It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hotel truck first explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Okay...

I've got two ideas on this...

I've already posted my first on the other thread....

But after a conversation with someone, i think the first explosion was what looks like phosphorous.....

A stun greande? Maybe... designed to knock out the driver and prevent guards from reaching the truck? Enabling it to stun security forces with just enough time to explode. But that idea doesn't make much sense.... why would a suicide driver hurt himself before the BIG blast? Why didn't he smash through the gates?

OR

A signal flare.... For a bomb or missile? Most likely, for some reason, i don't think the driver was in on 'the gig'.

Maybe he was paid to take the truck to that location.... then a remote device was operated, sending a signal flash to direct an incoming missile.

Now.... who would want people to believe that terrorists are plotting the destruction of a hotel that deals with imortant foreign nationals and diplomats?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
From the look of it, a phoph. grenade or bomb of some sort makes sense. I do not believe it was a signal for a missle or bomb dropped from a plane or preditor. With the level of tech. today a bomb or missle could be put through any door or window you might choose. It might have been remote detonated when the truck was stopped by the barrier to make sure the driver would'nt be captured or bail.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Probably to make sure that nobody can get in the truck and drive it away if the driver is dead. I sure as hell ain't going to try. You've seen the video where the police couldn't do crap except stare.

new topics

join