It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was attacked today. I am stunned.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Nothing on you personally..
Just on my "fellow americans" in general..
People are soo involved in their own little worlds and boxes that they are blissfully ignorant to the poverty that is practically right next door to them.

It's a very good way to win an argument when you know the other side of the argument is verboten.

If poverty creates crime, why didn't either of my grandfathers make a habit of robbing people or attacking them in the streets? I mean, it wasn't an unwillingness to work. One was a coal miner and the other worked in and retired from factories. At times there was no factory work (the great depression), and coal mining at the time barely paid for the essentials of life. Could it be that certain ideas that people cherish so much today, and that are believed as absolute truths, are actually lies?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I did not read all the replies but here a thought. Why not make your payments on line? I make my Wells-Fargo car payments on line. Here is where I make mind.

Wells-Fargo payments

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by sir_chancealot

If we are in cqb, and you are face to face with me, do you think I am going to pull it, go into a weaver stance, and say "Freeze!"?

I would hope you were smarter than that, but I don't know you.

I don't have a name for this particular move, but I am well familiar with it. And like I said, I will feed the gun down your new throat. There are very effective moves to combat the 'hip position' in close combat.

Beware what these self-defense classes teach you. There's good info in them, but no one technique is best in every situation. I learned my 'tricks' from street fighters, Vietnam vets, and a few friends who were heavily into martial arts.

Do me one favor? Use a nice expensive gun. That way, maybe I'll just keep it for a souvenir...

TheRedneck

LOL! Sorry amigo, but I simply can no longer control myself. I think your " Tricks " are all in your head. You are obvious alive, so I can only assume you have NEVER engaged in a gun fight. I'd be more inclined to take you seriously if you would drop the false bravado tough guy crap. Nuff said . To the OP . You did what you did and you are okay. It is however by no means over. You will run this scenario through your head a hundred times. The feelings of vulnerability will linger until YOU prep to the point of feeling & being responsibly for your safety . I am certain there are many competent folks who can help you with any methods you chose. You sound like a lady who is willing to do what it takes. Just do it !!!!! Cheers.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun

SO all I can say is say this. I learned today that the "boogeyman' so to speak may not be packaged as you expect,and if your brain says there is a problem there probably is. I am very sad.

You know, parents will tell their children that there is no such thing as monsters... But have a single experience like you had, and you quickly learn the truth... There are people in this world who behave in a monstrous way. They aim to hurt the innocent and scare them.

Monsters come in all shapes, sizes, colors, races, religions and genders...

I saw a thread here the other day about a 10 year old little girl being tortured and attacked by another girl as a group of 20 kids just stood there, recording it and laughing... This girl was dragged around, kicked, hit, had her face showed into a pile of dog crap... and.... Monsters just come in all shapes and sizes.

That man that attacked you, is a horrible human being...He said you don't belong there... Well a man who is able and willing to knock down a woman and do what he did... HE doesn't belong in civilized society....

That man is a monster. But you know what? Monsters should not be feared. They should not be allowed to get away with monstrous acts....I am proud of how you handled yourself...

And I just hope, that your monster learns his lesson before he attacks the wrong person... Just wait, one day he will do something like that, and the person he attacks will be armed with a gun... Something like that...

I hope you feel better, the whole thing sucks and gets me a bit upset to think it happened to you and I don't even know you.... So, hang in there and should you need to talk, I am just a U2U away.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
as long as you are ok, thats all that matters, hopefully someone will teach them a lesson and they will become good citizens.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexasGunMan
You really should consider getting your CCW for just those kind of situations. The second you became fearful of your life you could have legally drawled your weapon and mostly likely stop the attack without even firing a shot. In any case a gun(with the proper training ) could have saved you from a needless attack. I hope you will in the near future consider getting a gun and taking a course to properly handle it. And remember when seconds count the Police are only minutes away. Good Luck TGM

What's a CCW? (For those of us outside the USA).
I would not put someone who can't write at more than a 6 year old (New Zealand)or 7 or 8 year old (American) level in charge of a "weapon" - honestly, TexasGunMan, diid you ever graduate from kindergarten? Drawled? "and mostly likely stop the attack" should be "have stopped" (past tense.)

No wonder gun crime is so rife in the USA! Can you even read the instructions? If you had to have licences for your guns in the USA, would you sign yours with an X?

Rowan Atkinson in the comedy "The Thin Blue Line" played a police officer in charge of giving or refusing gun licences. He always refused on the grounds that if anyone wanted a gun, they were not sane enough to have one. If she had one, the OP could have been in for a much worse experience.
It's men versus women in the USA from what I hear. She'd have been in court so fast her head would spin, because from what I hear no American court would believe a woman when she said she was attacked first!
I really feel for you, OP and hope you're getting over your shock.
Y'know, all the macho men in this thread were making me vomit! I got up to page 7 and couldn't take it any more...
edit on 8/5/11 by Vicky32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

That's awful! I am glad you are OK. Of course forgetting is most likely out of the question right now, huh? I live about 70 miles south of you, it seems every night on local Columbus news they report on crime in Columbus. A lot of crime. Please, next time drive you car. And buy a gun/taser/pepper spray to protect yourself.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It sounds to me like 'he' was showing off to his friends.

I agree with a lot of this post - but next time - take your dogs with you. You said they would protect you.

Two dogs that would protect you is a very good protection device. To me - much better than a gun, knife or pepper spray. The dogs Can NOT be used against you.

For the record - I am NOT against guns - we carry in the car with all the permits etc. I have been shooting all my life (well since I was about 10-11) and hubby and son are also crack shots. We have a good sized collection. So Just Saying - in this situation - I believe the dogs are your best option.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You go to an office to make your car payment? A few years ago they started this thing called the US Mail and banks also started checking accounts, many are free. . Most companies also let you pay online. I would suggest using the technology that has been created to make tasks such as bill-pay much easier.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
... I wonder how long it's going to take before the recent posters in the last couple of pages realize that this thread goes back to 2008...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I realize this could have been so much worse and probably wasn't because while I believe this person will probably cross over to criminal at some point, he's not there yet.

I realize this is an old post, but yes, he has crossed over to criminal.

He assaulted you (a crime). There's no telling what he would have done had he had a bat or knife instead. Count yourself lucky, but don't kid yourself that this man isn't a criminal. You should carry a stun gun though. Can you imagine the look on his face after you stun him and give him a good kick in the face a couple of times, then leave?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

CCW is Concealed Carry Weapon.

Legal not only in the USA (most states) but part's of Europe as well

I find that a lot of the foaming-at-the-mouth anti-gun brigade are also anti-self-defence as well.
These are people to be given a very wide berth, they are almost certainly mentally ill.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
reply to post by Vicky32

CCW is Concealed Carry Weapon.

Legal not only in the USA (most states) but part's of Europe as well

I find that a lot of the foaming-at-the-mouth anti-gun brigade are also anti-self-defence as well.
These are people to be given a very wide berth, they are almost certainly mentally ill.

Who are mentally ill, anti-gun people? We're not anti self defence. It's just that we well I, and no doubt others) think aside from anything else, that bringing guns into self defence often makes things much worse than they already are!)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Damn> I was attacked today. I am stunned

I cant even imagine what your headline would of been if something really bad happened to you. Did you at least say thanks, I mean, it was hot, and do you think you made a bid deal about it?
Was it really that serious to say 'ATTACK?'

Did the super soker assassin really say 'you don’t belong around here' or did you add that for dramatics?
Did you clip him up, are you leaving something out?

TextI walked one block down so far so good. The second block I started to see gang graffiti and got a little nervous. The third block I saw apartment complexes that I wouldn't let my dog live in and thought damn I feel sorry for people that have to live like this day in and day out. I didn't see anyone on the street though so I relaxed a little and got to the strip mall.

If you wasnt thinking so negative then maybe uncomfortable negative things wouldn’t had happened to you that day... as far as clipping a little kid up and calling him names and such.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join