It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies Warn That Al Qaeda Aims For October Surprise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Spies Warn That Al Qaeda Aims For October Surprise

www.nysun.com

WASHINGTON — In the aftermath of two major terrorist attacks on Western targets, America's counterterrorism community is warning that Al Qaeda may launch more overseas operations to influence the presidential elections in November.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh, but of course! NO ONE predicted this! *end sarcasm*

"Al CIAda is more dangerous than ever sheeples! But don't worry, we'll keep you safe, just keep sending us your last pennies you have to your name, so we can keep up our endless farcical war on terror!"

Sounds about right on time with all the other predictable BS going on...

Call it Osama bin Laden's "October surprise." In late August, during the weekend between the Democratic and Republican conventions, America's military and intelligence agencies intercepted a series of messages from Al Qaeda's leadership to intermediate members of the organization asking local cells to be prepared for imminent instructions.

www.nysun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't belive Al Qaeda has any current ties to the CIA. To think so would be paranoid and delusional. That being said yeah it's totaly plauseble Bin Laden could attack to try and influence the election. Al Qaeda's done it in the past in Spain and other places. I can also see the masses of sheeple voting out of fear. Personaly if there were an attack it wouldn't influence my vote one bit.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't get it. (once more)
If the government is aware of a plot, wouldn't they keep it secret so not to let the terrorists know that they know and counter them at their most valnerable and exposed position. Now the terrorist need to reschedule. "Novemebr Surprise" seems an original name for a coup.
Or is there another meaning behind this headline ?

Let me guess. Be scared. Be scared at all times.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Look, over there!.. a distraction!

the economy who?... i havent got time for your jibberjabbish, havent you heard, alqaeda is about to attack!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Haha so true. Slight of hand. Make them watch what you want them to, and then the real trick happens when they are looking the other direction.

It's almost too perfect.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The only organization trying to influence the presidential elections in November is the current US administrative organization.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I don't belive Al Qaeda has any current ties to the CIA. To think so would be paranoid and delusional. That being said yeah it's totaly plauseble Bin Laden could attack to try and influence the election. Al Qaeda's done it in the past in Spain and other places. I can also see the masses of sheeple voting out of fear. Personaly if there were an attack it wouldn't influence my vote one bit.

Oh really...so when I read something like this it makes me think that spy agencies and "special forces" dont have ties.

www.theinsider.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I agree the CIA is not Al Qaeda, though I think that Al Qaeda wants us over there, because it's excellent PR for their cause.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have to laugh at that one but you know what the economy is so screw and the biggest scam is going right now under America's citizens noses, I don't think that this time AlCIADA is going to become very important for anybody.

To tell the truth the biggest terrorist act is going on right now in congress the first and second lieutenants of AlCIADA goes by the names of Paulson and Benanke.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

To tell the truth the biggest terrorist act is going on right now in congress the first and second lieutenants of AlCIADA goes by the names of Paulson and Benanke.

True actually I think their code names are (Eternal optimist ) & (Black sunshine)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Al Qaeda is attacking in October?

You mean, just like they did in August? ... err... we're supposed to...
... They said September 11th this year aswell... no, wait, nothing happened then either.

... um...

... they said July... no... nothing happened.

... June? ... nope.

... last year? ...

The year before that?

... the last few years?

... ANY time after 2001?

Huh...

Well. Eventually... after a few more decades, just maybe someone will try again, at least then CIA will have a .000001 % Accuracy rating.

Hey, it's better than flat Zero.

Until then we've got a REAL problem on our hands... death due to falling construction equipment. Way more people have died from that... we simply MUST wage a war on gravity obeying hammers!

[edit on 22-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Heh, yeah your right Marg.. still its amusing watching them try!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Tell them to bring the buns. We will have the hot dogs and burgers on the grill when they get here.

I'm still waiting for them to show up 3-6 yr's ago.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
As always, Que Bono? Who benefits? It’s amazing how often Al-CIAda seem to work in the interests of the western powers they claim to oppose.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I don't belive Al Qaeda has any current ties to the CIA. To think so would be paranoid and delusional.

So in other words, if nobody thinks like you, they are automatically paranoid and delusional?

The job of the intelligence community is to deny, disrupt, deceive, degrade, or destroy information. So, IMO, if AQ still has current ties, it wouldn't be touted in any mainstream outlet.

Not saying you are right or wrong, but I think it's pretty ballsy of you to claim that believing something contrary to what you believe in this instance is considered paranoid and delusional.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
The only organization trying to influence the presidential elections in November is the current US administrative organization.

The USAO? Who are they?

plucky is confused.

top topics

join