It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: The next president of the United States?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Nancy Pelosi.
Courtesy: BBC News

That's right. Nancy Pelosi! Now I haven't the faintest idea of the mind boggling complexities of the mathematics involved in the voting procedures, but here's a scenario that may unfold in case of a dead heat.

The closer the election gets - and right now the polls have it very tight indeed - the greater the chance that a tie of 269 to 269 will occur.

If a stalemate results, the constitution provides that the vice-president-elect would become acting president until the gridlock is broken.

However, what if the Senate gets tied up in parliamentary knots? It's been known to happen.

Then America is likely to get its first female President, at least until the deadlock is broken. No, she won't be named Hillary Clinton, nor will the acting chief be Sarah Palin. Next-in-line will be the Speaker of the House, Democrat Nancy Pelosi.

Hmmm... Now that's weird!

Cheers!

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Traveling Nancy the Prez?

The stuff that nightmares are made of.

Maybe she can weasel in the 747 she wants while she's the Prez....

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
She will become the preseident if Dick and Boy Bush both kick the bucket before the election, which IMO is more likely. Whether they were purposfully assassinated, there would be a moment of chaos which would be the perfect 'excuse' to suspec the elections.

Edit: As many here have pointed out I beleive that the 2 party elections are already "Decided" so I doubt thre would actually be a tie.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

top topics

join