It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic of UFO. possible black ops project

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
In mid 1995, I was out hunting UFO's. I had my trusty Minolta 7000i dinax SLR camera and tripod at the ready and was camped out on Jubilee tower, Which overlooks the M6 and Blackpool and is approximately 8 miles East of Lancaster.

The night was relatively calm, with broken clouds and a full moon. At approximately 1.50am I began to see a bright white light heading in my direction.

I looked intently at it and observed it to be moving from side to side as it flew forwards. It was travelling almost parallel with the M6 motorway. There was no noise coming from it and it took roughly 5 minutes to fly over me and eventaully over the hills behind me. It was not travelling fast.

My immediate thought was that the pilot must have had too much to drink. As it got closer, I could clearly see no other lights (port/starboard red and greens or any other flashing lights to indicate it as a conventional aircraft) so i began taking picture after picture and hoped that the light from the full moon would give me the shot I was after... and I got it.

At first, the object just looks like it is a fault on the picture, and for anyone who had no idea what to look for may completely miss it.

Here is the picture itself..

Along with the original negative (for anyone with the ability to have a proper look at this object.)

So in this next image, I have cropped and enlarged the obect itself. I have adjusted colour, brightness and contrast in an attempt to highlight the three 'porthole' lights which are directly to the right of the main light.

I have a newspaper cutting of this which shows them more clearly and I'll upload that when I can get my hands on it.

But this is not all... The next bit is a bit hard to explain. There appears to be some form of 'flare' or maybe a 'field' of some sort which originates from the main light and extends outwards in an almost perfect sphere.
If you look at this cropped section, you can just make out what I mean. It looks like a blue haze here.

What has me confused is this, if it was caused by the glow of the light, then the haze should be centralised around the light as you can see a similar effect around the moon. The objects haze extends forwards of the craft.
Combined with how this craft was travelling, some have suggested that I may have un-knowingly photographed an anti-gravity field.

I know there are some real wizzards here on ATS that can do wonders with investigating anomolies in photos, so I invite any and all to do as best a study as they can manage.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Where I come from we call that "object" the moon. And the wispy things we refer too as clouds. It is a pretty picture of both though and for that, good job!
Vance

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
vance has never had any experiences so it's expected to get an ignorant response.

Now, I've seen this same object 2 nights ago, bright glow. Appearing and disappearing. I think it is something but I just don't know. Waiting on the experts. seems like ufo interest is declining lately. I've seen this not just once, but about three times. It is odd.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Ferengi]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Vance, let me point out that the moon is on the left side of the photo and the ufo is on the right hand side of the main picture.

You'll have to click on the picture to see it in its entirity otherwise you'll only see the moon and the cropped bits.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

You'll have to click on the picture to see it in its entirity otherwise you'll only see the moon and the cropped bits.

No, clicking on the pictures brings you to a

ERROR: You've Requested A Page
That No Longer Exists

page.

Sooooo. Fix that little snafu and we'll be all set to look at the full-sizers.

H2H
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Thanks for noticing that Cuhail...

Am trying to fix the problem now, though can't understan why this has happened

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
that happens on every image i click on here at ATS... just right click it and select 'view image' and then u should see the entire image
but yeh interesting pic cant wait the hear from the experts

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Kr0nZ]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Thank you Kr0nz for that tip.

It does work doing what you suggest...

I'm having a hard time understanding what the problem is with the pictures..
They are hosted on photobucket and are there now. The links are correct too otherwise they wouldn't display the pictures.

I'm a bit baffled..

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Link to full size # 1

Link to full size # 2

Link to full size # 3

If we knew the exact date and time of the observation, then we would be able to recreate the celestial bodies' positions, in order to rule them out/use them as points of reference, etc. One thing i've noticed is that the negative itself has some issues like scratches, glitches etc, but the object pointed out in the OP looks to be an actual object. Sorry for not being helpful, i honestly have no idea what it could be.
Thank you for sharing

[edit on 23/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hiya Internos.

Thank you for the input. I can give a rough approximate date as this picture made it into several newspapers and was even looked at by the British UFO magazine (RIP Graham Birdsall) for which I had a reply letter stating they had no idea what it is.

Nick Pope from the MOD had even taken it onto TV in a short chat show he was on.

So, I'll dig out the newspaper cuttings a bit later to get a more closer dating of the event.

I've been wanting to put this up on ATS ever since I first joined but did not have access to the image until now.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
it certainly looks like what you have there is an over exposed moon and aome glare as a result of said moon being quite bright, did you take any other photos?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It might be a light airplane following IFR using the radio navaids in the area.

A plane tracking radials may well appear to sway from side to side as it "homes in" on a particular radial, and would not neccesarily be heard over ambient noise / prevailing wind.

An overview of this planes supposed track towards Blackpool/Warton airport using the Pole Hill VOR and Warton NDB in the close area.

Charts available to public show runway 28 in use at Blackpool airport would put traffic on this general path.

[used Jubilee tower coords, NATS charts, GE navaids overlay]

It may be a single engine piston General aviation airplane, with a light in the spinner or in the front, and layout of port/stbd lights not ideal for ground observer (ie.point up) ie. Piper Tomahawk Image analysis theory here, seeing the plane is v difficult, there might just be a hint of port wing edge, nb; plane graphic perspective not the same.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
yo, ive flagged this as its my local area (blackpool)

i have trouble seeing what is in the pics, but i have no hessitation in saying it was most likely black ops / secret testing.

i only say this as from one direction to where you are, you have blackpool, but more importantly warton RAF base, where BAE systems are based, and the other direction is lancaster, where their is another RAF base.

scince staying in blackpool (about 3 years now) i have seen loads of weird aircraft heading over blackpool to lancaster, and a few things ive not been able to explain, not to mention some black helicoptors

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm really going to upset you now but I think what you saw was the mail plane which flies over Liverpool and follows the M6 north. I've seen it quite a few times and if you see it from certain angles it can look strange and mysterious. This plane has been the result of quite a few UFO sightings especially in the Pendle Hill area of Lancashire.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Extra, I don't deny at all that you saw what you claim to have seen. I must say I am disappointed with the photographic results (no fault of your own though for trying). Keep snapping pics my friend, and hopefully soon we can capture something that keep the skeptics at bay. Until then, this will be in the 'grey basket/fuzzy ball of light in the night sky category.

Since you are camera savvy, I would highly recommend capturing more objects on video, since they are moving. A camera catching a ball of light in the sky will do little to prove your case unfortunately. Capturing the movement is the key.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stringue
It might be a light airplane following IFR using the radio navaids in the area.

A plane tracking radials may well appear to sway from side to side as it "homes in" on a particular radial, and would not neccesarily be heard over ambient noise / prevailing wind.

An overview of this planes supposed track towards Blackpool/Warton airport using the Pole Hill VOR and Warton NDB in the close area.

Charts available to public show runway 28 in use at Blackpool airport would put traffic on this general path.

[used Jubilee tower coords, NATS charts, GE navaids overlay]

It may be a single engine piston General aviation airplane, with a light in the spinner or in the front, and layout of port/stbd lights not ideal for ground observer (ie.point up) ie. Piper Tomahawk Image analysis theory here, seeing the plane is v difficult, there might just be a hint of port wing edge, nb; plane graphic perspective not the same.

Another point to make is that when staring at a light in the dark it will appear to jump or move around, the smaller the point of light the more drastic it appears to jump around. So could be anything really unless it was darting around the night sky making massive movments it's hard to discern real movments of the object to the natural jumping around you get. I'm guessing every time your heart beats, every time you breath etc... small movments occur in and outside the body that in this case could cause it to appear to be bouncing around.

Now if it was going from one end of the sky to the other end ya then there's something weird going on.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
lots of valid and interesting points everyone is making here.. good to see you're all alert

Yes, picture and negative quality has kinda dropped over the years.. It wasn't exactly sat in a draw for the first few months of its life

Am still searching through boxes of my stuff looking for a date.. I know it was in June of that year..

Guess I'll have to dig up a map to show the exact flight path it was taking too.

Great stuff all ..thanks for all the input so far

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Update....

I took the picture at 1.50 am on July 8th 1995. I was facing south(ish).

I have been rummaging through all my old UFO cuttings/reports and everything else I was involved in (finally found it all buried in a box) and have a couple more images for consideration (one helps, a bit.. the other is open to interpretation along with everything else.. but that's why I'm here).

ok, first image is taken from the front page of the Lancashire and Morecambe Citizen newspaper (I think it was that one.. was in a few...) and this image was taken from an enlargement direct from the negative. It helps only to show two of the 'porthole' lights...

This next image is what all the fuss is about... Remember I mentioned that some thought this may be a picture of an anti gravity field.... well, back in '97 I used ACDsee software to help me unravel the picture...and this was oneof the most striking images of this strange haze that encircles the far front end of the craft...

Feel free to match up the pictures..feel free to try to get similar or better results with the original pic at top.. I've waited quite a while to get this online properly..

Anyway, here is what I had found...

The black fuzzy ball to the right is what I and others were deeply in discussion of... Yes, we were all impressed with the 'craft' and what I had captured, but it was by pure chance that someone noticed this blue haze.. they had looked the picture from a slanted angle, so the natural light was reflecting off differently and the haze stood out.

This is what struck us all as odd... a normal light would have a haze flare completely surrounding it.. as does the moon in the photo.. but this object has a strange field way out in front of itself...

Now that I've added this extra bit of info, I hope this might be taken with a bit more curiosity.. I do realise what some have said...but I've met others in the 'UFO field' that have had a far different opinion.

I am still trying to locate the letter I received from UFO magazine stating that they did not know what it is and that it is unidentified. As soon as I find that, I'll post up a copy...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stringue

I believe the OP is talking about a different Jubilee Tower, just to the east of Lancaster. This one:

www.geograph.org.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hey there, i live very near Lancaster myself in a village and im very intrigued about your sighting and sightings around morecambe to... please get back to me for a chat via email at [email protected]

thanks in advance

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join