It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I now understand what it means to deny ignorance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I understand what denying ignorance means now. Denying ignorance has two steps. Denying ignorance is knowing what's a lie and then in turn knowing what the truth is. I have found that there are several ways of denying ignorance.

You can deny ignorance by not showing apathy to a topic of concern that is having an effect on the nation you're living in or on the world state. If you act like you don't care about an issue you're not denying ignorance you would be perpetuating it.

I also have gotten in trouble with not denying ignorance myself when I've been surfing the web. Sometimes when I surf the web I come to a site and I don't read the site carefully enough and I'll be ignorant about something that was said on the site. Not knowing that what was on the site was false I might say something that isn't accurate. Denying ignorance is something that is really helpful to do when one surfs the internet. Cause, if you run into a bad site and you believe every word of it for its face value, the chances are, that you're probably going to get scammed unless you look at it closely.

I've denied ignorance about the way I talk. I find that it's important to tell the truth in every situation that I am in. I know that there are cases where people can lie and lies can work. I also know that people that are unsure about themselves may lie because they don't want to say the truth because they don't know what people will think about what they say. I've denied ignorance in this sense by making an effort to pay attention to what I say and how it has an effect on other people. I am denying ignorance here by caring.

I am denying ignorance by not being ignorant myself about what I think is important and what I think isn't important. I may think that something is completely irrelevant to me but if I deny ignorance say that irrelevant thing-- may not be so irrelevant to me-- if I realize what the impact it has on me is.

We need to deny ignorance in our entire life. Not just here on ATS. But so we can stare society in the face, so we can overcome subliminal advertisements that are pretty much everywhere, and so we can keep ourselves from falling into common pitfalls that other people happen to get into because they are apathetic towards others and they don't deny ignorance.

I believe I now truly understand what it means to deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, anytime you are surfing the web, you have to keep a couple of things in mind.

1. Anyone can say and damn thin they want to on the internet. There isn't any regulatory force over the internet, so it's hard to know beyond a shadow of a doubt whether information is factual.

2. Things change, not all information posted on the net is up to date.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I understand what denying ignorance means now. Denying ignorance has two steps. Denying ignorance is knowing what's a lie and then in turn knowing what the truth is.

Or what the "TruthS" COULD be.

If you see a lie and accept a truth as a replacement, there is no problem....what then?

How do you know the new truth is not also a lie?

How many "truths" could there be?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I understand what denying ignorance means now. Denying ignorance has two steps. Denying ignorance is knowing what's a lie and then in turn knowing what the truth is.

Or what the "TruthS" COULD be.

If you see a lie and accept a truth as a replacement, there is no problem....what then?

How do you know the new truth is not also a lie?

How many "truths" could there be?

I know if the truth is not a lie if it stands up to scrutiny. If it is false as well... then... I don't know.

There are a lot of truths out there.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I appreciate the play on words...
normally the saying goes something like, "deny the facts/truth"
or just to be in "denial"...
unaware of the facts/truth or to be willfully ignorant... to know but not know

so by saying "deny ignorance"... we actively reject the position of not-knowing

...it is our quest to face the unknown and attempt to know it

[edit on 25-9-2008 by The All Seeing I]

top topics

join