It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THe prophet of 500$ oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
money.cnn.com...

Lately here is what I have been seeing... People like major of New York City and other multibillioneres coming forward and saying hey we have a problem! There are republicans coming out against the bailout! Here is an article about a guy who is a stanch republican and expert in the oil industry coming out and saying "hey we have a problem" ........

Here are people who know what is going on actually stand to lose something, are considered experts in thier field and are saying the problems with the economy and engery crisis are DIRE and we HAVE to act.

Look if somebody who has made billions wants to give me some fininicial advise, maybe we would be smart to listen!
wcbstv.com...
edition.cnn.com...

If republicans are saying the current adminstration is COMPLETELY wrong and are appalled, maybe there is something to it!
www.chron.com...

If a guy who has stood up for big oil his entire career and now says we are heading for a complete engery meltdown unless we find some alternate form of engery, maybe we should heed his warning!
money.cnn.com...

Kind of falls along the lines of "dogs and cats sleeping together", further signs of end times?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
well oil did jump up $25 today. i really think the days of cheap oil are long gone

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Makes me glad I traded in my SUV for a nice little Kia Spectra earlier this year. I rolled over about $7k from the SUV into the loan, the insurance is higher, but overall it's STILL cheaper to drive because of the difference in gas consumption.

10 years ago when I was in high school I would just drive aimlessly listening to music and exploring the surrounding towns. It cost me about $15 to fill the tank. $15 now gets me to work and back for 2 days. Guess I should be happy I'm not commuting 3 hours a day anymore - I was filling the tank every other day.

Times have changed and I agree that we won't get back there. If we do I think it will be because we have other problems.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
IMO i believe its because the world has finally seen what kind of profits there are in the oil company, and they will never go back to sellin oil for 1.20 a gallon (price when i was 14 y/o lol)

Also, the cost of state of the art oil rigs, oil cargo transport ships, and refineries are sky high, metals and plastics arent as cheap as they once were. its a huge price circle, in which one aspect wont get cheaper w/out everything else getting cheaper

top topics

join