It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate buses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
One time I got on the bus, went to the top deck and guess what? There was a guy in a balaclava sitting at the back...
How strange.
I've also had fireworks set off on a bus I was on aswell.

Ahhh London Transport how beautiful thee are.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
One time I got on the bus, went to the top deck

You are lucky, you have double decker buses there, here there a only a few double decker ones on a single route and they were retired because of high maintainence cost, very sad actually, becaused when I was a child I really had enjoyed those buses.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If being short changed is the worst thing about your buses I'd rather yours than mine, half the time me bus dosn't even turn up....at all.

Trains arent much better.
They attract the scum of the earth, I've litteraly seen people pulling cones on a train. Gota love living 5 stops from the dero suburbs.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ivzm

The same here, the buses are never on time, but the lucky part is that the though not on schedule, there are buses at all times, so in one way, it does not cause a major irritation.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I can pay £3.20 for a day rider - all the city busses all that day, so compare that to a £2.40 return the extra 80p is worth paying for even if you know your only going in and out - it's nice to hand the ticket over to your mates to use.

When the bus is the best way to get to work all that week (I work all over) I can top up a card I have for £14, that gives me unlimited travel on any city bus for 7 days.

The problem with DayRiders is that they can't be used on all buses, they can only be used on the buses belonging to the company that issued them or are in agreement with. I live in a town South East of Manchester and one half of the town isn't really served by StageCoach as First dominate those particular routes.

Also, the DayRider fare is worked out so that whilst it appears to be value it actually isn't for most people. The fare is pitched to be slightly over what the average bus user needs, which is two buses a day based on a single fare and the combined cost of these tickets is always slightly less than the DayRider. It's not always much difference, maybe 30p or so, which seems cheap enough to think 'I'll buy a DayRider just in case I need to catch another bus' which rarely happens. These extra 30ps (or whatever) offset any losses the company makes due to travellers making their 'savings'.

As far as I'm aware, 'the Return ticket' isn't a scheme that's used everywhere either. I've not being able to buy a return ticket to my nearby towns in about a decade.

I actually love buses and wish more people would use public transport - and for the record, I don't drive or own a car - but, generally, the fares are inordinately expensive in Greater Manchester.

<< 1   >>

join