It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cardiff Helicopter UFO chase 06/08/08 by Andrew Russell

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I remeber the Cardiff Police 'chase' UFO and also wondered, at the time, what they were doing landing at St. Athan. That thing is rarely outside Ely!
I also recall the sighting in Brecon (just up the road) was at a similar time:
Sorry It's A Link To The Sun!
We do seem to get spates of sightings in the region. I can't tell you how quickly the Torchwood references become boring, though!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Well this may help to put some more light on this strange incident:

As of April this year, the Special Forces Support Group (SFSG) became operational at RAF St Athan, near Cardiff.

The creation of this new force, brings together those who were selected from the RAF's II Sqn RAF Regiment (para), the Royal Marines Commando (para) and members of the Parachute Brigades. The SFSG 's main task is to give direct support the UK's SF anywhere around the world, with additional counter-terrorist duties. SFSG comes under direct command of Director Special Forces and has become a full time member of the UK SF Group

Wow.

I have just put up a thread about unsolved cases of UFO's in Wales here:

CBS News Unsolved UFO cases Reported To Police Wales

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
We did some tests last year using Chinese Lanterns to see exactly how they perform in differing circumstances.

With no wind at ground level they go, pretty much straight up and burn out inside 5 minutes

With no wind at ground level but wind at 3-400 feet up they are carried by the wind and burn for 5 or so minutes.

With any sort of breeze above 2-3 miles per hour they simply tip over and burn up the actual balloon before they manage to get 50 feet up.

You can pretty much conclude that, if it's travelling at anything more than a very leisurely pace it is not a Chinese Lantern as they simply can't cope with the conditions.

Chinese lanterns can not..... keep pace with anything flying with a rotary or jet engine and they sure as hell can't accelerate past a plane or helicopter.

Another thing we noticed during out tests was something about their colour. In a clear blue sky, which is was where we were situated, they look far more yellow. Under a leaden grey sky they shine with a far more orange tint. We noticed this purely by accident as someone else across the city let 2 off and that side of the city was, at the time, covered in a low layer of leaden cloud.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join