It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the gas trucks?????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I am located above Atlanta Ga, I work 3rd shift, and have noticed tonight, as the last 3 nights, that I have not seen even 1 gas hauling truck on the highway in front of our hotel.This is very unusual, I would normally see several, I would say at least 15-20 a night. Stores are running out of gas and not getting any to re-supply, Atlanta is struggling to find gas at any station, as reported in the news:

www.ajc.com...

Also Chattanooga is having shortages in supply.

Are any of you in other states seeing this as well?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I've also seen less and less fuel haulers on the roads too, normally I would see a few at different gas stations on my way home from work at midnight, I don't recall seeing any in the past few weeks... I'll keep a look out now and will probably notice more though.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
LOL are you responsible for those gasoline panics???

What was the true story on those panics anyway?? I'll google.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
according to the article you posted OP, Atlanta gets its supply from the Gulf and that supply is limited after the hurricanes in recent weeks. normal service should resume presently.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
They are saying that the shortage in this area is being caused by folks running out and buying up the gas, but are Ga and Tn the only states that did that?

Personally I didn't run out and fill up. I have a 5 dollar at a time gas habit, that has because of gas prices, become a 15 dollar habit. I just have never been one to 'fill er up'.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaker

I see that you are in Utah, are you seeing any stations that are completely out of gas?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I was actually surprised to hear that there were shortages anywhere. I am in Oregon and I recently filled up for $3.49 a gallon. Gas had gone down $.20 in two days. No lines and no shortages.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Naturally you're seeing the effects of the refinery's being down for a short time, thanks to Tina's X (IKE) and apparently people horded to make sure they wouldn't personally run out. Luckily for you the shortages will probably only last a few weeks, since there was not that much damage & the power should be restored to most by then.

Here in the Pacific Northwest (WA) it is flowing fine and the prices are continuing to drop. If not for our high gas taxes it would probably be 3 bucks by now. As it is its $3.50 and falling. I expect them to switch over to the cheaper winter gas soon and I expect Oil prices to drop at least another $25 dollars before the election.

What are the prices there Spacey?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Umm, after what I just experienced yesterday, you better believe there are gas shortages. I'm in North Carolina.

I am fortunate enough to live like right down the street from a HESS gas station that has consistently shown to have the best prices on gas. I always go there.

The lines have been rather long in the last couple weeks, noticeably so. Well, nothing like what happened yesterday though.

I go down there to fill up, and see there are several police cars with blue lights flashing surrounding the station. As I get close, a cop stops me, asks me if I need gas. "Yep". "Ok sir, the line is right over there. You have a left side gas tank, so you'll need to get in that line." He points across the street, where my eyes follow a huge line of cars all the way to the back of that parking lot. I'm like "Holy crap!"

So I go get in line. As I am sitting there inching up ever so slowly, I notice the cops are separating cars by which side there gas tank is on, so they could funnel the cars in neatly to the pumps on the correct side. The thing is, that the vast majority of cars (like 80%) have driver side tanks, so the lines for them were long as hell (40 cars or more). Anyone who had a right side tank however was getting to move way far up in the shorter lines. The cops were friendly though, and had everything under control.

So after an hour and a half, I am finally one car behind the guy in front of me who was filling up. There was a girl in front of him at the next pump who was taking forever to fill up, like 30 minutes or more, and a lot of people were starting to get angry at. So I walk over, only to see the pump turning at a snail's pace, just trickling out the gas. Station attendant said the main pump was under too much stress, because all pumps were working overtime, all at once.

And just then, after waiting all that time, one cop comes out of the station and announces "That's it, they're out." So the cops start telling everyone this. Needless to say there were some pretty mad people, pulling out squealing tires and all. So I'm like "Christ." I walk in and ask the attendant if I can try, because the pump I was next for was still trickling out some. He said ok, but said he was showing empty on his main register.

So the guy ahead of me pulls off, I get to the pump, and it works, very slowly, but it works. In the meantime, all the cops were leaving, cause they had to change shifts. I knew there was going to be trouble. All the cars in line had left, but after the cops left, new lines of new people getting gas started forming, and these people had no clue of the long ass lines that had already happened.

So while I'm sitting there slowly getting mine, this poor girl in the line beside of me (for the other side of my pump) was about to pull up to the pump, screaming she was running on fumes, when one of the new people pulls right into her pump. Keep in mind she'd already been waiting over two hours. well, she just about lost it, and the poor guy who caught her hell didn't have a clue what he had done. The cops had all left. So I tried to tell him the situation, and he refused to move. Well about that time, my tank finally finished, and I'm like "I am OUTTA HERE." I have no clue what happened after that, but I know it wasn't pretty.

So I am staying home today. I think. Hell, if I can't get gas, I'll be damned if I am going to spend the last tank I have going to work. If this keeps up, mayhem is going to erupt down here.

edit: also, I asked one of the cops if he knew the reason, and he said that they heard that only 2 of 8 pipelines from the Gulf were working, and that's why the shortages.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Sorry for the two-liner but that sounds like Russia in the early 90's.
Congrats.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
oil prices are heading back towards $110 a barrel so dont exoect gas prices to continue falling

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In Nashville we've been out since Friday.

The news said Ike would crank the the gas prices up on Monday by $1 or more so there was a run on Saturday and Sunday- till all the gas had been pulled out of the ground. It caught back up i little bit during the week but by Friday the fuel stations were running out again.

That, of course, caused another run. Now all the gas is gone for miles around here. I have a half tank. Enough to go to work today and tomorrow...

People around here are horders though. If there's a sniff of snow in the air everyone empties the grocery stores out. Withing two hours of hearing something on the news all the milk and bread will be wiped out.

Now I have something else to add to my emergency stores...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
We live near Charlotte, NC and our town is completely out except for 1 station where you can fill up and another one that is limiting 5 gallons at a time.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Virginia has gas, and so does Florida, just talked to friends/relatives. We need to get to the bottom of this and figure out WTF is going on.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I called my Brother when I arrived in Atlanta Sunday 14th and he told me about gas shortages in Charlotte.
I've now been in Charlotte since Thursday last week and there is no end yet to the gas shortage here - we haven't seen a single gas station with fuel for several days now and it's supposed to last the rest of this week.

I'd have thought there would be reserves for this sort of situation?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We seem to have the normal amount of fuel hauling rigs passing through Kingman, Arizona.

Prices for one gallon of 87 octane is right around $3.55 at several stations and if you shop at one particular grocery store, spend over $100. in one month the price is $3.40.

Diesel has come down to under $4.00 per gallon as well.

Truck traffic in general seems to be about what it was before and the railroads are running more trains so that bodes well for the economy.

(We are on a major east-west rail route.)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Check out this related thread I started this morning.
[www.abovetopsecret.com...]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Gas prices just west of Atlanta are running $3.97/gallon. There are several stations here that haven't had any problem keeping regular unleaded but are out of higher grades. Other stations get gas in early, but are out by early afternoon. They say it's going to be like this another 5-10 days.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Oh wow, must be worse out there than I thought. There's plenty of gas out here in California; even if it is about the most expensive in the US. I packed up all my earthly belongings two days back and went on a 340 mile drive, and I was drafting behind a few of the things for efficiency.

I report no change in gas availability for the entirety of the lower half of the pacific coast.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I posted this on the Nashville thread also...

Checking in from East Cobb
Marietta, Ga.
WE ARE OUT OF GAS!!!
The local news station (WSBTV) just ran the gas shortage story as the top news story with East Cobb featured. The line at 6:00 pm went at least 1/2 a mile into the main road and the reporter said that the owner said pumps were almost dry.
Okay so we are out of gas in Atlanta and the suburbs BUT there was absolutely NO mention of when gas will return, what to expect the rest of the week or when the crisis will be over!!!! Nothing Zip Nada!
all the reporter reported on was the lack of gas
That worries me more then the shortage and if there is some kind of conspiracy going on well what is it and what kind of outcome is supposed to come from it?
I swear with all of the financial and economic stress, the political mess and now YET ANOTHER FREAKING GAS SHORTAGE IN THE SOUTH you would think Armageddon was closing in fast. Thank goodness the rest of the country has plenty of gas, if not I would be extremely alarmed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join