It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lame ghosts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We've all heard these horrible stories of hauntings, some are very violent and usually very disturbing.
However, all the experiences I have ever had have always seemed, well, just so lame.

In the house I lived in with my family until I was 12, we had a ghost in the house. Not much ever happened except the toilet would flush by itself and quite often the cupboards in the kitchen would open by themselves, and a few times the dirty dishes sitting beside the sink even got moved around.
Lame, I know!

My parents bought a farm and we moved into the country where I lived until I was 20. Part of the land they bought is situated on an aboriginal "stomping ground" (A place of spiritual meaning for aborigines where they payed respect to the dead).
When I was about 16 or 17 I had a few friends over and we were listening to some music. The cd case was sitting on top of the actual cd player (not one of the speakers) and all of a sudden the case went flying off the top of the player and smashed on the floor. My first thoughts were that the vibrations knocked it off, but the case didn't simply fall off, it flew about three meters as if someone had thrown it off the top.
My mates were kind of freaked, but I wasn't.... I just guessed whoever else was there didn't like the music!

A few other ghostly experiences happened, and still happen every now and again at my parents farm, to family and friends. It usually just makes us laugh. I guess we all just have a really good/strange sense of humor.

So has anyone else have any piss-weak ghost stories?
Feel free to share

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A ghost used to "borrow" red clothes from my dryer. Then, they would return to the dryer several hours/days later.

It used to open windows, and once lit a candle.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Yeah that seems pretty piss-weak. I wonder why only red clothes? Now that you mention it, that also seems to happen with my boyfriends work socks. Three pairs go in, and two and a half pairs come out. Its really annoying!
Maybe thats where comedians go when they die?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The was a ghost in my house that violently rustled the tincel we rapped around the banister on the stairs at christmas.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
An apparition of a lady in a victorian dress once stabbed my dog.

No, not really. That'd be one hard-core ghost though.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thats great, but this is about not-so-scary ghost experiences... not made up scary ones.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Do boring ghosts count, now this is just what i experienced and it could of been an actual person, but years ago my parents bought a pub in the barossa valley, and one night i was walking through the bar open for business at the time and said hi to an older gentleman as going past, ans somehow got invloved in a conversation with him, he was talking about how he used to show films with his old style projector in another part of the hotel and went on and on, i said when was this as we had just bought the place, and he replied it was a long long time ago it was back in the 30s, by this time i was incredibly bored with his story and found a way to exit. It wasnt untill later that the story didnt seem to add up and i made a few questions, and it seems that he is a known ghost in the hotel as there have been fires and deaths there in the past. All i can say is i was terribly bored with him and as far as ghosts go a not very interesting one.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
However, all the experiences I have ever had have always seemed, well, just so lame.
So has anyone else have any piss-weak ghost stories?
Feel free to share

What the hell? So your saying you would want to have a terrifying, violent experience with a ghost? HUH?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
We used to have an "entity" that would turn on the lights in my bedroom and in my sisters bedroom. Also, on several occasions the radio and vacuum cleaner would turn on. Go figure!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

my ghost likes to hide and or move things around my shop, did it just last night.
I was rebuilding a gearbox and two parts came up missing, I later found them in an odd spot, where I left them.
Then this morning the parts had moved agian back to where they belong.

It also likes to stack things up.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

One or two are taking the mickey! Some not!

I've had very odd experiences in the past. A figure sat on my bed that would not shake off. I was wide awake at this point. sweating and freezing cold too. It was, i beleive, an old woman that three members of my family had encountered in earlier years.

I am the youngest in my family I have dreams that happen, my mother, grandmother and before them seem to have been people that see things.

I'm not a hand reader or anything like that but seem to know whats next wierd but true.

Alb

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
Thats great, but this is about not-so-scary ghost experiences... not made up scary ones.

OK, my ghost used to be a real good friend ya know, we'd sit and talk for hours...he was real nice...not scary at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A ghost in our house used to drink our beer.
Yep that's right drink our damn beer!
We would have a case of beer surely a heap of beer, and then all of a sudden hours later there would only be 1 left.
Then we would find all these empties all over the house we didn't remember drinking.
Thieving Ghost!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
A ghost in our house used to drink our beer.
Yep that's right drink our damn beer!
We would have a case of beer surely a heap of beer, and then all of a sudden hours later there would only be 1 left.
Then we would find all these empties all over the house we didn't remember drinking.
Thieving Ghost!

hahah

We must have a related ghost in our house...the one who eats all the cookies!!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
No, not saying I WANT one, just saying the only experiences I have had have been quite boring. Maybe I just don't get scared easily, as I am pretty open minded. I wouldn't really care if a ghost appeared in my living room wile I was playing PS3... I would probably just try having a conversation with him or her. Remember, they are just people, only, a little deader than us

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

I have the same problem!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Yes boring ghosts count, thats kind of the whole idea of the thread! Thanks for your story, I also work in a pub thats about 100 years old, and it's probably just my mind playing tricks on me but I'm sure I've seen some things after close.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Agreed.

But I happened to meet one in the doorway to my bedroom. My gf 'felt' it as well.

It got my panties in a bunch due to it's extreme feeling of hate. And I never even wore panties.

The blessed crucifix just inside the bedroom I believe held it at bay.
Theresa corroborated. And we never spoke of it again.

The fight or flight drop kick Lee move at the door was dramatic, but didn't connect. I was lucky I didn't break my knee.
But it did immediately shove off.

[edit on 9/23/2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 9/23/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Lol it dodged your kick! Ninja ghost
At least you scared him off. Pretty lame ghost getting scared off by your kung-fu move! LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
from the age of 4, until about 12... I had a ghost that would tuck me in at night. It scared the crap out of me when I was little, but when I finally told it "Leave me alone" I had grown tired of having a 2nd mother.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join