It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cardiff Helicopter UFO chase 06/08/08 by Andrew Russell

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

This happened at around 8.15 so it was still pretty light. It was behind the train station and I lost sight of it as it went behind the Brains Brewery so I think that's west, right? I'd say that it was pretty low. Not to low, but definatly lower than a plane. It was nuts. when I saw the first light I thought 'That's pretty cool' but this black orb came with a really eerie feeling. It didn't feel so cool.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslloyd

Yep, that's like the black orb I saw two weeks ago on the link road. It started off with a red light that disappeared as it was enclosed by something wrapping around it. That was creepy!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I live in Llanelli and my house is pretty high up wiith my window facing towards cardiff way and I'm always seeing wierd colour stars/lights way in the distance over towards you guys. Why has it become such a hotspot these last few months? What's so special about cardiff?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I've no idea. It really is weird. Like I say, I've seen 6 objects that defy all explanation, and that's all in just 10 months. And I'm not even out much most evenings. Four of my sightings were night/dusk and two in the daytime. I just wish I had more time to get out and look for them. I'm really hoping someone catches something incredible soon. The Barry video I posted defies all logic, just insane, but it doesn't surprise me with what I've seen.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by the.lights]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That barry video is exactly what the first object i saw last evening was like except there was just the one, dissapearing and reapearing in another positioon. At least, I think it was one. I never once saw two objects at the same time.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

They seem to fade then blink out, don't they? I saw around 20 orbs last year - they were about 100 feet above me in the sky, flying in formation. I was also able to contact another independent witness who saw them up close with two other people. She said it was like they were pure energy and they looked a bit like jellyfish.

This video shows a very similar thing to the Barry lights. It's from 2007 or 2008 I think. Silbury Hill in Warminster, near Avebury. I've actually met the lady in the video very close to where this was filmed. She is an avid crop circle enthusiast and pointed me in the direction of a circle. You will notice the lights in this video exhibiting the exact same behaviour as those in the Barry video. Again, I've seen little to no recognition of this video by the UFO community.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

These things are incredible. 'Balls of energy' is a good description of them. At least when someone witnesses a solid, metalic craft they look like they could be manned by an extra-terrestrial entity, but these are litterally just balls of light. It's #ed up. Where are they from and what are they for?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That's the million dollar question. Maybe one day we will find out. Maybe not. I know one thing though... I'm convinced as I've seen them. Here's another vid of the exact same thing. This time, India;

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Here is a good Video report from local news on the incident;

Something so obviously happened here that was not of "normal" origin.

Kind regards,

Elf.

I changed the video link to one that works. i recorded the original video but I took it down some time back ( it had over 100,000 views) luckily someone copied it. I filmed it straight of the news website with my sony camcorder that's why it sounds so tinny.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I saw the same orbs tonight over Llanrlli. there were ten people with me. It flew and danced around for abit then slowly drifted up into space. This is all to messed up.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Hey Miles. They are back here in the Vale. We were walking our dog last night (Fri 4th Sept) and we witnessed a stationary orb dimming out then brightening over in the direction of the airport, actually to the west of it.

About 5-10 minutes after, we saw an extremely bright light appear out of nowhere, between Barry and the airport south of us. However, it must have been closer to us than that location. It was a clear night and this thing was stationary for several minutes glowing very brightly. It then brightened and dimmed a couple of times to the point where it disappeared then it came back in the same spot and grew smaller, finally moving gradually westward, north of the airport in a westerly direction, appearing to mimic aircraft lights. Without a sound. Very weird. My partner was excited, freaked and kept saying 'what the f%*k?'

Then, as we were heading home, another one appeared directly over Barry, this time dimming and glowing brighter, then dimming in a cyclical pattern, and moving extremely slowly upward into the sky but this one was very faint to naked eye.

Before we got home, about 10 minutes later, a distant helicopter appeared, and the noise it gave off was loud and clear, and it was further away than the bright light we had seen. My partner stated that the bright one we saw in no way behaved like an aircraft should behave in the night sky, nor a helicopter, and that what it did when it flew away was try to mimic an aircraft, but it clearly was not one, besides, it was moving way too slowly. At the speed it was doing and its height, it should have fallen out of the sky. This is the second of these I've seen that mimicked aircraft, except that the first one was doing a pretty poor job of it and was very low in the sky, almost like it wanted to be seen.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
[edit on 4-9-2010 by 18731542]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I've seen another one again tonight. I'd ;like to spend a night out while its still clear skies and record/document every one I see before winter sets in. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Good grief people. Chinese Lanterns have been causing confusion for years. In this Police helo video you can even see in the close-ups the burning propellant of the Chinese Lantern!

If you have never seen one before, just like the Police Helo crew, then it is interesting and you investigate. Lots of people are confused over this video. The helo camera is tracking the Lantern giving an impression of speed.

Chinese Lanterns have been fooling people all over the world. You Tube are full of them.

TJ

[edit on 4-9-2010 by tommyjo]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights

They seem to fade then blink out, don't they? I saw around 20 orbs last year - they were about 100 feet above me in the sky, flying in formation. I was also able to contact another independent witness who saw them up close with two other people. She said it was like they were pure energy and they looked a bit like jellyfish.

This video shows a very similar thing to the Barry lights. It's from 2007 or 2008 I think. Silbury Hill in Warminster, near Avebury. I've actually met the lady in the video very close to where this was filmed. She is an avid crop circle enthusiast and pointed me in the direction of a circle. You will notice the lights in this video exhibiting the exact same behaviour as those in the Barry video. Again, I've seen little to no recognition of this video by the UFO community.

A classic example of how people want to, or can be completely confused. This is isn't the first time that people have produced videos from Silbury Hill. All they have to do is wait until there is a military night exercise in the area and especially on Salisbury Plain and film away.

From the commentary it would appear that she is genuinely excited and shocked by what she is filming. Unfortunately it is the classic format of military flares and other light sources being imaged at night. Anyone can replicate the exact same footage everytime the military have a night exercise in the area and especially on Salisbury Plain. There have even been videos shot from Silbury hill of military helos on the plain displaying lights.

Her video even shows the classic traits of filming a light source many miles away. The resultant light source produce the diamond shape. It is the video optics that are producing the shape, not the light. You Tube is full of people trying to pass off diamond shaped UFOs.

See following of how the video produces them.

There are even people who visit the area simply to get footage that they can pass off as 'Black Helicopters' buzzing and chasing them.

TJ

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I would be interested in joining you for definite. I'd need to find a window in my busy schedule though. Since the activity is insane right now I don't want to miss anything either.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

I thank you for your input. Let me put this in perspective for you. Have you seen anything in the sky that you cannot rationally explain? Even after you have exhausted every possible rational explanation? Perhaps you have. Perhaps not. Either way, how you look at the world is no doubt coloured by your mental make up, your personal experience of this world and how you interpret your reality.

I spent my younger years fascinated by UFOlogy, open-minded and intrigued by video and pictorial evidence suggesting, potentially, spectacular truths that were yet to be revealed. Then, as I grew older, wiser, skepticism crept in, not least because I had not witnessed anything personally. In a way, I felt cheated. I told myself that only two things would truly convince me; that I had incontrovertible proof through a personal encounter or incontrovertible evidence through the international media and governments that UFOs do exist. None of that happened, so over the years I lost interest.

Last year, myself and nine other individuals, at four seperate locations, all witnessed the same phenomenon. The location I witnessed at was the second closest of the four witness locations, and the first closest were able to distinguish detailed structure of what they saw. Prior to this, I had not personally witnessed chinese lanterns. (That catch all excuse for disbelievers to throw at believers to discredit or rubbish their arguments and experiences). And so, in the first five seconds of what I witnessed, my rational and logical mind told me it must be lanterns or balloons of some sort. It was only as what I was witnessing developed that I realised that what I, (and the eight others), were witnessing was intelligent, deliberate movement. Not only that, but the light was at an intensity that I've never seen before, in any airborne object. I knew nothing about orbs back then. But, when you see ten or eleven balls of energy fly past you in diagonally descending formation, changing speed, and direction, you know that what you are seeing defies all rational explanation. When you then contact a group of three other witnesses, who were much closer to said orbs and described them as having vibrating, pulsing undersides as they rose up, much like a jellyfish, again, you question much of what your understanding of this reality and your place in it is.

Now, don't get me wrong, you are entitled to your opinion. And of course, you are also welcome to it. But I'd appreciate you keeping perhaps a little bit more of an open mind about what you read and others personal experiences, before you try to discredit them with catch all chinese lantern explanations and Youtube cod science video explanations.

By the way, in the three videos I have illustrated in this thread, can you explain to me why the lights that are illustrated all stay in a fixed position in the sky, why the lights ingite in mid air, why they fade and blink out/on, etc. Since when did military flares gain the ability to hovver....

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I was just about to leave a post suggesting the same thing! I'd say we have about a month left to do it.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

That's all well and good, but chinese lanterns cannot stop floating, hover or change direction. They can ONLY travel in the direction the wind is taken them. hey also cannot flicker on and off.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Thank you for the reply. You Tube is full of people filming lights and being fooled by them. Yes I agree that some are natural phenomena such as the lights at Hessdalen in Norway. Scientists and amateur footage have witnessed strange lights prior to seismic activity. Granite under load in lab conditions has been shown to build up huge electrical fields. The theory is that the huge pressure during seismic events and plate shifts cause energy to be discharged into the air. That is why scientists at Hessdalen are monitoring the light activity, but obviously far too many people want to believe that they are witnessing an alien technology at work.

All sorts of lights in the night sky fool people. This has been exhibited countless times when Chinese Lanterns
have been released at party events and you read the eyewitness news reports the next day of 'UFOs'and lights doing amazing things.Individuals and groups have done such controlled tests and noted the reaction on the likes of You Tube. Release lanterns on a set time over a populated area and see the reaction. In some cases people fly them with attached LEDs on them. The resultant videos and eye-witness accounts confirm that such lights will confuse the hell out of people. Proof that humans and video recording devices are continually fooled by light sources in the sky. You Tube and the likes are full of them all by people claiming that they are doing weird and wonderful things.

Individuals with no depth perception or fiming light sources at extreme distance. For example here is a lady in
the US filming an 'Orb'(Mini-Sun). You just have to see all the comments on her videos to see how people are constantly fooled by various light sources filmed at night. She is also filming these light sources through military grade night vision optics.

This lady believes that the orbs that she is filming are in the woods located a few hundred yards behind her house. The reality is that she lives in a major Air Traffic Control Zone and is filming some of these light sources up to 10 and even 15 miles away.

Far too many people being fooled by the likes of parachute flares, night time helicopter exercises. Filmed at a distance and through various optics lights can exhibit all manner of characteristics. For example the filmed light of aircraft at night at distance do not show in certain angles the navigation strobes.

The lady at Silbury Hill could have been filming helicopters at night at extreme distance. The area is a routine military helo training area.

Yes, call me skeptical but far too many people are being fooled by lights at night and especially at distance.

TJ

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join