It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Succeeded in QUITTING SMOKING.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I, through the help of Big Pharma, have recently succeeded in QUITTING SMOKING CIGARETTES. I used Chantix. Anyone else?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those hollier than thou, "It'll kill you" people. I'm fine with people who continue to smoke. But it was time for me to quit and I've DONE IT after something like 20 years. Hopefully it won't be too late to prevent the "big worries."

I think it's fitting to post this in the "Survival" thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
[HIGH FIVE]

I am day 6 smoke free.....

same prescription. Chantix..

The pill kind of makes me feel crappy but after the first day jitters....

Not one urge to smoke so now I am just counting down the days until I can stop taking the pill

I would recommend it as well..

For me I was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker...

I agree with you that I am not against smokers, heck I am/was one, my wife and I just decided to stop.

Congrats on your success

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

Hello cryingindian

I,m 20 a day in Ireland, are they available here. And, also tell me you must need will power too, is that right or not.

I so want to stop smoking

Al

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Congratulations to you! I quit August 19, 2001, and I'm still just as proud as I can be. It was HARD! I used patches and herbal cigarettes. Never heard of Chantix.

I still love the smell of smoke, but I know I'll not smoke again.

Hang in there Jack.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

That's awesome! I am so happy for you! That is just fantastic!

I used Chantix. Anyone else?

I tried Chantix and Nicotrol (both made me sick) and then OTC things like gum (bleck!) and patches (wouldn't stay on due to my lotion obsession). No luck yet. It's HARD. Got to admit- I'm jealous of you. Quitting smoking is the biggest challenge in my life at the moment. I didn't smoke a single ciggie throughout my pregnancy or while breast feeding but then picked it right back up after being off of them for over a year. STUPID! lol

Now it's harder than ever. I sure am proud of you, though!

[edit on 9/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I did the same. I'm over four months now!

But I got off the Chantix after week two. (I swear it stole IQ points.) Scary stuff, but worked!

Grats.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Fourty years at a pack or more a day. Quit before for 6 years. I am now at 30 days and smoke free. Will power only as I only want to quit smoking cigs and not something else. Besides, more money saved. Good luck all on quitting.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Congratulations!

I quit a 20 year habit cold turkey 3 years ago. One year before my NDE. I firmly believe had I not been a non smoker for that year to get my lungs healthier I would not have survived my double pneumonia and empeyma. So you may have just saved your life.

When I quit I was inspired by a story of a dark hospice social room with these melted burn stains all over the linoleum checkered floor. Everywhere a melted spot. Then I learned these spots were caused by cancer patients (from smoking) sitting in wheelchairs that refused to quit. These people were dying in their wheelchairs and dropping their last cigarette on the floor. Next to their lifeless body the cigarette continued to deliver it's poison and forever mark the spot of the death. What a terrible visual...I didn't want to make my mark on that floor but that was where I was heading if I didn't find the strength to quit.

Stay strong and be proud of yourself!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I am very happy you have quit smoking. I know how hard it is to quit I have tried. I was just wondering how your moods are while on those pills. How long was it before you saw any changes in your smoking habits? How much the pills cost and how long have you been taking them?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Congratulations to all the reformed smokers

I quit on October 24, 2003: the day of the memorial service for a friend who died of lung cancer. I had been smoking for 16 years, between a pack and 2 packs a day. It took will power, a lot of family and friends support, and a willingness to let myself act a little bit crazy for a few months.

Good luck to all!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Congrats CryingIndian!!- I should really quit smoking too... I've tried a few times, but not very seriously- but I'm sure I'll do someday

top topics

join