It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's right up against whats wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Defining right in wrong in an age of awareness and respect for all forms and fashions of life becomes less difficult, not more I believe. For instance, bigotry. Many, especially religions say that God would kill or harm or has asked you to do damage to somebody because of a way of life, and imply that mankind's laws must be based on that. That would be wrong. Despite the cry's of those who hate change in any capacity, wrong is oppression, not the crime or misguided thinking itself. Our system is full of people who claim to be good and good intended, yet they continue or do nothing to focus on oppresive policy and making laws which stifle the bigots and those that organise to do someone harm, such as a black person in the south, when racists gather to harass them, for instance.

America needs not empty promises, but a new standard of stopping the problem before it starts. We as Americans need to realize were not here to nit pick how or what we should do in our lives. People like that have a severe disorder and usually become some beurocratic nutbag. I support an open america to all, and an america that tells anyone with a hateful or bigotted mind that they might want to move somewhere else.

I want to vote, but I cannot choose because i dont trust either candidate to fight for whats right. I am writing in Ron Paul, but Im doubting it will do any good. Whats right? Fighting oppressiveness and manipulation. Whats wrong? everyone. even myself sometimes..but not this time.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by mastermind77]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

We as Americans need to realize were not here to nit pick how or what we should do in our lives.

I don't like anyone telling me how to live my life more than the next guy, but perhaps we need some reminders every now and again. Think of it as a nagging mom who isn't trying to be annoying, rather wants the best for you.

I support an open america to all, and an america that tells anyone with a hateful or bigotted mind that they might want to move somewhere else.

People aren't born hateful or bigotted, they become that way. One of the biggest issues in this country is a demographics problem. If you study a map, you'll notice most urban centers are blue while most rural areas are red. These people's views are a reflection of their perspectives. Notice how folks who live in isolation want less government, less taxes, etc. People who live in urban regions are more inclined to vote for candidates with ideas on how to get large systems to function better.

As for R. Paul... I'm not a big fan of the two party system and thus supporting Paul seems natural. He is anti-abortion though. He is religious. In fact he views his duties to God as more important than his duties to the state. Is this the type of view we should endorse in the 21st century?

join