It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies Warn That Al Qaeda Aims for October Surprise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Spies Warn That Al Qaeda Aims for October Surprise: Intercepted Messages Asking Local Cells To Be Prepared for Imminent Instructions

In the aftermath of two major terrorist attacks on Western targets, America's counterterrorism community is warning that Al Qaeda may launch more overseas operations to influence the presidential elections in November.

Call it Osama bin Laden's "October surprise." In late August, during the weekend between the Democratic and Republican conventions, America's military and intelligence agencies intercepted a series of messages from Al Qaeda's leadership to intermediate members of the organization asking local cells to be prepared for imminent instructions.

An official familiar with the new intelligence said the message was picked up in multiple settings, from couriers to encrypted electronic communications to other means. "These are generic orders," the source said — a distinction from the more specific intelligence about the location, time, and method of an attack. "It was, 'Be on notice. We may call upon you soon.' It was sent out on many channels."

More...

Given the turbulence of the last few weeks, this almost sounds as mundane as a weather report...

[edit on 22-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Before any suprize was, I am! I am a serpent which is smooth deception seen.

Intelligent agents are given garbage. Even that, they think they have, they have NOT.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh, those great "Osama-Tapes*tm" serie continue always when needed for drive forward Busheney Agenda.

This is a awfull joke, but so true.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hey look! It's the Osama with the Fat nose? I wonder why they quit using the Osama with the skinny nose?

At least this time, he isn't wearing jewelry (watches, wedding ring, etc.), so there's that plus.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
it doesn't make any sense, a terrorist attack in October would only help McCain get elected.
I thought our enemies wanted Obama to win. this sounds counterproductive.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Given the turbulence of the last few weeks, this almost sounds as mundane as a weather report...

[edit on 22-9-2008 by loam]

OBL: "Down with the Dallas Cowboys! Terrel Owens is a cry-baby and a show-boater! Jerry Jones has nasty teeth. You will all perish for their transgressions. Praise to Allah!"

I hear ya.

I personally know--and that is what I feel--that this year's October Surprise is going to send everyone running for the hills.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow... That is the lightest Osama I have seen yet....In fact if I did not know better I would say that this osama Is Osama Goldstien.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Where were those spies, what were they doing before September 11, 2001...?

I mean, that was one (sorry, more tha one) BIG "surprise" they missed...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
why the hell would they want a terrorist attack if the US is already destroying their own economy and possible the whole world?

Revenge for economic terrorism by the US?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
it doesn't make any sense, a terrorist attack in October would only help McCain get elected.

The Bush administration has seen America go from being the most respected nation on the planet to one of the most distrusted and feared.

Our enemies want to see the same crowd running the country into the ground and grinding its good name into the dirt for another four years - Bush/Cheney has been just about the best thing that ever happened to them...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Believe me, if the US economy fails the Middle East will not. Instead, they will trade with Russia, China, and Europe. These people gave us Algebra and many of the elements of Geometry. They are not stupid.

Reality is about b****slap us in the face.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Wow... That is the lightest Osama I have seen yet....In fact if I did not know better I would say that this osama Is Osama Goldstien.

LOL! At least someone is on the same page (i.e., that is not the "real" Osama Bin Laden.)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

That's not Obama Goldstein. It's Shecky Bin Laden.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
IF this is a true intercepted message, then it possibly defines the true objective of "terrorism" -- to keep people frightened and wary, not living their lives, fearful. Now, terrorists don't even have to blow up anything, they just have to "leak" a message to bump up the pucker factor.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Umm....that IS exactly what terrorism is. This is not a new definition. Don't you recall since 9/11 all the politicians bleating from their bloody pulpits that we will NOT be afraid, we will NOT live lives of fear but America WILL continue to go about its day-to-day routines in the face of these terrorists.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Oh, those great "Osama-Tapes*tm" serie continue

When's the box set released?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Hey look! It's the Osama with the Fat nose? I wonder why they quit using the Osama with the skinny nose?

At least this time, he isn't wearing jewelry (watches, wedding ring, etc.), so there's that plus.

Also, what's happened to his shoulder width. He used to have quite broad shoulders, but now?...and you're correct, his nose is different. Maybe he has the opposite of what Mikey Jackson has?

[edit on 22/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Here's some food for thought!

Web Bot's Prediction for October 7th, 2008 - For the record

Could this be right???

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

Originally posted by traderjack
Believe me, if the US economy fails the Middle East will not. Instead, they will trade with Russia, China, and Europe...

If we go down, there wont be a Russia, China and Europe to trade with...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

I don't think there will be either person coming to power. Bush will use the fabricated attack on our own people yet again to # on the constitution as he has been wonderfully been doing since 9/11. We will see king george I very soon :/

top topics

<<   2 >>

join