It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate buses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yes, you read that correctly.

Today was the worst ever experience in bus as I was cheated by the bus conductor of my money.

Here's what happened, I usually return home from university by public transport system only, the train station is opposite to my college and I can reach home directly within 40 minutes, so I prefer that, but in some days of the week like today university ends late because of laboratory work and so I had to board the bus as there was no train for one hour at that time. And I forgot to say the bus stand is also opposite to the college. In that way I'm lucky enough

Any ways I boarded the bus which goes half way to my suburb, and I have to get down and board the train from the main station. The fare on the bus was pasted as six ruppees and so I took out the exact change and gave it to the conductor for the ticket, and when he gave the ticket I was shocked to see that the ticket charge was printed as 4.50 ruppees and I was confused, and asked for the balance amount.

And can you guess what the conductor said.

He said that I gave him only five ruppees and he didnt have 50 paise change and I could forget it.

I was shocked of cheating me of my money

So, anyway I thought why I had to waste my energy fighting with him for the change he can buy nothing with that extra money I gave him.

Then after some time, one of the persons sitting next to me told that the bus service was yellow board and the bus was that of white board service. Iam sure you are confused, here we have different fares in different buses on the same route itself.

It kind of makes me angry, when I think of the conductor

With that money atleast I could have brought myself a candy.

Dont think I am childish, just wanted to add some humour.

So, I want you all to come up with your experiences in public transport system.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My local bus service is terrible due to the disgraceful rates they charge, £2.40 for a single ticket or £4.70 for an all day ticket, they recently did away with return tickets.

Translating the price into Indian Rupees (200.84 INR) and American Dollars (4.42 USD) for a single ticket you can see why I'm so annoyed.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Every single day I have to take the bus to downtown Detroit. Which is usually late. Then hopefully it arrives in time for me to catch the next bus that takes me down to where I work.

At night I have to hope to be able to get out of work on time enough to catch the bus going back downtown. If not I have to walk through a rather seedy neighborhood. If I manage to get to the downtown bus in time an unacosted I get to go home.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I love buses

They get you from point a to point d

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by UK Wizard

Yeah a bit expensive, but I am sure that all the buses are luxury buses, but the buses here on the roads will be good the week it is inducted to service and the next week all the seat covers would have been torn by miscreants.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well at least you know the scheduled time, here even though there is a time board displayed, the buses will never follow that, the drivers drive the bus whenever they want and it is really saddening when you see that three buses are coming and all three are in the same route, and not the route which I need to travel.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmysmits
I love buses

They get you from point a to point d

Sure, but in the city traffic, it takes half hour to travel half way for me and then another ten minutes wait at the train station for the regular train service and another ten minutes to reach my destination and then another ten minutes to cycle home, while if the train is available in that time, I can directly go through the halfway train station and reach home within half hour.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

I feel you!! I totally dislike the bus! And I will always sit at the very back of the bus! So I can keep an eye on everyone! I carry a knife with me when I ride the bus!

One day I was on the bus, and I was sitting near the front.. Some old haggard homeless lady gets on the bus.. She looks right at me, and walks close to me, and goes to put her hand in my pants!!!!!

IM like WTF lady!! and I slapped her hand away from my pocket! I think she was going for the change I had in my pockets!
Since that day I always keep an eye out, and never fall asleep on the bus!

THis lady smelled like warm/old hotdogs covered with poo!!!
It was totally gross, and from that day forth I will always ride in the back of the bus so I can keep an eye out for stuff like that.
It caught me off guard, and after I slapped her hand away she went and sat down a few seats away from me, and stared at me the whole ride...

Creepy!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I can pay £3.20 for a day rider - all the city busses all that day, so compare that to a £2.40 return the extra 80p is worth paying for even if you know your only going in and out - it's nice to hand the ticket over to your mates to use.

When the bus is the best way to get to work all that week (I work all over) I can top up a card I have for £14, that gives me unlimited travel on any city bus for 7 days.

Thing is I had to work sunday nights for a while - I would have to leave my house 2 1/2 hours before I started work - I can walk it in 1.5 max.... so I did - unless it rained.

Dumb thing is I just have to fix an old motorbike I got, that would be more expensive, but so much easier.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah, I also share the opinion on pickpocketing, here the buses are so crowded that there isnt any space for standing and I heave a sigh of relief when I check all the money intact in the pocket after disembarking the bus.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Here, theres the option of having monthly passes for buses and they are relatively cheaper compared to buying tickets daily, but with that pass the pass holders can travel only in ordinary buses and we cannot board the express or deluxe buses and so there is time wasted in waiting, so, I have a train pass which is monthly and allows UNLIMITED times of travel between the two places the pass is got for and it prevents time wastage of standing in Q to get the train ticket.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You got it a bit complicated over there!

We have one company that works all routes within the city limits inc. the suburbs, I think they are ties into the govt. on some level, there are other companies that do the towns further out.

What do you get on a deluxe bus? I'd want a leather chair, a sandwich and a coffee!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
o god dont even get me started XD
i hate the buss so much! filled with old fat people(excuse me)
terrible conductors and drivers that are pissed off of everyone.
and the prices get more expensive every like 3 months.
now its like more cheap to use ur car on gas.and since i got my car
im in HEAVEN.still those buss drivers drive worse then taxi's
but its so much cool and cheap.so just get a car and escape from this nightmare

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
My bus didn't show up yesterday evening.

Had to wait almost 1.5 in the cold rain.

I have a cold and called in sick today.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The buses are owned by government, the deluxe ones just have a automatic closing door which is operated by the driver, while the others dont have a door, just the steps.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Hi,
i ran into this topic , and found it interesting. I had this blog last year no one cared about, where i ranted on everything, it was kind of a therapy. The title was :
I'D RATHER BE HUNG RATHER THAN BEING A BUS DRIVER.
written out of sympathy for all the poor guys who endure that #ty job.
Here it goes

Yeah, yeah, i'd do that.
Why? Ha, you got it. Let me tell you a few things to try when you drive a bus.

_There is this half-drunk guy counting his 5 and 10-cent coins he needs to buy a 1.20€ ticket. Of course, it's 30 Celsius outside, in the middle of rush hour, and the bus is PACKED. Try this.
(my opinion : I hold my breath till my cheeks turn blue and get him a ticket when i see white dots everywhere)

_There is this smelly guy, who manages to sit right behind the driver seat, so when the air circulate in the bus, you're sure to get this smell as a reminder.

_There is this helpless mother with a baby. The baby, never happy and willing to let you know, turns into a red-colored piece of meat and shouts all the way. Of course, it's rush hour and the "baby vehicle" prevents people from moving in the bus. Keep cool, man.

_There is this stupid biatch talking on the phone as loud as she can, in order to make sure everyone knows about how difficult it is to choose between Joe and Jim, because Joe has such a big dick but what a shame when he takes you to high school with his old car...

_Of course, you have the archetype, the one you fear, "The One With His Mp3 Player Louder Than Hell" .The one who sits at the end of the bus, takes this Mob boss sitting position and just chews his bubblegum listening to crappy R'N'B music. Man, I swear I wanted to buy a car a few times after 15 minutes like this. You know, just the noise of the bus engine, and this guy pissing everyone with his crappy sound. Die, man, you and R'n'B music. I wish you have an accident someday, and that you die painfully with your Beyoncé music on your ears.I WISH this is gonna be the last thing you hear.

_Most of bus drivers drive like stuntmen sometimes. In my city there is a long avenue stretching north to south, and once you crossed the river, the road goes up and up and up. Picture the guy at the end of his evening shift, alone in the night with a couple passengers. You see this long avenue, deserted, no cops no cars, you just push on the throttle. I saw a driver one day who drove so fast the kids in the bus began to be afraid. We almost reached 100km/h down the avenue before the bridge. I thank god the lights were green.

_There is the young guy who is going to an interview for a job, and comes to you asking "can you tell me where do i have to get off the bus to go to "X" Company ? According to the "X", you are more or less pissed off because you can't look the guy in the eye (watch the road, boy) and tell him he should have taken line number 14 going the OPPOSITE way. The guy is pale, goes back to his seat and gets off as soon as you stop. The rest of the day you can't help betting with yourself if the guy managed to reach his destination.

_And, of course, you have the Supreme Asshole, the one who creates drama and action in the bus, when he's drunk or on drugs or if he has been dumped by his girlfriend. The "What'ya lookin'at?' boy inevitably ends up brawling with a couple of teenagers in the bus and you have to call the cops and SIT THERE. cause a bus driver can't do #. Sleep with it.

_Aaaah, the finishing guy. You had a good day, no traffic delays, quiet passengers -or nice ones, it can happen too- and all of a sudden ,the last guy of the last bus stop has decided to kill your evening. He walks around in the bus, talking to everyone, women, children, grannies, with a good'old language and insults coming back from the bottom of his unconscious. Then you want to grab him and throw him out. Wroooong decision, refer to the above BIG letters so you remember you have to SIT THERE. Just be patient, pray for the guy not to be aggressive, in this case you call the cops again, stop at the next bus stop and SIT THERE. In the evening, you have an argument with your girlfriend, you smash some furniture and glasses, yell at her...you make others pay for what you've endured..That's life.

_Oh by the way, I tried to give them tips one day. The driver said " I can't accept that, it'll ruin my cash register paperwork" . Like in supermarkets, but handcashiers remember they have separate pockets.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I hate buses too, drunk unwashed people are always on the run when I am.

It's getting to the point where I think they are trying to stalk me or they just like buses very very much...

I have breakfast in the mornings, I would like to keep my breakfast if you don't mind.:shk:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
that person is wright,being a buss driver probably is pretty hard and nasty,
people need to find some peacefull jobs

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The same thing here also, but with some modifications, the bus driver is like the king of the road and the pilot of an aeroplane, the drivers think that they are the owners and the rulers and just to mention a few of the arrogant things done by bus drivers to passengers,

a) Moving the bus from the stop before getting in, I have lots of these experiences and many times I had almost fallen on the road as the driver suddenly took the bus

b)No respect for the other road users and rash driving.:bnghd:

c)Scolding, telling bad words, and behaving rudely with everyone, especially students/

So, according to me the bus drivers are the worst persons ever in mankind.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
before sometime i was just going home from fitnes,i crossed the street,and this crazy bus driver just speeds up and stops at the last second and the bastard called out loud "retard" at me.thats not healthy for insane people like me.someday ill probably blow the whole city,i just want to go to his house and beat him up with a hammer.stupid ignorant people these days i cant take i t anymore,the other day i saw one smartass closing my gas thingy with his feet.o ..my ..god

top topics

<<   2 >>

join