It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Sign here if you are an enemy combatant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sorry, but either you are suffering from extreme paranoia or you are trying to rack up some points (..."as usual please star and flag") WTF????

Anyways you have a much better chance of being dragged in by the secret police if you do what me and my friends do regularly for laughs.

Finish EVERY cell phone call with 5 words such as. bomb, target, allah, strike, government.

So for example, "Ok, I hope you are feeling better soon. Bye! bomb, target, allah, strike, government."

I also like to use these words at the end of every email I send from a hotmail account.

I have been doing this for about 2.5 years and still no action

So I really don't think you have anything to worry about here on ATS.

By the way, why don't you just login via an Internet cafe or library - new IP every time and no fixed address!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You might be right on that. Might. I hope.

But then again, with semp on board as a mod, I'm sure he'd spill the beans, right semp?

Problem is, even semp won't know about it, because that will be a NSA/FBI/CIA operation, and in this case since they would already know semp's status, would probably most definitely NOT inform him or any other local officer, because they will already know there are many more cops that frequent ATS.

To be honest SO, I am amazed this thread wasn't trashed the minute it was put up. "Sign here if you are an enemy combatant" Think about what you are allowing here. Not good, imho, and opens up a needless can of worms. Skunk Works, please, at the very least.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If our government is concerned about subversive members of the citizenry it is the people that don't post their plans, thoughts, or aspirations on an Internet forum they are watching.

When you can see your enemy and know what he is doing you don't worry. It's when you don't know where your enemy is and have no idea what his agenda is that you have a serious problem.

There are operatives in our country that don't even use their real names. They meet secretly and would never announce their true feelings on the Internet. These are the people the PTB are concerned about.

We members of ATS worry about what we are not being told about what our government is doing. Our government worries about what it's citizens are not making public knowledge.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

When you are in the woods and you hear a rattle snake and see it you can take evasive action. It's when you don't hear or see that snake that you have a problem.

Personally I will never post anything on any forum on the Internet that I would not want the PTB to know.

A man's tongue is his worst enemy. In this case it's our keyboards.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Whoa! Slow down!

Paranoia? Nope, just what I personally consider an interesting topic taking into account the size of the site. Do you think that IF what I thought I was saying was remotely close to the truth that I would be stupid enough to stick my neck out like this?

Naa, not even i'm that stupid

Its nice to get star and flagged to keep the topic alive, to show that the topic MIGHT be worth reading, and if other members don't think so, don't star and flag - simple as that. I'll remove it, in case I give the wrong impression that a get high off ATS point.

As far as points, I can't see any value in that - except changing my avatar a few times

[edit on 23-9-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There is a lot easier of ways to find you then to look on internet,guarenteed if they are looking for you they will find you,I think ATS would be much harder to track then My Space,plus never know agent might pick up on some hot chicks too

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
what said somebody in the past, we can be sure of 3 things

- death
- taxes

and

- loss of data

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm not really worried about it. I had thought of it before even signing up. I don't even think they would need to go get the IP logs, more likely to just sniff the traffic off the servers.

I look at talking about these kinds of topics like this. If this is wrong, great. I have nothing to worry about, because nothing bad is going to happen to me. Whatever happens, it won't be me starting anything, that's for sure.

And if its right, then it's something that needs to be talked about to help prevent it from happening.

If it was a truly a government with our best intentions and protecting free speech, then these kinds of things would be welcome. An alert populace in such a case is a good thing. And even if these conspiracies aren't even true, it's a good idea to understand how such things could go down, so that in case it happens in the future people will be able to spot it easily to stop it.

So either way, there is no reason not to post.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I believe we're already on lists, and that they already, without asking the owners of ATS, know where each and everyone of us lives. They're tech is advanced. If so, then I suggest the ones monitoring become heros and true patriarchs for the people and make their predecessors proud of them. Otherwise, I give them the rose of one of my fingers, and then the bouquet.
In other words, I don't care. Their bad behavior won't change my good one. Writing about issues is extremely good.
[edit on 25-9-2008 by mystiq]

[edit on 25-9-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It is an interesting point to bring up. Being still a newbie to ATS, as i say so myself, with so many forums to explore and subjects to read, also i have been questioning myself. Not so much about my IP adress being tracked, but more about this website being 'tracked', inspected or checked by (US) government institutes. That because of the information and opinions this website contains by so many members.

I really wonder (with all respect) if the main people who run this site ever have been 'questioned' or 'investigated' by officials about what 'goes on' here..?

This because a lot of threads contain 'critisism' and 'not all day' opinions about various subjects like for example politics, religion, Military & Gov. Projects, New World Order and ofcourse conspiracies.

I am glad this website exists and the discussion goes on, still..

Ps. grinning, secret service men with sunglasses can come when they found me through my IP, I'll even make them tea.. As I'm just a girl in the world

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
While Im all about you ATS fellas that are keepin a watchful eye, Ive come to the conclusion of a couple things. I have been taking a course on the history of the USA from 1600-1800, and have learned a lot of things about how things really went down. That being said, we need more people (like myself) that are former military that are realizing what is going on, ready to form their own insurgency, one that happened to already be trained in and experienced with modern guerrilla warfare. I would like to emphasize that we are a long long way away from something like this, but I believe, as did the founding brothers (go read that book, its good) that the USA is something that is potentially fragile and there must always be people watching to point out the things others wont, and also there to take and organize action when needed. One more much less relevant note is that one of the biggest factors, besides the boston massacre, in shaping public thought in favor of revolution, was the Tea Tax (among other taxes) The biggest deal I saw was that it was the rich people, (lots of southerners and poorer people back then werent as big on tea as you might think, it was the political and economic elite that got really pissed, the ones that have the money and influence to help create change. If we really want to stand a chance with changing this country, we need something that unites the lower and middle and upper classes into a rallying cause. Wow i am just babbling on now anyway.my thoughts....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join