It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has jumped the shark

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by mister.old.school

I respectfully disagree. Abstaining solves nothing. As an act of rebellion or protest it is empty and will be ignored. Those in control wouldn't even notice.

As an alternative, I believe everyone should vote. People should vote in overwhelming numbers. Break records everywhere. And everyone that votes should systematically vote against EVERY incumbent at every level. Every one. Vote them out. THAT, my friend, will be noticed. That will send a message. That cannot be ignored.

My very thoughts......vote EVERYONE there OUT. Start with new blood but make sure they read the Constitution and Bill of Rights, then go from there.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by mister.old.school

I respectfully disagree. Abstaining solves nothing. As an act of rebellion or protest it is empty and will be ignored. Those in control wouldn't even notice.

As an alternative, I believe everyone should vote. People should vote in overwhelming numbers. Break records everywhere. And everyone that votes should systematically vote against EVERY incumbent at every level. Every one. Vote them out. THAT, my friend, will be noticed. That will send a message. That cannot be ignored.

And whom do you vote in? Another puppet from the other side of the same coin? Did we not learn our lesson when "we" elected a Democratic Congress to end the war in Iraq. Last time I checked, there are still US Troops in Iraq. There is still a war in Iraq. The Democratic Congress failed, just like the Republican Congress failed by not reigning in the President who was abusing his power every step of the way. I can support the idea of "vote them out" however I must ask.. who do you vote in?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I can support the idea of "vote them out" however I must ask.. who do you vote in?

Yourself, your neighbor, your brother, anyone that doesn't appear on the ballot. Flood the elections with hundreds of thousands of names that are not affiliated with the 'club'.

Vote for real live people, just make sure they have NOTHING to do with the political machine or their corporate sponsors.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What is going to happen here is we are going to piss and moan about it but not do anything and country will continue to decline. Sorry, I'm in a really sour mood after reading all of this.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich is a good place to start. Or like Max said, vote in anyone not affiliated with 'the machine'.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
What is going to happen here is we are going to piss and moan about it but not do anything and country will continue to decline. Sorry, I'm in a really sour mood after reading all of this.

"wolde you bothe eate your cake, and have your cake?"
If you complain too much.....

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm watching the stocks right now....WIPE OUT...Yeah!...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So you don't like america yea thats obivious. And thank you but I don't take 'your condolences'. Please.

Do you honestly think that this is going to be only America going down, hell no. In case you have not noticed the global economy is dying to the point of being almost dead already. But you know how an animal, just before its death, tries to break free in one final desperation attempt, full of energy and hysteria....well remind you of anything.

If one country out there goes down (as in not america) then we should be alright, but now if and when america goes down, ohh #, its gonna be us and its gonna be europe and asia and everyone else.

So please save the pity for yourself, oh and your real brave too, coming here and posting something complety worthless, "oh i feel sorry for you". NO Ur in the same boat.

Take care

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel

"wolde you bothe eate your cake, and have your cake?"
If you complain too much.....

Not sure if I understood you or not, but I think that us complaining on this conspiracy website will not put the country in the right direction. Again, sorry for the sourpuss mood.

Is this whole site just a fruitless effort and investment of our time? Does anything that we say on here ever make a real difference in our world?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

I was just attempting to conjure up images of Olde European Aristocrats contempt for peasants and have it ring true to our situation in the "land of the free home of the brave".
About what to do... I was sitting with two Business Profs. a few weeks ago who are experts in Finance theory, International finance, Foreign exchange markets, Futures, etc...
I asked them as this "crises" began to unfold, "Who understands how the Stock Market and the Fed really work?" They did not answer... not because they did not at least have an opinion... more because they did not want to say what they really thought. Might also have something to do with the kind of person that most know me to be.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If we're so *SNIP* I invite everyone who doesn't like it, or can't handle it, to get the *SNIP* out of my country. I won't be sad at all to see anyone go.

I'm sure you'll be much much happier and less *SNIP* in a third world country.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by rocksarerocks]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This was passed on to me in 2007

Subject: Interesting....

This is too true to be very funny

The next time you hear a politician use the
word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about
whether you want the 'politicians' spending
YOUR tax money.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
but one advertising agency did a good job of
putting that figure into some perspective in
one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were
living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and
20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a
look at New Orleans after Katrina. It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division.

After Katrina, Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), asked
Congress for $250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number,
what does it mean?

A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of
New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you
each get $516,528.

B. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in
New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.

C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family
gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D.C .. HELLO!!! ... Are all your calculators
broken??

Tax his land,
Tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.
Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.
Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirts,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his booze,
Tax his beers,
If he cries,
Tax his tears.

Tax his bills,
Tax his gas,
Tax his notes,
Tax his cash.

Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers,
Tax him more,
Tax hi m until he's good and sore.

Tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.
Put these words upon his tomb,
'Taxes drove me to my doom!'
And when he's gone,
We won't relax,
We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!!

What about,
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Perm it Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax),
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax),
Liquor Tax,
Luxury Tax,
Marriage License Tax,
Medicare Tax,
Property Tax,
Real Estate Tax,
Service charge taxes,
Social Security Tax,
Road Usage Tax (Truckers),
Sales Taxes,
Recreational Vehicle Tax,
School Tax,
State Income Tax,
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA),
Telephone Federal Excise Tax,
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fe e Tax,
Telephone Federal, State and Local Su rcharge Tax,
Telephone Minimum Usage Su rcharge Tax,
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax,
Telephone State and Local Tax,
Telephone Usage Charge Tax,
Utility Tax,
Vehicle License Registration Tax,
Vehicle Sales Tax,
Watercraft Registration Tax,
Well Permit Tax,
Workers Compensation Tax.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class
in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened? Can you spell 'politicians!'

And I still have to 'press
1' for English.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Are you denying we are in Poop Creek without an *SNIP* Paddle? We are in a mess, created by the powers that be who were voted in TWICE by us. However, we are presented with the bill and the fat slobs (I cannot call them cats anymore as that's an insult to cats) go scot free.

A little less hostility wouldn't go amiss, doncha think?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
EXCELLENT POST. F'd and the S.

Though I do believe either McCain or Obama will be equally depreciating to America, I will still vote. You see, one candidate completely ignores certain subjects and facts, the other listens long enough to use what you have to say for his own political rhetoric. Neither will do the right things for America or Americans.

If there was ever time for an overthrow of any government ... well, what will it take? Complete financial collapse and the masses of people fighting for food? Is that what it will take to form a new regime? Apparently so, if you take a look at the apathy that has embedded itself in American culture.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Donald rumsfeld speaking at the pentagon on Sept 10 , 2001
this is what he said ........

" According to some estimates , we cannot track 2.3 Trillion Dollars in transactions "

We all know what happened the next day , but have you heard any more about these unaccounted for monies ?
2.3 trillion dollars represents 8,000 dollars for every man, woman and child in America.

Over the last 8 years Bush & Co. went on a spending spree with YOUR money .

Ron Paul , a fiscal conservative was treated like a laughing stock for his comments on the economic health of the U.S.A.
It may be time to review some of his statements , either way, unbridled capitalism has been consigned to the history books .

I sincerely hope WE can weather this *SNIP*-storm , and i do mean we , i am not a U.S citizen but i live in a country which has a disproportionate amount of U.S investment in it.
As always , it will be John-Doe that gets the shaft / loses his pension etc . While those taking risks with other peoples money will have to suffer the ignominy of sharing a Lear jet.

Who's for digging Milton Friedman up !

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am in no way an expert on this matter, i just come here to read and learn. So take this as you'd like.

There is always talk on taking action against the higher power but there is never any real physical action. How do we expect to fight, if no one lifts arm. There must be a start of something new in order to bring the end to something old. We can talk, talk and talk but that wont make our problems go away. The higher power(if there is one) has such a tight fix on the way we live that it is almost impossible to get our ideas out and be heard. People ridicule those who believe in something that isn't taught in schools or is regularly discussed.

These forums for instances, there are lot of topics that float around that would be thrown to the ground and burned if brought to the media. I can assure you that if someone was interviewed about NWO's and there effect on the US on CNN, NBC, or any other major news network, the interviewer would have a smile throughout the whole interview and totally disregard what was said to him/her. Those watching would also have the same reaction. why? because we've grown up looking at a man who believes in aliens, underwater facilities, bigfoot and etc. as someone who is crazy. It is extremely hard to make a case in a setting that makes you look like a fool.

I like the idea of flushing out people from congress and i also like various other ideas of spreading the word, but with a society like in which we live in the idea wouldn't go far. it would Probably be tossed aside by the majority of the population. they would Probably see it as a joke.

Again i like the fighting for our freedom but i see it as very difficult task to undertake.

i say this not as a believer or a non believer but as someone who just likes to listen to both sides equally.

(i've never typed so much in a post, if my post doesn't make sense keep the scolding at a minimum.
)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mondax

You are absolutely correct. This is what had me in a sour mood a couple hours ago. The fact that we KNOW what needs to be done and HOW to do it but we don't because of the fear of being rejected and laughed at and regarded as a loony.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

That'd be a valid solution if anyone was even sure that our voting system can be trusted anymore.

It can't. I don't put my time into things that can't be trusted.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
That'd be a valid solution if anyone was even sure that our voting system can be trusted anymore.

It can't. I don't put my time into things that can't be trusted.

I agree. I'm wondering if the voting system can be trusted.

However, I still intend to make my voice heard even if no one is listening.
I refuse to be a sheep and play their game. I will be voting for Ron Paul.

The only way that a minority can be heard is if we push hard enough and yell loud enough. It may not change this election but it could possibly change future elections.

I just refuse to react out of fear when I know what the right choice is.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

I'm with you, its the truth everyone would love an alternative candidate but know one will ever do it and so there will never be another party voted in..
this has got me in a foul mood as well great thread, it just brings up my own hopelessness with this once great country of mine

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join