It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC shut down - what's really going on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So as i'm sure many of us here already know, CERN's Large Hadron Collider has been shut down for "at least two months" due to a $6.6 billion magent failure.

Source
news.bbc.co.uk...

Am i the only one here who is highly suspicious of both the timing of the "failure" as well as the length of time the LHC will now be "switched off"?

I was wondering if anyone has any further info on this - what is really going on here?

It is my 2 cents worth that more 'experimental' activities may be being conducted at the facility during this two-month lay-off and that any 'black' or secret tests will occur over the newt two months, making it a very interesting time for the LHC.

I wonder what could be going on there during this period? We should all keep our minds firmly focused on the LHC during these two months and pay attention to anything unusual...

Afterall, this is THE EASIEST way to put the LHC under the radar for a few months - "Oh, its broken, sorry. Ignore us for two months now please...."

Paranoid? Maybe.
Not wanitng to be fooled? Defintely.

(Just wanted to add that I am aware that this is most probably just a magnet failure and nothing sinister, but in this world i dont think much should be taken on face value - hence my questioning)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A microscopic black hole damaged the magnets and flew off to the center of the earth. The earth will be devoured by it within 2 months, but by then it will be too late and nobody will give the scientists grief while we unknowingly wait for it to devour us...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lecter

Which is impossible since they haven't even been gotten to the point of colliding anything yet.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX
reply to post by Lecter

Which is impossible since they haven't even been gotten to the point of colliding anything yet.

I know something else that's impossible... you having a sense of humour.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
lol since billion$ are flowing around the world they make up an excuse to get a piece of the pie.

brilliant.

Now wouldn't that be a conspiracy?

But anyways I don't worry too much about the LHC, its just all the global things at the moment that make me a bit nervous.

If there is a new cold war they improved it big time.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sure, I'll be extra paranoid in the next 2 months. You never know...

I'll post back in late November is nothing occurs till then.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Could it even just be that they are unsure of the outcomes of the scheduled collisions, so to avoid something unforseen unfolding in front of the world's eyes, they shut down, do the first collisions in "private" so-to-speak.

Then when the time comes for first official collision, the world can watch and nothing unforseen will occur as they have already mapped the likely scenarios and outcomes.

I actually think this is highly likely.

Also, this way if the world ends they won't be blamed

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

Yeah, because it was just so damn funny.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Maybe it is a complex piece of machinery that takes time to repair and calibrate? Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
my concern is when has anybody private or public, put up billions of dollars for scentific experiments for pure alturistic reasons? although noble in the context of discovering the "big bang theory", you have to deduce that there is alot more to it then pure scientific wonder.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
They know it works and they don't want to use it again until they US election is over.

It's only purpose is to open the gates of hell and infuse Obama with his Nephillim Superpowers in the process...

So here it is... Obama wins after the inauguration, Obama goes to Europe and stops at Cern where he goes to "watch" a test of this thing

They fire it up... wind starts to blow, really aggressive techno music comes on, electricity fills the air, Obama and the SS start to transform into Demons growing larger and larger

The Music gets faster and faster

The worm hole opens.... he laughs now 121 feet tall... his wings spread out

The Demon Army marches into the heart of Europe while the antichrist stands and watches, a grim smile on his face

This is my prediction, I'm gonna stand by it

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
A program i saw about it, a person expected before it started, they would have problems for months. So i doubt anything major is going on.

new topics

top topics

join