It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about UFOs please help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I figure this thread will be rendered obsolete within the first few posts if anyone posts at all.

My question is this.
After watching many sci-fi movies about aliens and UFOs I have found my self wondering, How advanced are the real aliens supposed to be?

I know from speculation in the ranks of the ATS crowd that there are at least 3 "mainstream" alien species and perhaps many more, but I’m speaking specifically about what everyone is calling the Gray’s, the Reptilians and there was another one that escapes me at this moment sorry.

I watched a movie from the 80s called Star man I actually took my first real girlfriend to see it at the theater and I remember them saying in the movie that they were at least 100,000 years more advanced than modern humans.

This fascinated me because I noticed that the Star man character for all purposes was an incorporeal being that created a human clone to inhabit while visiting Earth.

This isn’t really important to me other than I was looking at some other threads on ATS and noticed the common UFO which resembles a glowing orb. I realize that this may be due to the camera being used and zoom power on the camera. However I was considering many accounts before writing this thread and noticed that a lot of UFOs seem to be very irregular in size to small in fact for a creature smaller than a man to fit into comfortably.
Does this mean that the beings whoever they are that construct such vehicles are somehow inside the craft as energy and upon leaving the vehicle have a standard body they step into to move around the environment?

Or are the craft that people are witnessing no more than drone type craft flown by advanced computer or remote? I’m highly intrigued with the technology that may be being used by these creatures.

Now for the most important question, Just how advanced do you have to be in order to make the transition from a fleshly corporeal being into a purely incorporeal entity either by choice or by result?

Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by snowen20]

[edit on 23-9-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Am I ugly or are there far less people on ATS that know anything about this topic than I was lead to believe?

Did I mention I have a short attention span and I'm very impatient?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

HI snowen20

I'm not an expert, but i'll try to reply to you at my best.
It would be a good start to try to pull apart the facts from everything else. If we'd limit our research in this specific field to the facts, then we'd get the result to at least narrow the field of investigation. But if we put all together facts, tales, accounts, sci-fi movies etc then we get a nebulous and mischieving scenario. There's NOT a single proof that those races (Grays, Reptilians, Nordics etc) actually exist: if even just a proof would exist, now this topic would have been discussed in some research centers, universities, parliaments etc. What we have are speculations and more or less questionable evidences: worthy to be discussed, of course, but not conclusive at all. That said, every guess, every theory about their alleged technological level would be based on guesses, accounts, theories etc: a technological level can be determined after studies applied on some of that specific tecnology's product: in absence of that, nothing serious can be said. This is one of the basys of the Reverse-engineering theory: a country retrieves a crashed alien spacecraft, and after some reverse work is able to take advantage from the technology used in order to build it, getting, as result, some technologically advanced devices, vehicles, weapons etc. But sadly, also this facet has to be proven yet.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Thanks, though I feel like that was a pitty post

But a post is a post never the less thanks.

Im looking for pure hypotheses based on eye witness account from abductees and simple video evidence.
From this I can extrapolate a base line idea of technology but I need peoples opinions in order to make this work.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I must have posted this at the wrong time because even after one post i feel like screaming....Who do i have to @#@$ to get a post around here.

By the way UFOs are cool and Im doing research for a class paper just so im still on topic.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Thanks, though I feel like that was a pitty post

But a post is a post never the less thanks.

Im looking for pure hypotheses based on eye witness account from abductees and simple video evidence.
From this I can extrapolate a base line idea of technology but I need peoples opinions in order to make this work.

That was not a pitty post from Internos

Mod Edit: Nope nope my Aussie cobber...not nice

[edit on 23-9-2008 by alien]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Actually yes I am serious and my head is not up my ass so take it easy KILLER.
I greatly appreciate the first post I recieved as it was concise and asnwered some of my questions as well as offered me leads to study.

My task in this was to gain public opinion and I thought that might best be done on a forum especially ATS.
Though with attitudes like yours I see I was gravely mistaken thanks for making ATS worthless.

Sincerely snowen20

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
dammit!

i wish i read this post 3 minutes ago, i just poisted somethign with the same sort of question. >.<

its a dam good question to ponderover..

im with you (i think) i dont think because their aliens that woudl instantly make them more advanced than us

for instance, they might visit one day with a tv that shows the viewer only the type of shows they want which is visualised from theri own imagination - no actors or studios . . .BUT , they might not have developed sattalite tv, or worked out how to transmit data via radio waves or lasers.. . .

[edit on 23-9-2008 by boaby_phet]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thanks for being a legitamite poster and commenting in a friendly manner.

So if the are aliens they are not more advanced, ok I can buy that however wouldnt they be more advanced in some ways and like wise us as well?

Space travel, or interdimensional travel seems prety far out there as a technology when one considers distance and time.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi m8

Not sure exactly what information you are looking for but i'll add what i can.

As far as timeline is concerned you need to look at modern day advances in technology

In the last 100 years we have gone from computers that take up a whole building to fitting in your pocket.

Just imagine what would be possible in another 100 years time.

Now think that a civilisation on another planet that has been around for 2000 years more than us and what technology they would have developed??

we are on the verge of contoling computers and robotics that think and learn things without human envolvement.

So long as we don't blow ourselves up in WW3/4/5/6 and however many more there are gonna be we could be the race to explore space in around 100 years time. and who knows we may be looking and visiting planets with people that are only evolved to our middle ages for example.

Would we show ourselves to them knowing that they are not ready for the knowledge.

I believe there are UFOs around and that they visit us but we're just not ready to receive the knowledge they have to impart on us which is why they are not showing themselves.

We may get glimses every now and again but that's just them making a few mistakes and letting it slip that they are around

I know this hasn't answered your question fully. but i have limited knowledge and no first hand experience of Grey's, Reptilians, or whatever form they are.

Mace

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Actually every veiw point I recieve is exactly what I need.
Like I said Im seeking public opinions and public ideology regarding extraterrestrial technology.

But in regard to your point does it not assume that a species advances in a liniar aspect where one technology is achieved one after another where as in another possability it is more sporadic?

I was considering the probability that technological advancments may occur by accident over spans of time greater than what earth is old, so that in such a scenario a species far older than earth is still slightly lower technologically. I dont know thanks for your opinion GREATLY appreciated.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Grays reptillians nordics whatever, I was just responding to the party line when it comes to aliens I have no idea what or who they are.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Actually yes I am serious and my head is not up my ass so take it easy KILLER.
I greatly appreciate the first post I recieved as it was concise and asnwered some of my questions as well as offered me leads to study.

My task in this was to gain public opinion and I thought that might best be done on a forum especially ATS.
Though with attitudes like yours I see I was gravely mistaken thanks for making ATS worthless.

Sincerely snowen20

Sorry im just use to dealing with sceptics, I have had a long day?

U2U me if you need advice if not stick to the and learn from the best in here .

Regards Bob

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thanks for being sincere, get some rest and thanks Ill take your advice.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi snowmen20,

I will try to summarize a post that could otherwise very long, because your questions are so open and speculations can go as far as we want...

So...

Races
No proof. There are people here and elsewhere to talk of many different races, like they know those as biologists on earth know the different species on earth. This is only speculation.

Credible accouts tend to point towards mainly three races: the greys, the reptilians (sometimes insectoids), the pleiadians/nordics. These seem to dominate account of 3rd type encounters.

Origins
Again, no proof. Only some speculations due to the fact that we can observe some stars very similar to the sun, at distances that seem "more realistic" than others.

Some people argue that some aliens come from Orion (it is not even a star!), Pleiades (not a star, but a *very* young cluster), Earth (!!!).

Amongst the credible hypothesis of sun sister stars that could possibly harbor life as we know it:
Zeta 2 Reticuli (a planet was announced, later retracted)
18 Scorpii (so far the star that's the most like the sun)
Alpha Centauri (both stars are pretty much like the sun, we haven't found planets there yet though)
Gliese 581
There are more, and it is a passionating subject.

Advancement
The universe has been estimated to be 13.8 billions of years old. We have apparently determined or detected (I've read that somewhere, sorry no link) that planet formation has occured just about that early too. This thus leaves a possibility for planets that are several billions of years older than the earth, and even than the sun!

So all hypothesis here are as credible as others: they could be 10,000 years ahead, 1 million, 100 million (this is a little time, cosmologically speaking), or even maybe several billions of years ahead!

Proofs
We actually have no proof of:
- extraterrestrial life (this is becoming debatable with the recent Mars explorations, and other possibilities even within the solar system)
- ET's visits, abductions
- extraterrestrial planets/bodies with life

We do have proof that:
- earth-like planets around sun-like stars exist
- life, here on earth, can take multiple forms and exist in extremely harsh environments
- some things that we observe on earth are indeed unidentifiable (although that doesn't mean straight that those are extraterrestrial machines)

However, we have a lot of evidence:
- that UFO's do things we can't do
- that some things land on earth & fly around it, and do intelligent things
- given the amount of witnesses, we have evidence that some ET's have been visiting us, sometimes even interacting.

Conclusion
I hope this gives you a slightly better view. The subject is amazingly vast, and again, your questions are very open. However, it is nice to see that some people are keen to see the subject with open eyes but with some reason too (as opposed to that lunatic fringe who pretend many many things without a proof, as a truth!)...

We maybe have no proof, but in real life there are sometimes no need for proofs. In court, many cases are solved or dismissed without proper proof, but only with evidence. In this case, if I had to be the judge, the evidence I'm being shown points towards intelligent ETs, that do visit us and maybe more.

Your call to investigate with your eyes and your mind!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
WOW, thanks thats actually exactly what I was looking for, I know I should have been more specific in my questions, so I appreciate everyones patience as this is one of only a very few threads I have actually made.
Ill use the information I have for creating a more specific question next time. thanks alot!!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well Im definitely no skeptic however I have no idea who Im dealing with when it comes to aliens.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Here is ATS's very own... clifford stone talking about the heinz variety of aliens.

www.metacafe.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Snowen;
Thanks for starting what could be a very interesting thread...I have over 22 years of flying experience in the military and civilian...I have done alot of study and research on this subject and can put another 2 cents worth in for your paper...

As most Everyone knows, it is theorized that some sort of craft crashed in the desert outside Roswell, NM in 1947...whether something did or didn't is subject to ALOT of speculation...I personally believe something did crash there (Not a weather balloon) and that we grabbed it and still have it in our posession. What backs that theory up is take a look at the technological breakthroughs that occured AFTER 1947 (I'll let YOU do the research on that) But lets just say it IS significant...An absolutely AWSOME book is "The Day After Roswell" By Phillip Corso (sp) Chronicals those leaps and breakthroughs... '
As for what powers these machines is also up for debate, but some sort of gravitational drive would be used for traveling around a solar system and a magnetic drive for around individual planets (Those are the leading theories anyway) We have trains right now that use electromagnetic drives, but they are in their infancy compared to those...There have been sightings as well as several pictures and videos of unknown craft entering what can best be described as a "Worm Hole", but again, it's not "Solid" proof...but the amount of highly credible witnesses who ARE NOT known to lie or be decietful are numerous (Police, Pilots, Astronauts, Etc)...these people are trained observers and know when to dismiss something and what to look for...also, read aboout lonnie Zamora (A NM Cop) And you'll see what I mean...If you research the Roswell case, you'll see that there are lot of credible witnesses who have come out and siad "Hey...this REALLY happened"

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Funny you mention Starman. It's obscure enough that I'm going to file the fact that I've been thinking about it a lot lately and lo, and behold you bring it up here - as synchronicity.

It makes a reference to something I've theorized on that I'm finding is an increasingly common belief.

Skeptics claim that life that evolved elsewhere in the universe would look nothing like anything we've ever seen. Or that a species so advanced would use some kind of technology to scout our planet out before actually visiting. Both of these may be correct - as well as (not in opposition to) the notion that gray, reptilian, insectoid, or even Nordic beings exist.

In my theory, all three of the above ideas are part of the same phenomenon. I'll also throw in Bigfoot, for good measure
(Yes - I have a sense of humor about this. No - I'm not joking.)

What I'm getting at is that these creatures are extra-dimensional in nature, not just extra-terrestrial. Or possible they physically exist in a too-far-away-to-possibly-travel-here-physically part of the universe, and have figured out a way to observe and manipulate energy/matter remotely. The creatures people see are quite possibly genetic mutations of the local fauna & flora, made into 'avatars' for an extra-dimensional consciousness.

There is allegedly a 'hybrid program' going on, where the 'grays' are trying to combine human and 'alien' DNA, but I don't think the 'aliens' have DNA. I think they may be mutating, accelerating and mixing human and animal DNA, though. If you consider incubus/succubus 'folklore', and the fact that descriptions of 'grays' resemble a creepily tall human fetus, things start to fall into place.

This ties in with the Biblical parables of the 'Nephilim', which may hold some valuable clues as to the true nature of things. I usually cringe when people start bringing up 'scripture', but I'm of the belief that most of the stories are based on actual events - even the far-out supernatural ones.

I also entertain the notion that many truths - known and unknown - deliberately and accidentally - trickle their way into science 'fiction', for some reason. I think there is a reason (beyond simple 'popularity') that the subjects of time travel, teleportation, stargates, aliens and ancient civilizations are saturating sci-fi. And sci-fi is more popular than ever! This is another subject though.

On another note: as far as specific UFO technology goes, a good book to read is FLYING SAUCERS - SERIOUS BUSINESS by Frank Edwards. It's from the 60s, so it's likely that the same info has been presented in a more updated format more recently. But it has a section that deals with statistics of descriptions of UFO types since the late 1800s. It talks about how until around WWI, most UFO sightings were of the cylindrical "cigar-shaped" craft, and from WWI to WWII, those dropped off considerably. Then shortly thereafter, reports of the typical disc-shaped "flying-saucer" crafts became more and more frequent.

Edwards theorizes that the 'visitors' had to upgrade their technology because of the Wright brothers, and the fact that more and more humans were taking to the skies. He also acknowledges the possible influence of pop culture, particularly comic books and sci-fi affecting the statistics of sightings. It was a good read when I read it about 15 years ago, one of the reasons for my fondness of the subject.

[edit on 9/23/2008 by Teratoma]

[edit on 9/23/2008 by Teratoma]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join