It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes: The Sylar Conspiracy (of eating brains)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Is anyone else convinced that Sylar is eating brains? Last night's episode (season 3 premiere) started to move away from the whole brain-eating thing, but there has already been so much hinting in the other direction as well.

Some speculation on this very topic has been posted here, along with a great animation, lol.

sylareatsbrains.com...

* First, there is the interview with Zachary Quinto where the question is asked,
"Q: Do you think he's eating the brains?"
with the answer from Sylar:
"A: I think that is a strong possibility and I'll leave it at that."

* Next, is an interview with Heroes writer, Bryan Fuller where he states
"...what we've always talked about in the writing staff was that he kills people and he eats their brains..." audio clip

* There is also the statement Sylar makes in reference to the list of people with abilities: "[can't wait to] sink my teeth in"

* Another hint at Sylar's brain-eating ways is the comment Molly makes: "the boogieman ... eats your brain." - (update! May 22, 2007) In the season finale, Molly once again referred to Sylar directly as the boogieman, clearing up any confusion of Sylar being the boogieman who eats brains.

* This brings us to our most convincing piece of evidence - Sylar's medical reports as seen on Primatech internal documents, stating that he has a triglyceride count of 527 and an LDL count of 242. The normal levels for an average person are

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sylar doesn't eat brains, he said so himself by saying "Thats Disgusting Claire." That's pretty blunt. My guess is that he does destroy the brain while he is learning the ability but with Claire, the brain grows back as soon as he destroys it. They aren't hinting anymore, the writings have pretty much come out and said he doesn't eat brains.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Sylar doesn't eat brains, he said so himself by saying "Thats Disgusting Claire." That's pretty blunt. My guess is that he does destroy the brain while he is learning the ability but with Claire, the brain grows back as soon as he destroys it. They aren't hinting anymore, the writings have pretty much come out and said he doesn't eat brains.

It's not started in UK yet, but that part I have just read about in the paper, and it's pretty clear I thought.

The paper I read also nicely spoiled the part of who shot Nathan, I figured who it was but I wanted to see it with my own eyes than reading about it in a national news paper that doesn't normally spoil things like that.

It starts on Wednesday here, can't wait.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I doubt it. I used to think that he did, but now that I think about it I am not so sure.

Sylar's power is to look at things and see how they work, or 'tick'.

Remember, he use to fix watches. He didn't eat the watch to see how it works, he just looked at it and knew what was wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
He gets to the pituitary gland apperently.

Good eats says hunter I know.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Oh yeah the adrenaline thing. That actually makes more sense (in a fictional sort of way) then all the other explanations for super powers yet. The more I think about it the more sense it makes. Ok, he doesn't eat brains maybe he just drinks the fluid in the gland.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You forget what his 'ability' is. He has the ability to figure out how things 'tick'. Remember during the flashback where Mohinder's father first meets Gabriel Gray, aka Syler, in a watch repair shop? He can figure out how something, or in this case someone, 'ticks'. Although they have eluded to adrenaline activating a power, apparently the power is located in the brain, so he needs to look at the brain to 'figure it out'.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I think the writers just wanted to have fun with it, I think when Sylar said "That's Disgusting Claire" that was the punchline to a 2 season and couple episodes joke in the making. I thought it was hilarious. I think he figures out how each power works and activates it in his own brain...somehow,I think everyone dies because you cant touch a brain like he does and live, except claire...shes..."different"

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
But in the episode tonight, number three, Sylar took the power of Jesse, but later on, he's seen being walked into a cell. So do they not die? And he just kills them normally so they can't spill his secrets?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Sylar now has Claires power and can now use his own blood to revive those he kills.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Why would he eat brains when he could get the victim's ability just by touching or feeling the brain, and like he said, that's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sylar did kill jesse! Knox escaped, The German was killed by Knox. It was the other one who i can't remember the name of!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yeah you're right, it was the Flamethrower that got caught, just watched that scene on "repeat" viewing.
Missed that on broadcast so I was like, oh he lived through that?? I just assumed "Gabriel" used his power to revive his victim.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Originally posted by sardion2000

It's not started in UK yet, but that part I have just read about in the paper, and it's pretty clear I thought.

The paper I read also nicely spoiled the part of who shot Nathan, I figured who it was but I wanted to see it with my own eyes than reading about it in a national news paper that doesn't normally spoil things like that.

It starts on Wednesday here, can't wait.

I live in the UK, and last night which was Wednesday I saw the episode where Sylar says "That's disgusting, Claire." Heroes is better than the last series, the speedy girl is kinda funny.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So it looks like he does something with the adrenal gland (is that in the brain???)

It looks as if he crushed it or popped it (ew) and then absorbed it's mytical heroic energy.

But what ever it was he found something in her brain and took it's energy somehow.

He has really messed Claire up though by the looks of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
So it looks like he does something with the adrenal gland (is that in the brain???)

It looks as if he crushed it or popped it (ew) and then absorbed it's mytical heroic energy.

But what ever it was he found something in her brain and took it's energy somehow.

He has really messed Claire up though by the looks of it.

Poor Claire, how will she be able to know if she is hurt now..:shk:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think the whole "Claire, that's digusting" episode has laid to rest the theory of whether or not Sylar eats brains (he doesn't). i think the writers wanted to move away from the whole "Sylar is a monster" theme and start to make him more "human" and likeable, it seems this season has shown a shift in how Sylar is portrayed. still, that was a great quote - i started a Heroes blog and named it "Claire, That's Disgusting!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
WHy has no-one made a thread for Volume 4 "Fugitives", I still love this show and I like where their going with it, Not that I ever really had a problem with vol. 2 Only The black eyed girl whining all the time, just like Nikki in Vol. 1.

Does anyone watch this anymore?
Or is it just not a top veiwing priority for anyone now?

I assume their linking vol. 3 and 4 into the same series, so hopefully it's still on next week, can't wait.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Naw there is no heroes on today unfortunately... oh well...

new topics

top topics

join