It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was attacked today. I am stunned.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahdiblah
So you got sprayed with a super soaker by some kid? Why is this in the survival forum? You got a little wet and feared for your life?

Kids play pranks on people all the time. I've been egged a few times no biggie, i'd rather get soaked to be honest.

This one time a guy threw an egg at me from a moving car and i caught the egg and threw it straight back at the car then ran of.

Cant you run?

I CAN run. I can run like the wind. I felt that running through that neighborhood at that moment in time may have drawn the wrong attention to me. It could of had serious consequences. Could I have outrun all three? I don't know.

As for kids play pranks all the time, yes they do. One of my points was if he had a weapon in his hand or even a stick my reaction would have been different. I could not comprehend the level of violence coming at me and the guy holding a water gun. It didn't make logical sense.

I have read every post and have been greatfull for the advice I have gotten. It opened my eyes, HOWEVER even when people were saying are you crazy to go to a neighborhood you didn't know while you were alone? They said it with kindness and to help. Your post in my opinion wasn't to help at all. I'm not sure of the motivation. Guess it takes all kinds.

I was thinking about taking my dogs with me. My first thought was I wouldn't want them to get hurt. Maybe that should be my new safety gage. If I am not willing to take my dogs with me, I shouldn't be there.

Just to update, I feel much more like myself. I now have the means to protect myself without having to kill anyone. I have also called the city to start the process for a CCW. I don't know that I will really ever carry a weapon, but to have the option I have decided is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

This one time a guy threw an egg at me from a moving car and i caught the egg and threw it straight back at the car then ran of.

Thats kinda ironic I think cause just 3 weeks ago here in the same city Im living in and bashing on... a kid did that same thing and ended up getting shot in the face--- tell me my citys not bad

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
I was thinking about taking my dogs with me. My first thought was I wouldn't want them to get hurt. Maybe that should be my new safety gage. If I am not willing to take my dogs with me, I shouldn't be there.

Just to update, I feel much more like myself. I now have the means to protect myself without having to kill anyone. I have also called the city to start the process for a CCW. I don't know that I will really ever carry a weapon, but to have the option I have decided is a good thing.

It's good to hear you're feeling more yourself again
I think that's a pretty good safety gauge for the future (assuming your dogs aren't miniature chihuahuas or something).

I also really hope you can grow to see this as a triumph. If you will feel more comfortable carrying a gun, that is your right. But I think you did a perfect job handling the situation. It was not a "prank", it was an assault. But you kept your head and didn't do anything to escalate it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I have also called the city to start the process for a CCW. I don't know that I will really ever carry a weapon, but to have the option I have decided is a good thing.

Well if you get a carry permit my suggestion would be to get used to carrying it ALL the time. Don't think "well I will only carry if I think I may need it" because that guarantees you won't have if/when you need it.

There are some very nice pieces designed for women, the Lady Smith and Wesson line is good; they are lightweight and compact and that is important because if it makes your bag too heavy you won't carry it. Maybe you should go shopping to cheer yourself up. : )

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticDNA
Thats kinda ironic I think cause just 3 weeks ago here in the same city Im living in and bashing on... a kid did that same thing and ended up getting shot in the face--- tell me my citys not bad

Oh no! Did he get shot by white trash? I couldn't resist. I don't think you are a racist but because you are white you felt comfortable using an ethnic slur to describe whites, and we both know you would NOT have used a similar slur to descibe the asian or african-american teenagers that harrassed the op. Sure we may use terms of that nature in private conversation but on a bulletin board it reflects a double standard, and I am waging a personal war against such double standards.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crgintx

You are quite correct in your assesment of "the industry" and I do not doubt at all that you saw plenty from the inside. You know, and I know what the real deal is there, but unfortunately the girl I was talking about didn't. Not fully anyway. She was raised a bit sheltered to begin with, and in her desperate position, didn't want to hear the truth from people like me and a few others who were very concerned for her. I think the worst thing for me is that she really was a good mother, and I hate to think of what her little girl is going through now living in a group home.

To the OP, sorry this conversation has strayed so far, and I don't want you to think that I am trying to "make excuses" for the scumbag that jumped you. I just like to take a step back and look at the bigger picture when dealing with social issues. But like I said before, if a rabid animal attacks you, kill it, don't ask why it has rabies. But on the other hand, that doesn't absolve us of the responsibility to try to keep "rabies" to a minimum among the wildlife.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Oh no! Did he get shot by white trash? I couldn't resist. I don't think you are a racist but because you are white you felt comfortable using an ethnic slur to describe whites, and we both know you would NOT have used a similar slur to descibe the asian or african-american teenagers that harrassed the op. Sure we may use terms of that nature in private conversation but on a bulletin board it reflects a double standard, and I am waging a personal war against such double standards.

I'm not sure what your saying but I think your accusing me of being flawed with bad double standards? Of course I could of called those harassing kids Niggers or Wet-Backs or Slant eye chinks but didn't and don't really care what ethnicity they were im tired of hearing these same story's over and over. I'm just going by what I know, lots of areas of the city are blights just like what I described & im going on the idea of: If it looks like a duck and quacks like one its a duck and came from that sewage filled pond 20 feet away.

Think of these areas of my city as radioactive war zones , you can leave but you genes are tainted for life no matter how good of a person you were before the bomb was dropped and its gonna take a LONG time to fix it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I just hope you aren't one of those guys that always ends up "saving" abused people, especially women, that end up in amazingly bad situations though "no fault of their own" because those relationships often do not end well.

Well, if you are talking about my romantic realtionships, you have missed the mark. My woman has never done drugs, does not have any children (because she was cautious, moral, and responsible), and has worked the same job for seven years.

But thankfully for her, she still lives at home with her father, and never had to shack-up with a guy to have a roof over her head. Even after seven years at the same job, her salary would not even cover the average rent here in the Hudson Valley, and we happen to be in one of the cheaper areas of the region.

As far as helping people, yes I do help people, when I can, so long as it does not adversely affect me. I "saved" one girl that I had dated in high-school, who later went on to become a prostitute after her first daughter was born, so that she could support her. (Long after I had lost touch with her by the way.) I hadn't seen her in years, but happened to come across her when she was trying to clean up her act. She had sent her daughter to live with her grandmother (the daughter's great-grandmother) and was living in a Plymouth Sundance coup behind a supermarket in the middle of Winter, just to avoid going back to "the life." So I offered her a room to rent. She went on to land a good job at a doctor's office and is now happily married with two more children.

Another girl I helped, just before she took the plunge. She was a practicing Catholic, with strong morals and a very uptight family. Unfortunately her mother was an evil hate-filled woman who really wanted nothing to do with her and had her hands full with a troubled son who had some legit mental deficiencies. She had lived with her father through high school, but came home from a Summer vacation trip with her best friend, to find that all of her things had been thrown out or puit into a storage unit. Her father and new stepmother had moved in to a one-bedroom condo where she was not welcome. So she moved in with her best friend.

That was not the best move for her, but she had little choice. Her best friend had been adopted, but was actually the "straight-shooter" while the natural-born son and adoptive brother was a real scumbag who was in and out of jail. The mother died, and the father was just a lazy dirty mush. The girl who I helped was renting a room from them in what amounted to a dirty crack infested and diseased boarding house type situation. The place literally had flies everywhere, maggots on the floor, cons caming and going, dirty pets, the whole bit. I finally offered to rent her a room at my place on the night that her room was raided by the police, only to find that she was in posession of stolen goods. She had foolishly taken some of the items as collateral on loans to these scumbags that were tied to her best-friend's brother, and as payment for utilities that she had payed over top of her regualr rent. (She was cleared of any "accessory" charges, returning the goods and getting stiffed on what she was owed. She was fully cooperative, while the brother and his friends went down for a very sirous burglary.) After staying with me for a few years, she went on into a career working with the mentally disabled, and was finally able to afford her own place.

Those are a few of the bigger examples of how I have tried to help people, and how it has payed off for society while costing me nothing in the process. In fact, I was glad to have the few extra bucks that they were paying me in rent, when they could and what they could.

You really believe she ended up as a stripper, living with a drug dealer, and got arrested not once, but TWICE, for drug posession and somehow she bears no responsibility for any of it, in even the tiniest way.

Sure she bears some responsibility. But by the same token, I really don't see what choice she had. Especially with a young daughter to take care of. I wish I had been able to offer her some genuine help at the time, by way of a place to stay in particular. But the only help I could give her was some friendly advice and moral support. I really didn't have any answers for her as to where she should run to, to get away from the situation she was in.

Maybe in your grand wisdom, you can tell me what I should tell a young woman in that situation. Especially one who genuinely does not want to be in it.

[edit on 9/25/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

She could have drawn it to abate the attack.

You never ever pull a gun unless you fully intend to use it. You pull a gun to "abate" an attack, you wind up dead. If you don't have the juice to use it, you have no business carrying it, and you certainly have no business pulling it.

I have brutally pistol whipped several people who pulled guns on me. One person is now blind for the rest of his life in fact, because I smashed in his face so bad.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
Don't listen to Texasgunman he is absolutely wrong. I think things may have gone an entirely different way up to and including your own weapon possibly being turned against you. I think your keeping your cool prevailed in this circumstance.

light and love,
-anyone

And so speaketh the liberal mentality. "Keep your cool and they will go away".

Well guess what, sometimes they don't go away, they kill you.

She got lucky - pure and simple, because this time the punks were just messing around, she's ok not because she kept her cool, but because they chose not to cause her serious harm.

Next time they may not be so benevolent, but hey, light and love right?

The mentality of not having a firearm because it could be turned on you belongs with the idiocy of not wearing a seatbelt in case you drive into a lake and drown.

Violence should beget violence in extremis, and Texasgunman is perfectly accurate in his assessment.

There are thousands of people in this world who would hurt you and take great enjoyment from it - you either prepare for that eventuality, or hope your luck holds out.

You just have to choose which group you belong to.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Retseh]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I was attacked today. I am fine physically, mentally I'm not so sure.

........... I am very sad.

I feel for you. It is a very upsetting event.
I have been there and you can't wrap your head around the nonsense of it all. Just jumping on people like that. Im my case it was a crackhead on something that ran after me and tried to punch me in the head and face (which i could luckily avoid by diving away every time untill he got tired and then I ran from the scene).

Try to not let it get to you to much, just stay on your guard, but don't get to obsessed with it is my simple advice.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Since you clearly did not read all of her post:

He body slams me into the ground and proceeds to spray me with this damn gun in the eyes. The pressure hurt badly. My response is "THAT HURTS,STOP IT" he doesn't. My mind said you have to get up NOW.

He assaulted her. You still find his assault on her a harmless prank?
Give me a flippn break!!

I am sure if some huge strange man attacked your mother, wife, girlfriend, sister like this.....you would be responding in a different manner.

And I'm sure if some huge strange man did this to you, you wouldn't get up and shrug it off.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by greeneyedleo]

I did read that part about getting knocked over but im skeptical, she also said she is fine and suffered no injuries be them scrapes or bruises. My main point is if you stand there staring like a stunned mullet when some huge person is running at you, well I'm sorry but its not a real smart move.

As they say 'pedestrians have the right of way' but if you stand in the middle of the freeway expecting cars to stop for you, not real smart. Since this is a survival forum ill say this 'seejanerun' in all callousness you sound like a survival liability. I wouldn't want you anywhere near me in a survival situation. You live and you learn i guess, next time think quick if someones running at you get out of the way or start running away from them.

As for if some huge huge strange man knocked me over and super soakered me, well i had a serious injury earlier in this year so i cant run to save my life 'literally' therefore im very mindful of not putting myself in stupid situations that i cant get away from. Pre-injury mindset differs alot to now, if some big guy came running at me i'd just run to a safe distance then hurl abuse
. Although i did do that to a security gaurd when skateboarding in my younger days "Come and catch me you fat renta-cop" so then he got into his car and caught me. Note to self cars are faster than legs. Ok id probably just run away.

If it happened to my sister, mother, girl friend, whatever I'd probably be nice at first, console them say thank god you are ok,luckily with the luxury of anonimity on the internet i don't have to do that in 'seejaneruns' case. So once my "insert female loved one" is calmed down i would 'school' them on putting yourself in stupid situations, lacking general awareness and not trusting there fight or flight intuition/instinct. Yeah i'd be pissed at the guy who did it but know full well the road the revenge takes you.

I love all these people responding with, oh you shoulda pulled a gun "as long as you had training of course," what somehow that makes it a responsible suggestion. Pull a gun on a kid in his own ghetto neighbourhood while your on foot? # yeah that's a brilliant idea, as long as your not expecting to walk out of the ghetto alive.

My bet is that seejanerun got herself some pepper spray. Same sort of thing you might prevent the super soakering but i doubt you'll prevent the bashing that will ensue 5 minutes after.

I CAN run. I can run like the wind. I felt that running through that neighborhood at that moment in time may have drawn the wrong attention to me. It could of had serious consequences. Could I have outrun all three? I don't know.

As for kids play pranks all the time, yes they do. One of my points was if he had a weapon in his hand or even a stick my reaction would have been different. I could not comprehend the level of violence coming at me and the guy holding a water gun. It didn't make logical sense.

I have read every post and have been greatfull for the advice I have gotten. It opened my eyes, HOWEVER even when people were saying are you crazy to go to a neighborhood you didn't know while you were alone? They said it with kindness and to help. Your post in my opinion wasn't to help at all. I'm not sure of the motivation. Guess it takes all kinds.

Your right my post wasn't to help you at all it was to draw attention the fact that i think your overeacting and posting on hear saying OMG!!!11 i was attacked cements that thought in my mind.

When i opened the thread i expected a mugging and or a bashing not super soakered. Maybe title your thread more accurately "Some kid in a crummy neighbourhood bolled me over and super soaked me."

Ok and lets assume he did have a weapon, insert:

A pretty confused indecisive decision making process there. Just run and think about it later because not running probably has more serious consequences.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Why do you even dare question her right to describe what happened to her in whatever detail she sees fit!

I *Dare* to question anyone I see fit to missy.
And I did not by any means censor her or condemn her.
I asked a simple question...*WHY*
So back off.

Jane, thank you for answering.
I was wondering if in fact you choose to add in the ethnicity of the youth for exactly the reasons you posted.
Thanks.
I hope you're feeling better.

...taps...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackintheboxMaybe in your grand wisdom, you can tell me what I should tell a young woman in that situation. Especially one who genuinely does not want to be in it.

You initially described the woman as “someone who grew up middle class”. I suspect maybe our definitions of middle class are different. You now describe her family as so poor they did not have a small room, or even a couch for her and her child to sleep on. In addition the kid is now in a group home. I realize some drug addicts will have a bunch of brain damaged kids and sometimes their families get overwhelmed and cannot raise them ALL, but one normal child? And not one family member who could take it in? Where is the father or the father's family? She is such a nice normal girl, who sired her offspring? There are no paternal grandparent or aunts and uncles that would help out their own blood in such a dire situation? That is not a common circumstance among "normal" and non-dysfunctional middle class families.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The OP lives in this neighborhood but doesn't realize that the Hood is 4 blocks down? I call shennanigans. For real though. Sounds like someone with an overactive imagination if you ask me. In fact, more an more lately I'm seeing an inordinate number of people on the internet who belong to this "Cult of Victimization" if for no other reason than half of you people take them at their word and don't bother to find out the truth. I hate to see it show up here though. (Also, I have Canc =er and wish you would donate to my Amazon.com wish list please!)

Bleh

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
The OP lives in this neighborhood but doesn't realize that the Hood is 4 blocks down? I call shennanigans.

Yes it can happen. You ever been to Houston? I was surprised at how the neighborhoods change from rich to scary in just a few blocks. Plus some folks just aren't "aware" of the signs. I have lived in my neighborhood for over 10 years, there is a gas station about a mile from my house (closest one) that I rarely visit because I always head the other direction. One day I needed cigarettes and forgot to buy them and decided to visit that place and MY GOD i was shocked, it had gotten bad (as in seedy thugs and others walking there from the surrounding neighborhood) and I had no idea it was that bad.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

Im so sorry.But Im glad you are ok now
Sometimes we think that this kind of things are not going to happened to us...but everyone are exposed to it.Violence is everywhere,and I know ...
my country is unsafe and dangerous.
Boys under 14 years are carrying a gun and nobody can stop him.
They can go to prision because they are under age but they can use a gun and take our life out.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
The OP lives in this neighborhood but doesn't realize that the Hood is 4 blocks down? I call shennanigans. For real though. Sounds like someone with an overactive imagination if you ask me. In fact, more an more lately I'm seeing an inordinate number of people on the internet who belong to this "Cult of Victimization" if for no other reason than half of you people take them at their word and don't bother to find out the truth. I hate to see it show up here though. (Also, I have Canc =er and wish you would donate to my Amazon.com wish list please!)

Bleh

Please read this again. I walked 2 miles to make a car pymt. The street this happened on was 4 blocks long. And think what you want but I did not make this up. I am not that kind of person.
As to being a victim? I may have been the other afternoon, but it wont happen again. I refuse to allow this happening to define who I am. I was tryng to point out if you have a preconceived plan as to what you may or may not do in any given situation, it doesn't always work that way, you need a plan B.
Who do you think you are? Having never met me in 1 paragraph you call me a liar and a member of a cult of victimization? You don't even know me. Tell you what. Come to Columbus, I will take you exactly where it happened and we can wait for them to come out and you can judge for yourself. I for one though will be carrying a gun.

One other thing I grew up in St. John Parish in La Place. I thought we southerners had more politeness in us than this. Shame on you.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by seejanerun]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
dont bother calling the cops they wont do anything when it comes to # like this... at least most cops dont... well im guessing the attackers weren't white so id say go to a biker bar get a bunch of big white skinheads and telll them some 'n-word's beat you up thats all it will take for those mother#ers to burn a house down... other than that id say carry mkase with you... once u mace someone they arent gunna be able to hit u... carry mase and some type of weapon or something

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join