It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has jumped the shark

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I know most of us are sitting there hoping that someone gets elected and someone else doesn't and Ron Paul this and to hell with Oboma and Mcain will be another four year Bush term, but I say it doesnt matter. The president is just a figure head he doesnt control the world it isn't a presidents fault that things are bad (as much as I hate Bush and like to blame it on him) he is just a figure head. If Al Gore would have won (like he should have) nothing would be any different exept maybe we would have a president that could speak, but other then that NOTHING would be any different. It isn't the president!!!! It's all that shady big business people in the shadwos stuff, they are the ones that are in control they say jump and the president says how high, every president and any candidate would fall in line. Don't vote because you believe these people (they lie that is the job) will change something vote based on on face and voice irritation. Say to yourself I think I can listen to this guy for 8 years or I can look at this guy for 8 years without losing my mind. Thats the way to vote, because thats how much it's worth.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Instead of us all sitting in the poop pond pointing at each other, I thought I would step out to example a more important perspective.

For example, here is your copy from a higher more realistic viewpoint.

(Edited/ not OP's edit)

Hey Earth, you're *SNIP*! That's right, you're *SNIP* with a capital *SNIP*. I don't know what else to say to you at this point besides "I'm sorry" or "my condolences". I think Earth has officially jumped the shark over the last Yuga.

There have been so many catastrophes leading up to this event with complicity at every level, from outright disregard for the welfare of fellow men at the top, to pathetic, disgusting willful ignorance at the bottom. You were all somehow involved in this conspiracy.

But did you really have a chance anyway? To even begin to fight the system now firmly in place we'd have to begin at around age 5 and be on constant vigil, scanning for BS and lies, reading between the lines, researching, learning, protesting, writing your representatives, running for office...all while trying to get a job, pay the bills, and if you're lucky start a family. It was an impossible task all along. And because of this, we all just did what we thought we could in our spare time and hoped for the best. It's too tiring to fight all the time. Hell, sometimes it's too tiring just reading ATS and processing what we're really dealing with.

This decade Earth may be the biggest loser to date. Whether governments, Illuminati, alien deceptions or multinational corporations becomes the power, this will be true and the planets society will only further degenerate. None of these characters are good for Earth. None of these entities is good for you! I don't want this to become an antichrist hatefest so I will say only this. Right now it is an act of faith to believe Earth civilization will be great and a functional part of the galactic population. In the same vein, it is an act of faith to believe that the human spirit and heart will rule if you cast your vote for that. If you love Earth, you must have faith that she will rise from the ashes of unintelligent behavior and be all that she was destined to be, and you must vote for attitude that will not piss on Earth to put the flames out, REGARDLESS of whether or not you believe that spirit will win. Act and have faith.

Earth, help pick up the pieces, take up your own slack, and let's build it again. The giant multinational corporations, their minions including many governments has become Skynet, artificial intelligence become sentient. It exists only for its own preservation and betterment, and could not give a damn about yours. Vote for a spirit of awareness, knowledge and heart that will dismantle this system from within or only two choices will remain:

Tear down the citadel with your bare hands or continue on this steady decline until your would-be grandchildren are starving and wearing rags, their faces on Christian Children's Fund commercials around the world. It is the most important choice you will ever make and the most important thing you will ever do.

Everyone will suffer. Not just Americans. It's not about the candidates, governments, economies or belief systems that retain, fight for, defend their subjective.

They are all the carrot on the string in front us. The holders of that carrot on the string on the long stick are the powers who consume us for profit and controls down to our very souls.

Wake up and smell the good, rich Earth. Before we smell the rotting flesh of billions. Earth is ours, to share, love and steward. The sleeping masses are the real power here. Lulled to sleep by lies, fear, greed, nationalism and the junk-food of ideologies that serve only the predators who control things and direct us as sheep to slaughter. (Counting sheep?)

Apologies to the OP (sc2099). I could not resist the glaring subjective in the face of the real problem. Our civilizations survival.

All that said, it's the idiots show! CNN is raking in the profits. I wonder if their marketing hopes (and nudges) this crisis even further? Spin can turn to "churn" when it dips into our real world crisis and profits from it.

Watch the wolves. They circle looking for the weak places in the herd to know when and where to strike. Fear is the weakness they will exploit.

ZG

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't suport your theory. You have no idea of what lays ahead. However Suport your use of the term "Jumped the Shark".

Did you ever think that many the "World" has Jumped the Shark?

2012 phenomenon...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I know this, the way things are currently being done is not working. With all our modern conveniences, we have less and less time for ourselves and our families. The reason people are not having children in first world nations is because they don't have the time to live their lives.

With all the increases in productivity, and men and women working, we should all have more time away from work, but the truth is just the opposite, we are working longer hours. Not only are we working more hours to pay the bills, we are having to comute further and further to work. We have to send our kids to day care, and the public schools are not doing what they are supposed to do, so we now have to send our kids to private schools, or educate them ourselves. All of this steals away from the time we have to enjoy life.

In addition, every institution that you have to deal with, your job, or the bank, or the insurance companies, or government, keeps increasing the amount of paperwork you have to do to get anything done. More and more steps are being included in every process making it more and more difficult to accomplish anything. Of course, any mistakes on your part results in penalization. Making mistakes has become a crime in this modern world.

On top of all this, don't say anything bad, because it is politically incorrect.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
what exactly does the term "jumped the shark" come from?
I have heard it a few times here and still baffled by its meaning.
thank you.

In the television industry in the 70's-80's sit coms (situation comedys) would need to do something wild or extreme to get the ratings to the top of the Nielsons (sp?) So the show "Happy Days" in one such defining episode Fonzie jumped a shark on water skis. Giving the ratings efforts the label.

See:
Wikipedia Refrence

jumptheshark.com

Have a question? Want to know? Use Google. Even computer problems. Type in error messages verbatim and see others who have or solved the same problems. Use the Tool you are using! Not an Ad. Just want to show you knowledge can be right in front of you.

ZG

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

thank you for the info.
and now that i know the meanig of it, i can see that it is being mis used in this thread.
i hope the op follows your advice and looks up the meaning of it.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
For someone who takes pride in seeing through lies, you use the word faith a lot.
You're entirely missing the point. The next president will not decide the future of the country. The country has been run by far greater powers than the government for sometime. The bankers and owners have been at the wheel for some time. The collapse will not be the failure of a government, but the plan of those seeking more total control. This end has been formulated to bring a policed world into power which has been long coming. The system today is not fueled by a need for money, it is fueled by those hungry for power, the money is just part of the means to such control. It's like a game of chess, and only those with money can move a piece. The only reason you've had the illusion of free will and freedom this long was to keep you from revolting. The only reason they gave you those pills to "fix you" was to keep you sedated, to fix you like a pet. An the writer of this article, with all your smugness, you're not out of the location where the nuclear crater is soon to be. You're on earth, you're an organic asset of a populous which only seeks outer space for resources/knowledge(Anything but is fooling yourself). You're trapped. When the world order comes about, you will live in a policed state like the rest of us, where the populous is large enough that insubordinance is expedable. All the abilities and all the dreams you have will just be a problem in the big clockwork system planned. 99% of the world(anyone reading this included) will be nothing more than a drone in a hive, monitored, microchipped, an possibly have a microprocessor inbedded in your brain at birth, to make you more subserviant. I overdose, once they make chips mandatory(following china's lead) *if in my life time*.

Peace&Substance,
Brent

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Very good post, you almost have it. but be assured no election will stop this. this ha s been ingrained in our politics long before I was ever five years old. Dude our founding fathers knew. And I really believe they tried to, now listen very carefully, to preserve the status quo. But that is it. They knew that they would be dead before to much longer. They simple just wanted to preserve for their family and it`s generations what freedom meant. But do not misconstrued this to include you or anyone outside of there own family.
The connection to Great Britain that we all assumed was finalized by a war some how called the Revolution was like any other. Waste money and reduce the population.
When any government has the power to, O I don`t know, put a person in a high office, only to use him as a pawn or I don`t know tell the world that we be lookin` fo dem WMD, But da be da biggest perpetrators of they very same, no, not even the same. This country, of which I love and everything we thought we believed in,and make no mistake about this, IS GUILTY OF CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY. And # them for not letting mankind live and let live. we as humans were not put here to be the slaves to their wishes Our lives of servitude was not meant to be to thr resources of energy. Their is energy all around us. All you have to do is reach out and use it. But where is the money in that? It always was and always will be about da money. And that trail sucks.
Mike Quinn,
I can not be proud to be an American
Did I hear someone say Revolution, It is the only way

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
While I admit that I did not read every post in this thread, I did read enough to see that some people think this is a "government" out of control issue. It is not a part of a growth to globalism. This is a deliberate plane to move the world into a united global fascist state, the like of which Nazi Germany only dreamed about.

This is the culmination of many years of planning and manipulation, covert and overt, which brings us to the point of surrendering to the fact that we have been had, or rising up above the BS and creating a new paradigm.

We have the most powerful tool ever invented to fight with. We have an international online, 24/7 communications system, the can traverse across the globe within seconds, sending the thoughts of each of us, through words and pictures to millions at a time.

The way out is the of Merlin, turning our backs to the "evils" of Mordred and walking away. Just say no to taxes. Just say no to creditors. Just say no to both Obama and McCain. DEMAND that candidate can be placed on the ballot by the people instead of corporate funded political parties. And as someone earlier in this thread suggested, do not vote for ANY incumbent at all. Vote for the candidate that would be the least likely to win because that candidate would truly represent "we the people" and not the corporate interests that funded their campaigns.

Say no, to an educational system that has systematically steered the nation into the lowest common denomination of grunt workforce. We have a national educational system designed to supply McDonald's for many years to come. One the pinnacle of transportation for the public, our auto industry is derelict and defunct, after years of catering to the oil industry and refusing to make vehicles that are fuel efficient and pollution free.

Say no to the entire health care system, which has not cured any diseases, instead has created them. The industrial wastes have become pharmaceuticals and food additives that have further deteriorated our bodies and brains.

Do that, and we can change the world to a place we will enjoy living in, with love and peace for all of humanity and all the other creatures on the planet.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I disagree, the state of the Luciferian Masonic Empire is strong !

Christians, love it or leave it !

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PhilltFred

Every year is the apocalypse, every moment our last. A room full of monkeys and typewriters will make the dictionary, maybe some day you'll be right.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by mister.old.school

I respectfully disagree. Abstaining solves nothing. As an act of rebellion or protest it is empty and will be ignored. Those in control wouldn't even notice.

As an alternative, I believe everyone should vote. People should vote in overwhelming numbers. Break records everywhere. And everyone that votes should systematically vote against EVERY incumbent at every level. Every one. Vote them out. THAT, my friend, will be noticed. That will send a message. That cannot be ignored.

Vote?? Are you really serious?? Do you not remember year 2000 and 2004? Voteing is meaningless, and has been for quite some time. If you want current info on voteing just look at Ron Paul. Every where he went, every talk he gave, he kick the living snot out of ALL OTHERS. But, where was he on the poles? NOWHERE!! He is not even mentioned! Personally I'm VERY surprised he still lives. The CIA and NSA have forcefully confiscated his election pins, stickers, signs and other things from people. Do you actually think that our votes actually matter?? I say this with utmost respect.... Please take a good look around and see what is going on.

As for another example we have Ross Perot. Do you remember him? The first time he ran for presidency I was 17. But I remember VERY well that he would accept money from NO ONE. Also, he did not want to be paid for being the president. He was straight up in your face.

"This is what we need to do to fix things. This is the effects its going to have. Things are gonna suck for about 5 years. But we will be much better off in the long run. If you have any suggestions I'm all ears."

He said something along those lines. He knew what needed to be done, was going to do it, and did NOT want to get paid for it. And you think the government and American people wanted honesty, intergrity, and decency? HELL NO!!! So they got rid of him quick! The pathetic humans in charge do NOT want things to improve. They do not want the American people to be intellegent and think for themselves. Running this country is NOTHING BUT A BUSSINESS VENTURE AND THAT IS IT! Simple as it gets!

Anyone remember Ragen? 250+ people that were in his group went to court and had charges brought up against them. Some of them went to court many times over, and Ragen wasn't even that bad of a president. Now take a look at Governor Bush (W. Bush). No charges aginst him nor his group for war crimes nor crimes against humanity. NONE AT ALL!! Governor Bush makes Tricky Dicky Nixon look like a freaking saint!! Now the reason why I call G. W. Bush Governor Bush is because "Governor" is the last official title he got LEAGALLY!

Governor Bush's TRUE title is more like Monarch Bush, Furor Bush, Emperor Bush, or King Bush. Pick one, either one fits him well!!! I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he screwed around with the election that would some how keep him in power. I would not be the slightest bit surprised in the freaking least!!

Lastly I'll say this....... BS is rampent BS is every where. Our founding fathers are NOT exempt from this. From the American Revolution to the Declaration Of Independance, to the Constitution. Look at it like this...... This country was founded by a bunch of SLAVE OWNERS that said "all men are created equal". Oh Ya!! Right!!! "all men are created equal......" Yup!! Just as long as your not female, or have red, brown, black, or yellow skin. Ya you see the "equality of men" with the slavery of black people! How about the red people, the Native Americans? Ya equality... BS!! The equality they got was unadulterated and absolute ANHILATION!! And the yellow people, the Asians? Yup equality there too.... SLAVE labor for the Trans American Rail Road and all the other rail roads.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Valkyr8]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My point here is simply this.....

This country was founded on nothing less than the great American, red white and blue steaming pile of BS! From the beginning up untill now! The only thing that will change that is the elimination of corruption and all out revolution. How many of you can see that comeing on the horizon? NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
one of the first things that democracy has offered is a fair medium in witch the elite can do their "battles" with the common people. for that is the common people take the matter in their own hands there is no chance that any elite organization can take hold of the country.

the freedom of speech is not a right, it is a responsibility. and it wields great power.

the US unfortunately has become to stained to make a revolution without any violent conflict. i mean corruption is the only thing that holds it together.

i can tell you that my country is corrupt one, but it has half the corruption of the European medium (if the statistics are correct). but the main part in this have been taken by the average citizen. i mean if i have an interview with one of my professors, for example, i always take my voice recorder with me. and have been numerous cases where officials where suspended or arrested due to these actions (one of them is my ex professor).

besides that there is huge media coverage, especially on corruption cases. every single new ordnance and law that hits us it is clearly explained what profit can be fashioned out of it and to witch type of commercial companies goes to.

in the other hand any war is an illegal one. there has been no war that was voted for by both sides. if that is so then any president, general, soldier,... is a criminal. afterall "i was taking orders" is not an excuse by my point of view. in the legal sense the human rights don't apply for the soldier and it's victim (at least not in practice).

i disrespect any human that rolls himself into the military. i disrespect any human who is willing to take an ought to kill.

it might sound a little weird but for the dead soldiers i hope they burn in hell. because they are the ones who effectively pull the trigger. they are the ones who commit the crime, they are the ones who exercise the "power" of he ones with evil thoughts.

sorry if i offend anyone with this but there won't be any war conflict or other "misshapes" without the so easily bent dark will of the wicked human. and i know, i am no different, so go on and shoot anything that you have at me because there is no pain in this world that i don't deserve.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
sc2099:

Well stated, indeed. Are you professing your American Patriotism or are you just confused?

I'll listen to the appeal of my neighbor...you know, the one who lives on the same soil as I.

However, I'll pass on the illegitimate concern and unaffected TIRADE offered up from an INACTIVE AMERICAN.

Protesting from abroad is VACANT.
To your long distance appeal:
Thanks, but NO THANKS.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm not American and I don't live in the United States. It seems to me that many of you are getting consolation by thinking "two (or two hundred millions) in distress make sorrow less". That can be a very objective way of thinking under the present circumstances, but don't you think it a little mean?

I have worked in my country with many Americans and I have appreciated them. Even top executives have an orientation towards humour and we have laughed together many times. Don't make the mistake of considering that Americans as individuals are looked at the same way as the United States as a country.

Many other countries in the world have and will have difficulties. In times of crisis, no other remedy better than austerity. I have undergone many crises in my life, and I know it. I know that I can live with much less.
Another point is that I like it or deserve it. Who, being honest, deserves it?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
And the purpose of your post is:

To try and convince everyone that America is a terrible place to live so as to help you justify your own decision to leave.

Sorry, nice try.

PS - you'll be back, they always are.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by sc2099

Yes, we have been *SNIP* for a long time now. Like you say,

There have been so many catastrophes leading up to this event with complicity at every level, from outright disregard for the welfare of fellow men at the top, to pathetic, disgusting willful ignorance at the bottom. We were all somehow involved in this conspiracy.

Considering all of that, don't you think that this is all part of some big plan or scheme? The deck is stacked against us and has been for a long... long time. We are merely pawns and there is no way that someone like Ron Paul could ever win. The system won't allow it. I firmly believe that even if everyone voted for him, something would prevent him from ever being president. Fortunately for him though, the easiest option was used to silence him (media black out) and no drastic measures had to be taken.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by maria_stardust]

It sounds like you over estimate the power of the US president. I would have thought the Kennedy lesson was loud and clear. If Ron Paul became president nothing would really change. If he didn't play ball something would happen to him just as it did to JFK. The ones with the REAL power in this country don't hold an elected office.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Americans Please wake up and realise that you need to take control of your futures and boot out BUSH/McBush and anyone involved with him or his posse,

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join