It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat - Unknown Error

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I attempt to login to the chat and I get an 'Unknown Error' window. This morning I simply alt+f4'ed the window, clicked chat again and then was able to login just fine.

I just attempted to login again and got the message and after four or five times closing the window and opening it again I still have the same problem.

It is 12:50 am at the time of this post and I began trying off and on at around...11:30?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

Yeah I get that quite often actually....usually i log off ATS completely, close the window and then log back on and it works

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I can't get into chat at all now. Is it down again??

It just says "connecting" and when I tried with a different browser, I got an "access forbidden" error.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike
Same thing I am getting Heike. The connection bar doesn't even move. I left it running for about 10 minutes at one point and nothing had changed.

I pinged host400.123flashchat.com and it shows it responding, but somehow it's not connecting through FireFox.

edit to add: OK, I just tried it again and now I am not even getting the loading bar. host400.123flashchat.com still pings OK though.

TheRedneck

[edit on 23-9-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Im not getting in at all.

This version of chat seems mighty tempermental. Please don't take away chat from us, it's one of the best perks of this site.

Somehow tho I am suspecting a masonic conspiracy at work here. (looks at Rockpuck and Mirthfull Me)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I also cant get in tonight...

I had some issues las night, but managed to get in after a few tries...

I hope its nothing *serious*, I like Chat...

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I checked out chat for the first time last week. I found it highly disturbing. But I am easily disturbed. It is a strange brew.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I still get the error that the OP is talking bout even when chat is working. Im not sure what it means but its extremely annoying

It appears as though this version of chat needs to be looked at a bit IMO. There seems to be too many errors with it

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
-.- what else is there to do at 5:46 am after 3 days of no sleep???? Hope chat gets fixed soon, bored out of my skull

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
-.- what else is there to do at 5:46 am after 3 days of no sleep???? Hope chat gets fixed soon, bored out of my skull

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

Maybe it is just going through some developmental changes. I am sure chat is just confused about all those feelings and changes going on right now...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hmm,

At the moment the skin template wont load for me , hasn't loaded for a good hour and a bit i reckon , hopefully it works soon.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm so terribly alone...

...here in chat.

Get offa yer bums people! It's back!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES
Sorry general, I am still not getting anything... anyone else stioll locked out?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Try clearing your browser cache.

We miss you.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You have to totally log out and then log in again.

Sooo annoying

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I get the error message, but I just refresh the page and eventually it works just fine. Sometimes I close it and go back and it works, but usually refreshing a few times works for me.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It worked first time for me these last few times I attempted to log in. It appears that the problem is fixed...at this moment and for me at least.

edit: Haha, nevermind.

[edit on 9/24/0808 by spines]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
If you'd see this thread and in particular this post I keep trying to explain it. lol

Is an annoying issue I know, but not one ATS can fix itself.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nothing works except trying repeatedly until it logs in!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

I hear what your sayin, but people are going to complain untill it is fixed. Just what happens.

Its annoying, the 'unknown error' message, especially considering I can't hardly EVER get in. I have got the error 20 times in a row before, I usually just give up and chat on aim.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join