraqis, Americans, and the entire Free World. So yes, if you advocate shunning your responsibilities to a Nation allied in the War On Terror, then you are in fact a Terrorist's Best Friend.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

Originally posted by walkinghomer
So, If my child went to school with a shirt that says, "Republicans, Home of Child Molesters" would you approve that?

Of course not! We all know that it's Democrats who makeup the majority of child molesters, murders, and rapists. Research has shown 83% of people in prison are Democrats or who would vote Democrat if had the intelligence to do so. That's why Democrats have been pushing legislative bills to allow felons to vote.

DO you have a source?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Not to mention that by having the United States (and allies) simply pull the plug from and withdrawal out of Iraq, you are giving the terrorists yet another haven from which to train, plot, and finance. Whether you agree with the initial OIF engagement or not, face it, we have a responsibility now. To ignore this responsibility, is to perform a great dis-service to the Iraqis, Americans, and the entire Free World. So yes, if you advocate shunning your responsibilities to a Nation allied in the War On Terror, then you are in fact a Terrorist's Best Friend.

OK so how long do we foot the bill? OBAMA has suggested that if you give a timeline you can help motivate IRAQ to take responsibility for its own. BASED upon the progress
make the decision when and where to withdraw...

The confusing thing for me about GOP ideology is you don't want to pay higher taxes (war is a proxy tax), do not think any struggling AMERICANS should receive financial help or health care "help" ( yet you are perfectly fine spending a hundred BILLION a year to nation build, provide healthcare and provisions?).

Above you talk about AMERICAN responsibility to IRAQ, yet AMERICA should not be involved and is not responsible for its own CITIZENS well being? I mean its really confusing you want to be as generous as the most LIBERAL to IRAQI'S, but iron fisted to the lazy no good AMERICAN folks???

ITS the same double talk, straddle the line logic as this financial fiasco.

NO REGULATION

to

WE NEED REGULATION

NO TAXES

but...

SPENDING $50,000,000.00 on shells and rounds is OK

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY,,, FEED YOURSELF AMERICAN SWINE

but...

THE IRAQI'S NEED a hundred tons of MILLUT - OH here ya go. HERES FIFTY PALLETS
OF COLLGATE TOOTHPASTE TOO BOOT...

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY GUNS

but...

PUT UM ON MY WIFE UTERUS INSTEAD

SAVE THE STEM CELLS

but...

CUT ORPHANAGE SUBSIDIES

You guys are doomed...

YOU may have a couple of elections left... but people are wising up.

Make all the ridiculous claims, hate filled BS tees and whole lies you want. YOU are digging your own graves reds. AMERICA is based on liberty - LIBER - the base of the word liberal.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It might help to understand the issue to note that his sister had an almost identical shirt on and was not suspended. She did not 'provoke a disturbance' as her brother did and that is why he was suspended.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Not to mention that by having the United States (and allies) simply pull the plug from and withdrawal out of Iraq, you are giving the terrorists yet another haven from which to train, plot, and finance.

THE RIGHT-WING WARMONGER CHICKEN-HAWKS THAT STARTED THE WAR IN IRAQ ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VACUUM CREATED IN IRAQ AND THE U.S. MILITARY LEAVING.

I ACCEPT NONE OF THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROBLEMS CREATED BY THEM AND THEIR FOLLOWERS.

CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.

Sorry, I'm tired of caring. I disagreed from the beginning (you know when they lied a bunch to start their war?).

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Of course he should be suspended.
When I was in grade school my friend wore a T-Shirt that said "F*** YOU" in big letters and he got in crap.
Schools have a dress code.
Would you send you young daughter to school with a T-Shirt saying "I Only Do Black Guys"? In a tight white pants with a black thong showing?

I'm so sure you clowns would shrug your shoulders and say "Freedom of speech"
There never was a such thing as freedom of speech.
Talk too much and have cops beat you into a bloody pulp.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Hmmm,
Yes like he says there should be not just more, but everything behind it. I mean, forget the elections, they could be just the game. It is possible that Obama is definitely set to become the next puppet. So anything stands against it, gets punished through internal connections.
The oposition parties and candidates are not going to stand near. My another guess is this name 'Barak Obama'. This name is odd and fits well in your mind and tongue. Like previously it was Dubya Bush. Dubya an odd word introduced to affect psychologically. These are the words that generally Americans do not use, but are psychologically unconciously curious about it and want to implement it.
If this is also true, then the pupped change is definite. Obama is coming.

anyone?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Schools have a dress code.
Would you send you young daughter to school with a T-Shirt saying "I Only Do Black Guys"? In a tight white pants with a black thong showing?

Please show us where this school's dress code is that says this boy's shirt was against School policy. Thanks.

I certainly wouldnt send my child to school looking like trash or wearing crappy homemade tshirts spouting something political. I have way more class then that. But fact is, that boy had the right to do so, unless school policy said he didnt.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You can't be serious,
It might not be in the school policy but it's one of those common sense things.
I'm sure the school policy doesn't say "No shooting teachers with guns"
or "No urinating on the principal" it's one of those things your expected to know as a human being.

Also look at the Fox news video link of the Son and Father, the kid is wearing a skull shirt and the dad is wearing some trash.

If your going on T.V like Fox news at least put something good on.
That family is trash.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

You can't be serious,
It might not be in the school policy but it's one of those common sense things.
I'm sure the school policy doesn't say "No shooting teachers with guns"
or "No urinating on the principal" it's one of those things your expected to know as a human being.

Also look at the Fox news video link of the Son and Father, the kid is wearing a skull shirt and the dad is wearing some trash.

If your going on T.V like Fox news at least put something good on.
That family is trash.

And this has to do with what? Completely irrelevant on this topic.

The shirt didn't advocate sex, violence or drugs...nor had any curse words on it. It made a statement that many believe is true. It made a political statement.

It doesn't matter if we think its "trashy" or not. What matters is, what is school policy and did the boy break school policy. It doesnt matter if the parent lacks common sense and lacks class.

Besides. The school claims that he was suspended for being defiant, not wearing the shirt.

[edit on 9/24/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

By that logic it's ok to send kids to school with Shirts saying "I Hate White People" or "I Hate Black people" because there not violence drugs or sex in it?

Then it must be ok for kids to go to school with shirts saying "My teacher drinks poo".

It's just one of those things you don't do.
Or at least wait for Obama to screw up before calling him a terrorist.
"Bush & republics attacked 9/11" would be more appropriate.

Supporting people that bombed their own citizens is not what Principals should allow all the other kids support.

When other kids see shirts like this they will support more Bush terrorism & corruption which I would hope some of these teachers have seance to teach that to the kids.

It's a school, place for kids to learn, not a place to wear whatever you want as long as theres no drugs, violence & sex.
You know how many loops hole there are around rule you just made up.
It's just common seance.

P.S.
Yeah I know im a little bias but I don't think that counts when you talking about a mass murderer vs a so far clean guy.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by buds84]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Get real, you're so wrong!!! Teachers teach their beliefs everyday anyone who thinks different has their head up something!!! If we don't come together as a nation things are going to get soooo badd! you cannot even imagine!!!!!!!!! Democrats are control freaks and Republicans are about making money for themselves! If you do your homework check out when the economy started failing, 6 months after the Democrats took control of Congress. Do some research before u comment, this is our country and we're letting all these politicians ruin it!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The people who say this is free speech are deluded and insane, it is hate speech and nothing more. I'm sure if I drove past your house I'd see an effigy of Obama hanging from a tree in your yard, you people are truly disgusting individuals and need to crawl back under your rocks.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join