It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incident at Cern..the beginning of the end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Came across this alledged conversation on Rense between Iowa Idiot and George Paxinos.

www.rense.com...

>>...GP : You also said that the formation of a Mini Black Hole would be
the least of our worries ... did you mean the Mini- or Proto-Universe,
and what if they were right, and they achieved the densities their
theories tell them were the conditions just before the Big Bang?
II : Yes, that would be a concern if they could actually do it, if their
theories were actually right ...
GP : Why? What would happen in that case?
II : Well, that universe would expand within ours, much like blowing a
soap-bubble with a bubble-pipe and then blowing another bubble into
the first bubble to expand within the original one.
GP : And that might displace some of ours? – while we are still IN it?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There is a story hear we are not hearing about. Scientists playing God with unknown dice.

Love the Neil Young quote. One of my personal favs.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hey hey, my my, the Universe can never die.

But maybe one can be created.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

II : Yes, that would be a concern if they could actually do it,

nothing to see here move along ... cern ends the world is soo last week

and what does this have to do with the incident at cern? a magnet overheating becasue of a nitrogen leak (think its nitrogen cooled) has nothing to do with super duper blackholes of doom coming to get us

[edit on 22/9/08 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Actually this is a new twist..not the blackhole but the expanding micro universe..

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

nothing to see here move along ... cern ends the world is soo last week

[edit on 22/9/08 by noobfun]

Just wait until they run it at full power. It'll surely make a big comeback on these threads then.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Doesn't Rense have a questionable reputation here on ATS?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm no fan of the LHC but I'm sure enough they haven't been colliding anything in secret not with the webcams and such on all the time.

While I've been researching the LHC though I found there is some evidence to suggest the RHIC collider may have already created something pretty weird and as far as I know it vanished talking around half the protons in the experiment with it. Hopefully it evaporated but whose to know really.

Most reports called it a dual black hole or just the RHIC fireball if anyone wants to look into it.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

Interesting, can you link what you found on that?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yeah, that's interesting.
Almost as if things got sent sent to the CERN cornfield.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Interesting, can you link what you found on that?

Well it was just random browsing and reading I doubt I could find the same pages again if I tried I did find this though with a brief search. It should be enough to get you started anyway.

RHIC Fireball

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

That is interesting- I had read a fair amount on CERN but had not really heard about the micro universe thing till I read this. Maybe there is something here. Hopefully, you have a link dual blackhole sounds interesting..

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A: Rense has a reputation of being extremely forgiving of it's own sources. They are often quite lacking in that area. That being said, remember "even a broken clock is right twice a day!"

B: the very first act in activating the LHC was to run protons around its circuit.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I love talking and reading about the LHC, be it good or bad I find it fascinating. I misunderstood teknikal's post about the protons disappearing in the collider, I thought the collider had disappeared...LOL.

Here's a couple of links I found on the subject :

LHC Facts - Incidents

RHIC

I like the mini-universe theory...it makes sense, they are trying to create the conditions that occured right after the big bang occured so if they succeed who knows what could happen and if they create a baby universe then it will have to expand won't it? Fact remains that it is all based on theory even the big bang is just a theory and if that theory is wrong then all of the other theories are wrong and who knows what might happen.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by adnil]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
What utter rubbish! You do realise that more energetic collisions between cosmic rays and the upper atmosphere every day?!

It sounds like a very distorted idea from M-theory, where two colliding branes create a new universe at the point of intersection. It's flattering you people think we humans have to power to destroy the Universe, in real life however, it takes a lot more energy to do that than throwing a few protons together!

I might point out that far more extreme gravitational and energetic objects exist in the Universe- super massive black holes at the centre of galaxies, powerful active galaxies which send out jets for thousands and thousands of light years etc. Far more energetic than our little Hadron Collider. Since all of these natural events (with energies way beyond anything we could imagine) fail to destroy the Universe, it seems rather unlikey that we will manage, don't you think?

[edit on 23-9-2008 by timelike]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I feel this is just one of the 'bumps in the road' with many more to come.

Everything took off well with no major complications, which in itself is a is an enormous feat when you consider everything involved.

I believe this will be the first of many drawbacks or interruptions, which will undoubtedly happen without major incident.

new topics

top topics

join