It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows today going to change the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How’s today going to fair for the government?
After a weekend of hearing that:

-Greenspans understanding that it’s the worst crisis since ww2,

-Bernanke leaving the senate and communities speechless, when explaining the current condition...

-The US throwing 700billion as an answer into an already over priced 11.3trillion debt ceiling

The man that led you with this:

Is now doing it to you like this:

The man on the right, that's not a confident look or pose, look at him, he's disgusted he's been pushed into ruining his name, his own reputation for this moron’s attempt of trickery.

How can we possibly throw 700 billion more into this mess, when it’s just increasing the depth of our hole!

The markets already down 100pts, I think today enough people are prepared to just play it safe and not make any major moves, hoping confidence comes back... but when the economy has another 100point day, its worrying how real the reality is, that the western nations are in slow decline!

Will we throw 'another' 700 billion once this money flutters away through digits and foreign 'deals'?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's beginning to look like this puppy's not going to recover. The market's over 150 pts down after the first hour of trading, and not another $700 Billion dollar package in sight today. When it takes a 3/4 Trillion Dollar injection to lift the market 3% and the effect wears off over the weekend, you know things are worse than even we've been saying.

Something I haven't seen reported, but on Thursday morning the world's central banks put together $180 Billion dollar capital fund and it didn't make even a lick of difference. That's why the urgent meetings and news of the bail out package was released on Thursday afternoon...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The academics and government officials can't save this market, they should back out and let the investors deal with it. It will be a rough day, week, month, year of trading... but the market will settle itself out. Let the companies go bankrupt, instead of just delaying this with more and more CREDIT.

I also find it kind of sickening that they are smiling and laughing while signing the legislation, unless that's just an older picture from something else.

I shouldn't have bought US stock today... I should have just converted all my USD back to CAD... oh well.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by Yarcofin]

join