It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID: The Fundamentalist Conspiracy to Replace Science with Religion (from General)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Agreed .. although I think you could say that it is rammed down their throats

Voilá! ... Creation paté!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Well I think it varies from place to place. From what I remember from when I was little in church, the ignorant and especially the young just give the benefit of the doubt to the people speaking upfront.

That's why I think that sunday school is indoctrinating and hence, evil.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
John Anthony West-
www.youtube.com...

Article about the "Church of Progress"-
www.jawest.net...

The Church of Progress religion is particularly popular in academic instititions as is atheism and materialism.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Funny how the people most educated about the way the world works are the least likely to be creationists/religious.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiDrifter
Funny how the people most educated about the way the world works are the least likely to be creationists/religious.

Ooo man, I wasn't willing to open that can-o-worms. You might start something ugly.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
Ooo man, I wasn't willing to open that can-o-worms. You might start something ugly.

Heh. I wasn't either, but he actually brought it up himself.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by SamuraiDrifter]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think there is going to be a whole lot more conflict within the US before it settles down into some sort of consensus. The fundies strive for nothing less than total conversion of the masses and infiltration of every aspect of society; science education being high up on the wish list. They don't seem to be able to grasp how exactly accomplishing their goals would affect society; if science just up and left and it were replaced with religious dogma and superstition. America would turn into a third would country and the rationalists, choosing to live in this millennia, will have long relocated.

Destroying science education is only the first step in many. Mark my words, next will be history. They'll start demanding that the birth of Christ and related fairy tales be taught as actual historic events. The same absurd argument will be made as with ID; absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Since there's no documented evidence, there would be no teaching material outside their book of stories making it equired reading.

It makes me ill to think about it but lets not kid ourselves, do you really believe they will just be satisfied with science? Afterward they'll just be like "Well thanks guys, that's all we wanted!"

American fundies would best take notice of how they do things in the UK. Faith is considered a private matter which doesn't serve to hinder their education in the real world. They all need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they want to be in part responsible for the downfall of their country as a global player; as it certainly will if it's infiltrated any further and sabotaged by that garbage.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Good point above Wolf . . .

Religion has used the same psychological principles that tyrannical rulers have employed . . . they are proven and a hard cycle to break. However, in each case it is to control the masses and have their (leaders) will played out. Classic group think stuff . . . it runs so deep that believer's cry discrimination and intolorance when a dissenting view is proposed.

1. Create separation of thought and ideology
2. Have the superior (church leader) denounce the separated
3. Group think takes over to avoid being an outsider . . . beliefs cemented
4. De-humanize the separated . . . (Jews are devils, blacks are animals, atheists are satan's spawn)
5. Run the agenda . . . it's not hard when your followers think they are battling the Devil and not other humans, cut from the same universal cloth.

BTW - nice Jin Roh pic!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

1. act of two or more persons, conspirators, working in secret to obtain some goal, usually understood with negative connotations.
2. (law) an agreement between two or more persons to break the law at some time in the future.
3. a group of ravens
I do not think they mean any harm by it. They have considered it and see this course of action as morally sound. In a general sense, very general, it is a conspiracy, but not of the caliber or maliciousness that frequents the topics of the ATS forum. Thanks for your input!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiDrifter

Note: "Intelligent Design" has not been ruled unconstitutional -- "Creation Science" has been. When you're talking about how the courts have ruled, this is an important distinction.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There is a saying out there that says something like "The hardest thing to do is to think."

Less intelligent people find it harder to think freely for themselves and most people are this way inclined. These people will wilfully accept doctrine and other preconceived conclusions because it takes the burden of thinking of off them. I believe these make up the majority of fundamentalists and devout's (I have four or five of these within my circle of friends).

I'd hate to say it but It boils down to saying that the majority or creationists are stupid simply for their inability to rationalise doctrine.

Devouts and fundamentalists are in a difficult position to get out of because the cannot accept the possibility that their precious book could be wrong because in their minds, it would mean that God lied. It has to be the word of God, they cannot discern deity from doctrine.

Creationism is tantamount to bibliolatry.

[edit on 10/20/2008 by Good Wolf]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join