It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black....Tomatos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sorry if this was posted before, I just think these things are really strange they look like round eggplants, but they are really tomatos! they come from the Galapagos Islands so I guess they arn't GM.....

LONDON (Reuters) - Last year, purple was the new orange for vegetables, but this year it is black that is stealing the limelight on greengrocers' shelves -- as the new red.

Following its success last year with the purple carrot, supermarket chain Sainsbury's said on Monday it was trialling a new breed of black tomato, called the Kumato.

Click here for the rest of the story....

What do you think of these things? I just think they are strange and I don't think that tomatos should be that color!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I wonder if they taste different. Maybe they are like the Tommacco's from the simpson's. Tobbacco on the inside.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
they look like big olives

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I left a pint of orange juice in a glass once and forgot to empty it before going on holiday.
When I got back, it had a green head and looked like a 'negative' pint of Guinness :w:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
aye yea i just tryed to bid on these on ebay and got out bid. i think i mentioned ebay on ats and it disappeared

[Edited on 123131p://3112u by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join